753 5 2020-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
khew88
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20935 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All, Newbie here.
I have been eyeing up drones for a while now and decided to make a commitment to buy a decent drone rather than the ones you see in stores like MenKind.

Not sure if I am doing something wrong or if this is not supported. When i was familiarising myself with the drone i tried it in both the Wired and Wi-Fi configuration. When i packed the drone away after using it Wi-Fi i then went and used it again wired, however this time the drone would not react to the controller. Does the DJI Go 4 App not detect that the phone is connected to the controller and automatically revert to the wired configuration?

Thanks
K

2020-1-24
Use props
slup
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1607103 ft
Sweden

No it doesn't, you have to pair/connect the RC with the AC again.
2020-1-24
Use props
khew88
lvl.3
United Kingdom

Thanks! I was a bit lost as i was trying to fly it and the sticks were unresponsive so i panicked a little. Now that i know i will factor it in to my pre-flight prep!
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help and thank you for your valued support.
2020-1-24
Use props
oxid8ter
lvl.3
United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-24 08:53
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. I am happy to know that your previous trouble was resolved. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help and thank you for your valued support.

Could this be raised as a feature request potentially? So that the drone can remember both control methods and then connect using the most suitable - e.g. If connected on Wi-Fi and then plugged to controller, switch to controller mode. If on controller mode and controller is unplugged, switch to wifi mode.
2020-1-31
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for the additional information. For safety purposes the switching between the mobile device WiFi and remote controller needs to be done manually, to ensure that drone will have less interference  and the drone will not switch connection between mobile device to remote controller during flight. I will forward this information to our designated DJI support team for further evaluation. Thank you.
2020-1-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules