Number of propellers provided when buying replacements
1332 12 2020-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
simplesimon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 142841 ft
Canada

I asked DJI how many propellers are provided when buying them as extras from their store listing.

I specifically mentioned that I was confused by the picture showing 8 individual propellers, (a full drone's worth), while the description says the box contains Propeller (pair) x 2, which to me would imply a total of 4 individual propellers.

The answer I got back stated;

I'm sorry for the confusion that this has caused you. However, due to the new design of the Mavic Mini's propellers which is split up into two but counted as one if screwed in to the motor. The picture on the website is designed to better understand by our customers if they own a Mavic Mini. The picture shows one set of propellers that can be attached to the drone without a remaining spare.

The Mavic Mini Propellers contains 8 propellers in total but it is counted as 1 set. Each motor needs 2 propellers since this is a split type propellers.

With no disrespect intended for the answer, I understand the concept of propellers being mounted in matched pairs, but I'm still unclear as to how many are included when purchasing.

Does anyone know from experience the actual amount?
2020-1-23
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

I'm sure DJI sells 1 full set (8 propellers), but discription is realy confusing for me too  "Propeller (pair) ×2"
2020-1-23
Use props
GreenDayPR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 517087 ft
United States

I think they provide 4 props per package.
2020-1-23
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Our local dealer sells complete set with 4 spare screws...
2020-1-23
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Canada

virtual Posted at 1-23 10:27
Our local dealer sells complete set with 4 spare screws...
[view_image]

I've just re-asked DJI customer support for clarification.
2020-1-23
Use props
TDZHDTV
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2068550 ft
United Kingdom

One complete set, so 8 props in total, remember they are matched pairs and designed for specific motors (look for the dash on the prop and motor arm).
2020-1-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. The term used which is "  Propeller (pair) x 2 " is for the two pairs for the front arms and two pairs for the rear arms. As virtual posted at post 4 these propellers are enough to replace the propellers on 4 motors. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.
2020-1-23
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Canada

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-23 11:12
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this query. The term used which is "  Propeller (pair) x 2 " is for the two pairs for the front arms and two pairs for the rear arms. As virtual posted at post 4 these propellers are enough to replace the propellers on 4 motors. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.

Ok, now I understand!

Thank you very much.
2020-1-23
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

simplesimon Posted at 1-23 11:19
Ok, now I understand!

Thank you very much.

You are more than welcome. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are here to help. Thank you.
2020-1-23
Use props
Donsir_LTU
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1043940 ft
Lithuania

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-23 18:14
DJI propellers are typically sold in sets of two (one clockwise, one anti clockwise).  The description indicates Mini propeller sets are sold the same way so you will need two sets to replace all the blades.

Now I understood Thanks
2020-1-24
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Canada

Dirty Bird Posted at 1-23 18:14
DJI propellers are typically sold in sets of two (one clockwise, one anti clockwise).  The description indicates Mini propeller sets are sold the same way so you will need two sets to replace all the blades.

This response does not agree with the information provided by the Moderator.
2020-1-24
Use props
Denny-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 899875 ft
Germany

Its a full set for 4 motors. I marked the screw holes.
2020-1-24
Use props
simplesimon
lvl.4
Canada

Denny-R Posted at 1-24 06:24
[view_image]

Its a full set for 4 motors. I marked the screw holes.

Ok, that answers the question beyond a shadow of a doubt.  Thanks!
2020-1-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules