Speed ....
737 3 2020-1-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tino V.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153904 ft
Belgium

I've read already many threads and keep learning all the time about my little toy.

However, I still have a few questions :

- can the Mini fly as quick forwards as backwards, left or right ?   In other words, suppose I want to fly home as quick as possible, do I need to point the camera towards me ?

- suppose I did lose connection and the Mini is in RTH  mode and AC is facing me.  I know that Mini is using P-mode speed to return to home, but can I push the right-stick forward and speed up flying or do I have to cancel RTH, put it in S-mode and fly it myself ?

Thank you for your time and kind regards,

Tino
2020-1-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just push even in p mode it can reach speed of up to 13m/s

And yes it flys same speed fwd back left right, some dji craft with obstacle avoidance fly slightly slower backwards because of pitch .
2020-1-30
Use props
Tino V.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 153904 ft
Belgium

hallmark007 Posted at 1-30 05:39
Just push even in p mode it can reach speed of up to 13m/s

And yes it flys same speed fwd back left right, some dji craft with obstacle avoidance fly slightly slower backwards because of pitch .

thank you

just found your thread on 'wind test'  
2020-1-30
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to these query, The DJI Mavic Mini will move at the same speed when flying forward, backward and left to right. For the RTH query, once the drone disconnects from the the remote controller it will initiate the Fail Safe RTH which will guides the drone at 8 m/s towards the home point. Once reconnected you can cancel the RTH and manually fly the drone towards you in S mode. In addition, I will be posting an image for more details about the RTH procedure. Thank you.

2020-1-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules