Phantom V2+ Firmware 3.14
2765 11 2015-6-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bhoglundwasabi
lvl.1

United States

Upgraded firmware recently from 3.08 to 3.14. Having satellite connectivity issues. Flying in a familiar known good area. Generally I will link to ~11 satellites with former version. After upgrade and exactly the same pre flight routine I am having issues with holding even 5 or 6 satellites.

I uninstalled, re-installed my assistant software (After deleting old versions) and ran through all the tools and calibrations with the software, and performed multiple pre-flight calibrations receiving the same insufficient satellite connection.

I changed between Phantom and NAZA modes and have same result. Also verified that my S switches were correct throughout all processes.

I flew up to ~5 feet to hover and clearly the phantom drifts, wont hold a solid position so there seems to be no error with the actual satellite link v/s the display on my phone with regard to number of satellites.

Anyone else have this issue?
Anyone have advice?

It was a great thing before my upgrade.

Thank you
WASABI
2015-6-12
Use props
srtgray
lvl.2

Switzerland

Mine came with 3.14, and I had exactly the same as you describe - 6 satellites maximum, and drifting.  At least I did until it had a catastrophic fly-away.
2015-6-12
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
Flight distance : 37415 ft
United States

I stayed at 3.08 on my p2 v1  after I noticed that my plus had a harder time acquiring gps lock AFTER updateing 3.12
when the plus had 3.08 it was total lock in under a minute , even in house ,  now with 3.12  2 - 3 min outside!!!

have heard nothing to make me do 3.14 at all, in fact the opposite.

at this point I would update your gps antenna to compensate and get a safe margin again.
digikey #931-1126-nd
2015-6-12
Use props
bhoglundwasabi
lvl.1

United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-6-12 22:58
I stayed at 3.08 on my p2 v1  after I noticed that my plus had a harder time acquiring gps lock AFTE ...

THX kirk. I keep searching for a way to roll back to 3.08. Not sure why that is not an option (Or is it . . . ?)
2015-6-12
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I ran 3.14 on the day of release with no problems, in-fact I have never had any issues with firmware updates.
I have a V2 Vision +.
2015-6-12
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

bhoglundwasabi@ Posted at 2015-6-13 00:35
THX kirk. I keep searching for a way to roll back to 3.08. Not sure why that is not an option (Or  ...

nope,  at least not that I have seen... would do it in a minute!
2015-6-12
Use props
kirk2579
Second Officer
United States

johnwarr@live.c Posted at 2015-6-13 00:58
I ran 3.14 on the day of release with no problems, in-fact I have never had any issues with firmware ...

that's awesome and that seems normal for these craft.

some have issues with ESC's some don't

some have major issues with updates, some are fine!

some have issues with motors  some don't

some have issues with GPS and foil   some don't

some have no issues at all, that doesn't mean those that do or don't are special, just LUCKY!

2015-6-12
Use props
bhoglundwasabi
lvl.1

United States

kirk2579@aol.co Posted at 2015-6-13 02:22
nope,  at least not that I have seen... would do it in a minute!

Given that some individuals have more or less success with Firmware updates, I don't understand why DJI would not provide options to roll forward or backward with versions based on the operators experience with each one. Provide the tools that can help the customer experience, knowing that these random variables exist.
2015-6-12
Use props
yovany.cespedes
lvl.1

Dominican Republic

When I do return home with my Phantom Vision 2 + V2.0 speed is very slow anyone know why this happens, 3.08 above the speed was faster and not discharged into the air.
2015-6-12
Use props
bhoglundwasabi
lvl.1

United States

srtgray Posted at 2015-6-12 22:22
Mine came with 3.14, and I had exactly the same as you describe - 6 satellites maximum, and drifting ...

what happened?
2015-6-13
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Hey guys, I reviewed the update from 3.08 to 3.14 and there were no changes in the software to effect GPS. Could it be a difference in atmospheric conditions that day? I use uvaforecast.com and there are days that the satellites are less available than other days. Have seen where a lot of users updated and no issues. Some other say they have battery issues since the update and now some of you have satellite issues. After any update.... Good rule of thumb. Re-calibrate the IMU (perfectly level aircraft). Re-calibrate the sticks and then when ready to fly re-calibrate the compass. Those three calibrations are your friend. They set up the plane for it's take of and return to home safely. Plus a lot of other technical sensor settings. But do it after any update and after having a hard bounce/ crash or even after shipping or getting a rough ride. It may save you from a fly a way or even worse.. Do the calibrations and see if your satellites come back. What have you got to loose but a little time.
2015-6-14
Use props
bhoglundwasabi
lvl.1

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-14 19:10
Hey guys, I reviewed the update from 3.08 to 3.14 and there were no changes in the software to effec ...

Will give it another shot. Thanks
2015-6-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules