lvl.1
Flight distance : 7434 ft
Russia

Hello.

Mavic mini

Mavic mini

fir-tree

fir-tree

It turned out a small problem, water accumulated in the chamber and it does not go away.
2 days in a warm place where +35, the water dried out, spots remained. Image is spoiled. After 10 minutes at +22, water is again on the glass inside.
4 days in rice. Water on the glass inside.

Tell me what to do, how to clean the glass from the inside.

Thank you.

2020-1-22
Use props
LRaven
lvl.2
Ukraine

If MM in normal condition(not was underwater or heavy rain) just put MM without battery to warmer place, +40 ... +50 grad Celsius for one-two day.   It must be enough.
2020-1-22
Use props
VladimirSaintp
lvl.1
Russia

LRaven Posted at 1-22 11:38
If MM in normal condition(not was underwater or heavy rain) just put MM without battery to warmer place, +40 ... +50 grad Celsius for one-two day.   It must be enough.

when it dries, the glass inside is dirty anyway.
2020-1-22
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

That is impossible to fix, without removing the glass and wiping it to remove the water stains.

The problem is that the condensation will happen again, when you take it outside in the winter.

The MM is only rated for 32F
2020-1-22
Use props
VladimirSaintp
lvl.1
Russia

lannes Posted at 1-22 18:35
That is impossible to fix, without removing the glass and wiping it to remove the water stains.

The problem is that the condensation will happen again, when you take it outside in the winter.

This is not a problem, I don’t have winter in the city this year) in St. Petersburg only today 26.6 F. it was above 32.
I just wonder how to remove the glass?)
2020-1-22
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 284209 ft
  • >>>
United States

Rice appears not to be a good answer. https://www.ifixit.com/Wiki/Don% ... ce._Here%27s_Why...
2020-1-22
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

VladimirSaintp Posted at 1-22 21:46
This is not a problem, I don’t have winter in the city this year) in St. Petersburg only today 26.6 F. it was above 32.
I just wonder how to remove the glass?)

This tear down shows how to remove the camera but not how to dismantle it, apparently DJI don't repair the camera they just replace the whole unit

https://www.rcgeeks.co.uk/blog/d ... ardown-whats-inside

Maybe it's covered as a warranty repair
2020-1-23
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

How it entered it can get out again. Warm the unit and keep in under constant ventilation.a
The best idea that I can think of set it on a table with a hairdryer blowing towards it at the mildest temperature setting. Verify the air stream is just lukewarm from that distance.

The temperature will make the water droplets evaporate, the constant air stream will facilitate air circulation inside the chamber, effectively replacing the humid air with less saturated one.

2020-1-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Return it, there are many ways to clear this , but if it got in once it will get in again and you will continually be trying to get it out.
2020-1-23
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

It is weird that a lot of condensation + dirt would get inside, a bit of condensation is normal in all lenses, no matter which manufacturer.
If water has left marks, contact DJI Support and let us know!
2020-1-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. I would recommend for you contact our DJI support team to start up a ticket at ( https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav ). We have the professional team who would do their best to  assists you with regards to this matter. Thank you.
2020-1-24
Use props
mrveronn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16093 ft
Canada

Maybe in a bag with a Pelican Reusable Silica Gel Hydrosorbent Unit...? But yes, not good if it recurring...maybe the lens has been bumped/damaged in some way and seal broken...? I keep one of these in my carrying case to keep moisture at minimum level...the unit is reusable so just pop it in the oven as directed and throw it back in the case to keep doing its job.

2020-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules