Any advantage to have an iPad Mini 4 with cellular?
751 13 2020-1-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bonmot
lvl.3
Flight distance : 382815 ft
Canada

Thinking about getting an iPad mini for my magic 2 zoom. Is there any advantage to have cellular Other than 911 calls?
I won’t have a SIM card for it.
2020-1-9
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Not really unless you want to move the home point while flying, cellular version has gps as standard
2020-1-9
Use props
bonmot
lvl.3
Canada

I see thanks. But I thought The GPS is inside the drone.
2020-1-10
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

iPad cellular was for pilots back during iPad 4 retina for weather updates and other things but because you can hotspot your smartphone with ease today it seems like that doesn't matter to have anymore
2020-1-10
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bonmot Posted at 1-10 04:52

If you reset the homepoint during flight, using the drone GPS unit will set it where the drone is and this does not seem logical

By default it needs to use the device GPS to make a new homepoint setting which would normally be nearest to the pilots location.

2020-1-10
Use props
bonmot
lvl.3
Canada

lannes Posted at 1-10 06:08
If you reset the homepoint during flight, using the drone GPS unit will set it where the drone is and this does not seem logical

By default it needs to use the device GPS to make a new homepoint setting which would normally be nearest to the pilots location.

Yes, you are right! Now I understand. "home" is "home". LOL
2020-1-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

bonmot Posted at 1-10 04:52

The drone has a perfectly good GPS receiver that it uses for everything except resetting home to the current location of the controller and follow-me flying.

2020-1-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

lannes Posted at 1-10 06:08

Since resetting the home point is mostly used when flying from a moving boat, and as soon as you set the home point, ity is out of date, it really doesn't matter whether you reset to the aircraft's or controller's location.
The main use is just to keep the HP close so you don't get a situation where the drone goes back to the original launch point when the battery gets low.
2020-1-10
Use props
bonmot
lvl.3
Canada

Labroides Posted at 1-10 06:59
The drone has a perfectly good GPS receiver that it uses for everything except resetting home to the current location of the controller and follow-me flying.

Yes. thanks. You guys are sharp and fast. :-D
Can Mavic 2 Zoom do "follow me"?
2020-1-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

bonmot Posted at 1-10 07:02
Yes. thanks. You guys are sharp and fast. :-D
Can Mavic 2 Zoom do "follow me"?

Yes, but it doesn't work with Apple devices any more and Active track is better.
2020-1-10
Use props
bonmot
lvl.3
Canada

Labroides Posted at 1-10 07:04
Yes, but it doesn't work with Apple devices any more and Active track is better.

Or they should have feature called "come to me" :-D
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day bonmot. Thank for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope you will get the best recommendation from our DJI co pilots who uses the said mobile device for there DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. In addition during the actual flight of your DJI drone it is best and it is recommended to put your mobile device to airplane mode to minimize interference from calls and text. Thank you.
2020-1-10
Use props
bonmot
lvl.3
Canada

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-10 08:28
Hello and good day bonmot. Thank for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope you will get the best recommendation from our DJI co pilots who uses the said mobile device for there DJI Mavic 2 Zoom. In addition during the actual flight of your DJI drone it is best and it is recommended to put your mobile device to airplane mode to minimize interference from calls and text. Thank you.

Great advice. Airplane mode it is! Should be on the checklist. Thanks!
2020-1-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

bonmot Posted at 1-10 08:38
Great advice. Airplane mode it is! Should be on the checklist. Thanks!

You are very much welcome bonmot. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules