872 7 2020-1-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
basejumper
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Hi guys,

Can you take a look at this video please and see what my gimbal did yesterday:

It was still like this for all the other jumpers.

Typical that it would decide to do this when they jump, and not when I am circling the Lighthouse or gathering other less important footage.

It wouldnt allow me to pan at all, it just wobbled, and then eventually wouldnt react at all.

The error I got on the remote was 'Gimbal overloaded'.

The is nothing stuck in the way, like dirt etc.

I will upload the logs this evening.

Many thanks

2020-1-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this caused you. With regards to this concern. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air using the DJI Assistant 2 and please do the gimbal calibration to isolate the issue. In addition, please try flying to said drone to a different location with less interference and less wind as well. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-1-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

It saeems significant that is happens just as the aircraft goes over the edge of the cliff. I wonder if there is an updraft that is too strong for the gimbal?
2020-1-21
Use props
basejumper
lvl.2

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-21 13:14
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this caused you. With regards to this concern. Can you please try to refresh the firmware of your DJI Mavic Air using the DJI Assistant 2  and please do the gimbal calibration to isolate the issue. In addition, please try flying to said drone to a different location with less interference and less wind as well. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

The gimbal was calibrated recently and also the firmware.
I manually chose a channel on the 5.8ghz with no interference. The was less than 3mph wind from the North.
I have flown here twice before with no issues.
2020-1-21
Use props
basejumper
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 1-21 13:18
It saeems significant that is happens just as the aircraft goes over the edge of the cliff. I wonder if there is an updraft that is too strong for the gimbal?

I had been flying over the edge for minutes before with no issues, I even flew further down the cliff.
Wind was next to nothing, which is why we were base jumping. No updraft, we used wind drift indicators before jumping
2020-1-21
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

basejumper Posted at 1-21 15:19
I had been flying over the edge for minutes before with no issues, I even flew further down the cliff.
Wind was next to nothing, which is why we were base jumping. No updraft, we used wind drift indicators before jumping

OK, it was just a wild stab. It does not take much to cause the gimbal to jump, as the motors are not particularly powerful. You can try this out by tapping the camera sharply while the aircraft is switched on.
2020-1-21
Use props
basejumper
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Geebax Posted at 1-21 20:34
OK, it was just a wild stab. It does not take much to cause the gimbal to jump, as the motors are not particularly powerful. You can try this out by tapping the camera sharply while the aircraft is switched on.

Ah great thanks, I will try that today
2020-1-22
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

basejumper Posted at 1-21 15:16
The gimbal was calibrated recently and also the firmware.
I manually chose a channel on the 5.8ghz with no interference. The was less than 3mph wind from the North.
I have flown here twice before with no issues.

Hi. I am sorry to know that the issue still persists. Since multiple troubleshooting was done, if you are experiencing this issue in a different location with less wind. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team to start up a ticket to further diagnose the cause of the issue. Please note that the repair cost will depend on the said warranty period of the drone otherwise, valid charges will apply. Thank you.
2020-1-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules