735 10 2020-1-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone1234
lvl.3
Flight distance : 28048 ft
  • >>>
United States

The magnets in my folding phone sun hood/shade screw with the compass on my iPhone. It also seems to make the orientation indicator in the DJI Fly app show incorrectly. Any one else notice this ?
2020-1-24
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Is this the DJI-supplied hood?

I have a cardboard box mounted to one of those aluminum tablet/phone holder gadgets that I've been using as a sun shade.  The only problem is that it's hard to reach down into it to touch the screen if I need to use any of those on-screen controls.  Hmm.  Back to the drawing board!

Fortunately, I've got an endless supply of cardboard boxes from Amazon, and a lot more duct tape on hand!  ;)
2020-1-24
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-24 20:39
Is this the DJI-supplied hood?

I have a cardboard box mounted to one of those aluminum tablet/phone holder gadgets that I've been using as a sun shade.  The only problem is that it's hard to reach down into it to touch the screen if I need to use any of those on-screen controls.  Hmm.  Back to the drawing board!

It's a PGYTECH.
2020-1-24
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Shame on them for designing such a stupid feature into their product. What designer in their right mind puts magnets in their product?

"Fortunately, I've got an endless supply of cardboard boxes from Amazon, and a lot more duct tape on hand!  ;)"

That's the way to go.....
2020-1-24
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If you place a magnet (or a large enough piece of steel close to a compass, it will deflect the compass.
Get rid of those magnets if you want the compass in your tablet to work properly.
2020-1-24
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 1-24 21:12
Shame on them for designing such a stupid feature into their product. What designer in their right mind puts magnets in their product?

"Fortunately, I've got an endless supply of cardboard boxes from Amazon, and a lot more duct tape on hand!  ;)"

Yeah I was surprised also....PGYTECH makes some good products. I've had it for a couple weeks so I doubt I can return it. Maybe I can cut out the magnets.
2020-1-24
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

So, is it this one?:

https://store.dji.com/product/pg ... esult-v2&position=5

If so, it's being sold on the DJI site.  Shame on THEM for selling a device that causes this magnetic interference!
2020-1-24
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-24 22:11
So, is it this one?:

https://store.dji.com/product/pg ... esult-v2&position=5

Yep that's it. I realized I got it from amazon so I can return it.
2020-1-24
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Drone1234 Posted at 1-24 22:19
Yep that's it. I realized I got it from amazon so I can return it.

It's interesting that DJI themselves are selling it.  Good to know that it's not what I might want!  I was thinking it might be better than my cardboard box contraption, but it looks like it really isn't!  Your post saved me from ordering one.

Back to the box-project!  
2020-1-24
Use props
Drone1234
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Sigmo Posted at 1-24 22:22
It's interesting that DJI themselves are selling it.  Good to know that it's not what I might want!  I was thinking it might be better than my cardboard box contraption, but it looks like it really isn't!  Your post saved me from ordering one.

Back to the box-project!

I ordered one of these instead
https://www.amazon.com/Monitor-S ... mp;sr=8-10&th=1
2020-1-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Drone1234. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for sharing these information with us. Just a reminder that DJI do not recommend you to use a 3rd party accessories on when flying your DJI Mavic Mini and when using the DJI Fly application. There is a possibility that this accessory will work, however, since it's not yet tested by DJI we cannot guaranteed the reliability of the said accessory when in use. In addition using 3rd party accessories might cause damage or harm on the DJI Mavic Mini while being operated or on flight and can void the warranty as well. Thank you for your understanding and fly safe always.
2020-1-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules