First crash and lucky recovery
625 10 2020-1-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ERC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 608629 ft
United Kingdom

Today I crashed the mini for the first time, hitting an overhanging tree whilst flying over a reservoir.  After much panick and running around, just as I was about to give up and walk away, I found the mini up against a tree.  I am trying to recover the footage of the last flight (the crash), off the SD card but I am unable to open it and can see that there is no codec information on the mp4, is there anyway to recover the file?  I'm guessing it did not finish processing when the mini powered off!

20200119_102503.jpg
2020-1-19
Use props
Minnesota
lvl.4
United States

Put the card back in the drone, begin another recording, and it should close out the prior file.  Then it should be good.
2020-1-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad to hear you found your MM.  Hope it didn't sustain any damage.  Be sure and inspect your propellers closely before you fly again.
2020-1-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day ERC. I am sorry to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since there was a crash that happened and if you feel that your DJI Mavic Mini is not performing well on your next flight. It is best to contact our DJI Support team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to check the said drone. Thank you and please fly safe always.
2020-1-19
Use props
ERC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Minnesota Posted at 1-19 04:10
Put the card back in the drone, begin another recording, and it should close out the prior file.  Then it should be good.

Thanks, that worked but weirdly the SD card clip is 8 seconds shorter and does not show the crash like my cached version on the phone.
2020-1-19
Use props
ERC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-19 05:18
Glad to hear you found your MM.  Hope it didn't sustain any damage.  Be sure and inspect your propellers closely before you fly again.

Just inspected and the only damage is slight on the battery case, the propellers are fine and it is flying ok.
2020-1-19
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Wow glad you found it!
2020-1-19
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Glad everything went well.
2020-1-19
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

View the video from fly app and it will then close it properly and you will be able to view it from your computer.
2020-1-19
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

ERC Posted at 1-19 08:47
Just inspected and the only damage is slight on the battery case, the propellers are fine and it is flying ok.

ERC, great to hear it was only slightly damaged and only a battery case.  Really lucky.  With your luck today you might want to go buy a lottery ticket or two.  LOL.
2020-1-19
Use props
ERC
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-19 12:07
ERC, great to hear it was only slightly damaged and only a battery case.  Really lucky.  With your luck today you might want to go buy a lottery ticket or two.  LOL.

Yep very lucky! I started to walk away because I was adamant it was in the water.  Here's the final moments of the crash...

2020-1-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules