o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Flight Simulator (obvious reasons)
DRL Simulator (a great training school)
Liftoff (1st person manual FPV simulator)
RF-X Software with InterLink-X Controller (best 3rd person simulator)

You can use the InterLink-X controller with all the sims which is highly recommended.  It's not as easy mode with the DJI drones but imo very important to know the fundamentals.

They are important especially if you choose to move up to the robust and reliable higher-end drones.
2020-1-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

thanks for the info,  I want to get into FPV in the summer.
2020-1-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 01:23
thanks for the info,  I want to get into FPV in the summer.

Don't do it without the simulator and the controller.  Some people try to learn it w/o a sim and give up after a lot of crashes, at least with helicopters they did.

A good FPV is just like the M2 just with lower latency and limits lifted.

2020-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-23 01:34
Don't do it without the simulator and the controller.  Some people try to learn it w/o a sim and give up after a lot of crashes, at least with helicopters they did.

I tried to learn the helicopter years ago and failed miserably.  I didn't know there was a helicopter simulator.
2020-1-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 01:35
I tried to learn the helicopter years ago and failed miserably.  I didn't know there was a helicopter simulator.

With RF-X you can learn on that too.  They aren't that fun imo.  It takes more work to keep them steady.  FPV aircraft was also bad.  Drones like DJI didn't exist this good back then.

People like this make it look easy but it's not.
2020-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-23 01:37
With RF-X you can learn on that too.  They aren't that fun imo.  It takes more work to keep them steady.  FPV aircraft was also bad.  Drones like DJI didn't exist this good back then.

that's insane,  I couldn't even hover without a crash.
2020-1-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 01:45
that's insane,  I couldn't even hover without a crash.

I was going to full do it w/o a sim but someone I met in real-life talked me into it.  I was going to do many things w/o any learning but learning on the fly but that usually results in serious error.  Being limited in areas can obviously be a blessing and luck does indeed take over.  I had a time where I had put the batteries at wrong amps.  I set 8.0A instead of 5.0A as I was on the wrong batteries.  I didn't have the battery balance wires connected as it had salt water and kept giving the wrong signal.  I was in a game and we took a base.  The game was Planetside 2.  If the other team didn't back off and we win, prob within 5 minutes the whole house would've burned down.  I had 2 batteries 5.0A 3S at 8.0A 3S.  They were super ballooned and caught fire outside.  Had other situations on the motorcycle that have been imminently avoided.  Other things in life too.
2020-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-23 01:48
I was going to full do it w/o a sim but someone I met in real-life talked me into it.  I was going to do many things w/o any learning but learning on the fly but that usually results in serious error.  Being limited in areas can obviously be a blessing and luck does indeed take over.  I had a time where I had put the batteries at wrong amps.  I set 8.0A instead of 5.0A as I was on the wrong batteries.  I didn't have the battery balance wires connected as it had salt water and kept giving the wrong signal.  I was in a game and we took a base.  The game was Planetside 2.  If the other team didn't back off and we win, prob within 5 minutes the whole house would've burned down.  I had 2 batteries 5.0A 3S at 8.0A 3S.  They were super ballooned and caught fire outside.  Had other situations on the motorcycle that have been imminently avoided.  Other things in life too.

The crashes got very frustrating, I wish I'd known about simulators back then.
2020-1-23
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 1-23 01:52
The crashes got very frustrating, I wish I'd known about simulators back then.

You can just get the RF-X with Interlink controller to start.  I was crashing my RCs way back not because of pilot error but because of mechanical issues.  I was flying my foam aircraft beyond the limits that the wings All broke off in flight while turning.  Even breaking the carbon spar in half.
2020-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

AntDX316 Posted at 1-23 01:57
You can just get the RF-X with Interlink controller to start.  I was crashing my RCs way back not because of pilot error but because of mechanical issues.  I was flying my foam aircraft beyond the limits that the wings All broke off in flight while turning.  Even breaking the carbon spar in half.

thanks I'll look into that.
2020-1-23
Use props
estes53
lvl.1

United States

Does anyone know if there is another flight simulator, besides DJI, that can be used with a phantom controller?

I got such a good deal on a pro+ controller that I bought it without having a drone yet.

It may be a month or two before I get one and would like to learn the controller in the meantime.

Thanx, Alan
2020-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules