825 8 2020-1-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Particularly for new Mini Users, most of this will be applicable to both Newbies and enthusiasts, hope it helps creat some awareness.
Many reports of mini not preforming in temperatures below those recommended  in your manual .
Operating temperature: 0" to 40" C (32" to 104" F)
Problems to look for:
1/ changes in altitude
2/Jello and shaky footage
3/ Craft suddenly falling from the sky

I think it's fine to fly within recommendations , but keep a close eye on how craft is preforming .

Ensure batteries are fully charged: Some drone batteries include technology that automatically discharges battery power after a certain period of inactivity. This maintenance feature helps extend the battery life, but if you haven’t flown for a few weeks it can be easy to forget that your batteries may no longer be at the levels you expect. Before you head out the door, take a minute to verify that your batteries are fully charged.

Minimize heavy control inputs: Flying at high speeds or at full throttle requires a heavy current from the battery and can cause a sudden voltage drop. Avoiding full throttle, especially during the first few minutes of your flight, and minimizing heavy control inputs will help extend the flight time.

Avoid draining the battery: Under normal weather conditions, maxing out the flight time and flying to a low battery level is common. But when you’re flying in cold weather, completely draining the battery can be risky. Fly until the battery drops to 30-40 percent capacity, and then bring the drone back down. Pack a few spare batteries if you know you’ll need a lot of time in the air.
Bring a portable charger for your mobile device: Many popular drones stream live video to a mobile device on the controller. Remember that the battery in this device will also be impacted by cold weather. You may want to purchase a small portable charger to power up your mobile device if needed.

2020-1-23
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

All great tips and reminders.  Thanks for sharing.
2020-1-23
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Also worth getting the free app UAVForecast, is you can check wether its safe to fly,  it covers more than a regular forecast.
2020-1-24
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

DAFlys Posted at 1-24 00:47
Also worth getting the free app UAVForecast, is you can check wether its safe to fly,  it covers more than a regular forecast.

Yes UAV can be used and I use it myself, but I have seen it wrong many times so best to use combination of UAV and how you see it and feel it yourself, once you put the craft up in the air you and you alone are responsible.

UAV yes .
2020-1-24
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the tips!
2020-1-24
Use props
Gray Volk
lvl.2
United States

UAVForecast is sort of black box. Its source of info... isn't perfect for the whole planet. I'm using wind speed meter and weather forecast app on my phone. App gives more like windspeed at some altitude, which is very helpful. And as usual, don't fly if in doubt.
2020-1-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 1-24 06:02
Yes UAV can be used and I use it myself, but I have seen it wrong many times so best to use combination of UAV and how you see it and feel it yourself, once you put the craft up in the air you and you alone are responsible.

UAV yes .

Its handy because you can set the height and see the differences as altitude changes.
2020-1-25
Use props
red squirrel
Second Officer
Flight distance : 55610 ft
United States

Thanks for the tips!
2020-1-25
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day hallmark007. Thank you for sharing these information and for this video you have posted. This is tips are great and informative for all of us drone enthusiast. Again thank you for your valued support and have a safe flight always.
2020-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules