12Next >
2845 52 2020-2-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Does anyone have a log to show VPS altitude is recorded more than 10m from a surface below? In analyzing my own log I found it does not have any data above 10m over a surface. Strange because the manual says vps works ups to 30m. Thanks!
2020-2-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Take a look at the Mini specs on the DJI web saite, it says there that the downward sensor range is 0.5 to 10M.
2020-2-4
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2-4 21:49
Take a look at the Mini specs on the DJI web saite, it says there that the downward sensor range is 0.5 to 10M.

True. But the manual says "operating range is 0.5 to 30m" on page 15 under the title detection field. 0.5 to 10m is the optimal range but the VPS should still put out a reading beyond 10m according to the manual.
2020-2-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Guorium Posted at 2-5 01:44
True. But the manual says "operating range is 0.5 to 30m" on page 15 under the title detection field. 0.5 to 10m is the optimal range but the VPS should still put out a reading beyond 10m according to the manual.

Hi,

if i remember correct, there is a difference in VPS vision and VPS height.
Vision is used for hovering, height just for measurement.

AFAIK ; measuring range is lower than vision range.

cheers
JJB
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

JJB* Posted at 2-5 02:03
Hi,

if i remember correct, there is a difference in VPS vision and VPS height.

That actually makes good sense. From my understanding of IR sensor modules, they do not operate beyond 15m or so.  IR sensor is just helping indoor altitude stability and outdoor (when it is low enough). The manual did not really make the clear distinction of the IR and camera part with the specs which confused me. Thanks.
Do you know why VPS height comes on an off in this analysis you did for me?

Capture.JPG
2020-2-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Guorium Posted at 2-5 03:42
That actually makes good sense. From my understanding of IR sensor modules, they do not operate beyond 15m or so.  IR sensor is just helping indoor altitude stability and outdoor (when it is low enough). The manual did not really make the clear distinction of the IR and camera part with the specs which confused me. Thanks.
Do you know why VPS height comes on an off in this analysis you did for me?

Hi Guorium,

if within VPS range but when the signals are not returning to the receiving sensor ; zero values.
Flying above streaming water it is hard to get a good signal back, or above wet grass, snow etc.

cheers
JJB
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

JJB* Posted at 2-5 04:12
Hi Guorium,

if within VPS range but when the signals are not returning to the receiving sensor ; zero values.

That is a bit strange then. See before the red XY speed trace kicks up the drone was at one spot just doing slow left yaw and descend. Over steaming but very clear water wich clear patterns in the bottom. As soon as the descend became unwanted and dangerously fast the VPS ALT also started to come in abeit on and off. That on and off behavior is very odd. The horizontal location was not shifting during that time, only altitude dropping quite fast. I am really curious about what causes the 'on and off'. You also see the reading becomes continuous before the speed picks up,  I only increased the altitude there after almost touching water. But whatever happened there changed the reception of signal.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m not sure what manual your reading  but it’s wrong.

2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 05:03

[view_image]

2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 05:03

[view_image]

The same manual you took a picture of and if you have grown a pair on your face you would see just above the "Using the Vision System" it quotes 0.5 to 30m. But you are selectively blind so whatever. I got my answer already.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 05:10
The same manual you took a picture of and if you have grown a pair on your face you would see just above the "Using the Vision System" it quotes 0.5 to 30m. But you are selectively blind so whatever. I got my answer already.

no It was you who are the fool read exactly what it says regarding how vps works .
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 05:10
The same manual you took a picture of and if you have grown a pair on your face you would see just above the "Using the Vision System" it quotes 0.5 to 30m. But you are selectively blind so whatever. I got my answer already.

It wasn’t vps that failed it was the stupid pilot who couldn’t read the manual .
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 05:19
It wasn’t vps that failed it was the stupid pilot who couldn’t read the manual .

Did you just miss the bit called "Detection field" which I clearly pointed out in a previous reply? It was just right above where your screenshot deliberately got cut off for nefarious reason? See it here?
OMG you... I do not know if you are an innocent fool or insidious schemer, but you sir are one funny clown for sure. Thank you for making me laugh. Made my day. Hats off to you! Bahhahahaha
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 05:30
Did you just miss the bit called "Detection field" which I clearly pointed out in a previous reply? It was just right above where your screenshot deliberately got cut off? See it here?[view_image]
OMG you... I do not know if you are an innocent fool or insidious schemer, but you sir are one funny clown for sure. Thank you for making me laugh. Made my day. Hats off to you!

Your being an idiot now that has nothing to do with your problem and won’t solve anything read all the manual not the bits that suit you, you are after all a high flying engineer so it’s strange you have so much difficulty for such an experienced flyer you having a Tello and all, chickens coming home to roost now .
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 05:34
Your being an idiot now that has nothing to do with your problem and won’t solve anything read all the manual not the bits that suit you, you are after all a high flying engineer so it’s strange you have so much difficulty for such an experienced flyer you having a Tello and all, chickens coming home to roost now .

Whatever floats your goat m8. I got my answer and you cannot do jack $hit about it because truth is truth no matter how much BS you have to divert from it. You cannot win or cover up your plain stupidity so you say it is irrelevant. Ok that is fresh I suppose. What else have you got? My tello? I am experienced? My chicken roosting on your pair-less face? That is some military-grade gobbledygook you got there. Oh, wait. How about you fix your English now? What's with this fifth-grade writing? Mummy forgot to turn your internet off?
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 05:47
Whatever floats your goat m8. I got my answer and you cannot do jack $hit about it because truth is truth no matter how much BS you have to divert from it. You cannot win or cover up your plain stupidity so you say it is irrelevant. Ok that is fresh I suppose. What else have you got? My tello? I am experienced? My chicken roosting on your pair-less face? That is some military-grade gobbledygook you got there. Oh, wait. How about you fix your English now? What's with this fifth-grade writing? Mummy forgot to turn your internet off?

Hey idiot I’m not English , they may still rule you but we got rid of them a long time ago, maybe you’d like to continue the conversation in Gaelic.

Maybe you should contact dji and let them know that it’s ok to fly over water as long as it’s clean, because that’s the best laugh I’ve had since joining this forum,
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 05:56
Hey idiot I’m not English , they may still rule you but we got rid of them a long time ago, maybe you’d like to continue the conversation in Gaelic.

Well DJI certainly will say no. But as someone who knows what a vision-based speed control is (VPS) and its working principles, I can tell you at suitable height and visibility of the bottom pattern, downward camera of tello which is the identical camera used in mini can give a steady position lock. Tested many times by me over lakes, rivers and wavey oceans. Why? Shallow water is clear, my Scottish genius.  Clear like your Scotch.
Good luck communicating with Gaelic here. Would be pitiful if you do since I will not find that amusing anymore.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 06:10
Well DJI certainly will say no. But as someone who knows what a vision-based speed control is (VPS) and its working principles, I can tell you at suitable height and visibility of the bottom pattern, downward camera of tello which is the identical camera used in mini can give a steady position lock. Tested many times by me over lakes, rivers and wavey oceans. Why? Shallow water is clear, my Scottish genius.  Clear like your Scotch.
Good luck communicating with Gaelic here. Would be pitiful if you do since I will not find that amusing anymore.

Right same vps sensor with tello as mini , so how do you figure tello vps sensor has limit of 6m, are you still making up stuff as you go along?

The reason why vps gets confused over water is because of the movement in the water, but for you it’s not a problem, and reason it’s mentioned in the manual according to you is wrong, so maybe dji wanted to catch you out.

You need to go back and look at your conflicting comments, first you can’t believe it’s VPS and you don’t understand how vps works, then it barometer because , well you give no good reason except to say that’s what dji told you , it looks like your learning as you go, one step forward two back .
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

There you go , IMU with barometer who would have thought

2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Again you’ll see they’re called AltIMU they dont go by any other name.
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 06:51
There you go , IMU with barometer who would have thought

[view_image]

Who cares. That is not on the mini. You cannot even find the barometer on the mini. Guess what? I found it and I had to PM the person you refused to help because you closed your thread. You called me a troll. Ok so there is a troll in your thread and you mentally cannot cope to 'help' those in need anymore? Are you really here to help people?
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 06:28
Right same vps sensor with tello as mini , so how do you figure tello vps sensor has limit of 6m, are you still making up stuff as you go along?

The reason why vps gets confused over water is because of the movement in the water, but for you it’s not a problem, and reason it’s mentioned in the manual according to you is wrong, so maybe dji wanted to catch you out.

Of cause I am learning. That is what I do here. Just not learning the stuff you say I was learning though. Barometer and VPS? Basic stuff. You don't even know how they work. What signal does the barometer relay? What is the mathematical model VPS is based on? You have no idea. You look like a fool trying to talk smart here. But instead just making everyone laugh. Hey Captain Hallmark! Stop showing people irrelevant IMU modules and go find that barometer on an actual DJI mini first before you talk $hit about it.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 06:58
Who cares. That is not on the mini. You cannot even find the barometer on the mini. Guess what? I found it and I had to PM the person you refused to help because you closed your thread. You called me a troll. Ok so there is a troll in your thread and you mentally cannot cope to 'help' those in need anymore? Are you really here to help people?

As you said IMUs don’t come with barometres, your a joke , maybe you need more posted just to continue to prove you wrong.
I did contact ChrisU by PM earlier, I would rather have been able to explain to him on the thread, but you saw to it that wouldn’t be possible, because you thought you knew more than everybody else, now I’ll post another photo of what a typical person who is building drones is looking for on an IMU and you will see because you know everything , that it includes barometers,magnetometers,gyros, accelerometers etc .

2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 07:10
As you said IMUs don’t come with barometres, your a joke , maybe you need more posted just to continue to prove you wrong.
I did contact ChrisU by PM earlier, I would rather have been able to explain to him on the thread, but you saw to it that wouldn’t be possible, because you thought you knew more than everybody else, now I’ll post another photo of what a typical person who is building drones is looking for on an IMU and you will see because you know everything , that it includes barometers,magnetometers,gyros, accelerometers etc .

Don't care. Not on the mini. And this part of the forum is for the mini. Remove yourself til you wanna talk about the mini please. I did not say IMU must not have barometer. I said mini's imu does not have barometer on it, they are not even a standalone module on mini. Post more pictures, whatever, it shows your stupidity more. Posting about building drones on a DJI forum... Are you bloody kidding me? My knowledge level isn't beating everyone, it is just beating you which does not have to be a very high level.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 07:10
Of cause I am learning. That is what I do here. Just not learning the stuff you say I was learning though. Barometer and VPS? Basic stuff. You don't even know how they work. What signal does the barometer relay? What is the mathematical model VPS is based on? You have no idea. You look like a fool trying to talk smart here. But instead just making everyone laugh. Hey Captain Hallmark! Stop showing people irrelevant IMU modules and go find that barometer on an actual DJI mini first before you talk $hit about it.

Well you said over in my thread that it wasn’t possible, an IMU with barometers, got that wrong, but one lesson I’ll give you, if your flying and you lose gps and wonder why craft is still holding its altitude firm, well that’s why you have a IMU with barometers accelerometers gyros and magnetometers, but while you think this is not necessary just stand under it and try catching it .
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 07:20
Don't care. Not on the mini. And this part of the forum is for the mini. Remove yourself til you wanna talk about the mini please. I did not say IMU must not have barometer. I said mini's imu does not have barometer on it, they are not even a standalone module on mini. Post more pictures, whatever, it shows your stupidity more. Posting about building drones on a DJI forum... Are you bloody kidding me? My knowledge level isn't beating everyone, it is just beating you which does not have to be a very high level.

What your talking about is rubbish, maybe explain how craft holds in the air when it looses gps and is out of range of VPS , cmon tell us know all how does it stay in the air .?
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Don't care. Not on the mini. And this part of the forum is for the mini. Remove yourself til you wanna talk about the mini please. I did not say IMU must not have barometer. I said mini's imu does not have barometer on it, they are not even a standalone module on mini. Post more pictures, whatever, it shows your stupidity more. Posting about building drones on a DJI forum... Are you bloody kidding me? My knowledge level isn't beating everyone, it is just beating you which does not have to be a very high level.

An IMU needs a barometer as does a barometer need an IMU in all dji UAV and it doesn’t matter where on a board it is so long as they work together IMU with barometers .
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 07:25
What your talking about is rubbish, maybe explain how craft holds in the air when it looses gps and is out of range of VPS , cmon tell us know all how does it stay in the air .?

Because somewhere on the mini there is a barometer Scotty. The barometer tells the flight controller the altitude and the flight controller keeps the altitude unchanged by adjusting throttle on all motors via the 4-in-1 ESC board beneath the GPS module. Where ever it is, it is not on the imaginary IMU+barometer module you keep selling here. You cannot even locate the barometer on the board of Mini. Get good or get wrecked. Cheerio.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

My thread had nothing to do with where an IMU was, but that’s the angle you thought you’d come at it from, but for what what did you prove except your a di*k,
My thread was simply about the shielding of the sensors and badly shielded barometer causes involuntary up and down movements, just like badly shielded compass can cause compass to come into contact with interference.

I know exactly what barometers do in a drone as I do IMU and gyros and magnetometers and accelerometers.
Maybe you should learn instead of jumping on others with ridiculous arguments that had nothing to do with the thread I posted.
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 07:28
An IMU needs a barometer as does a barometer need an IMU in all dji UAV and it doesn’t matter where on a board it is so long as they work together IMU with barometers .

Not sure about that. Didn't you quote the IMS wiki page that said IMS MAY have a supplementary barometer and magnetometer? Since when it became NEED. You slapping yourself? See? Again, cannot win the argument so you say it is irrelevant. What a weasel.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 07:33
Because somewhere on the mini there is a barometer Scotty. The barometer tells the flight controller the altitude and the flight controller keeps the altitude unchanged by adjusting throttle on all motors via the 4-in-1 ESC board beneath the GPS module. Where ever it is, it is not on the imaginary IMU+barometer module you keep selling here. You cannot even locate the barometer on the board of Mini. Get good or get wrecked. Cheerio.

Hey what you have just written there is complete rubbish of the highest order , but I noticed you forgot to answer the question, what keeps your drone in the air at same altitude and attitude when gps is lost .
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 07:37
Not sure about that. Didn't you quote the IMS wiki page that said IMS MAY have a supplementary barometer and magnetometer? Since when it became NEED. You slapping yourself? See? Again, cannot win the argument so you say it is irrelevant. What a weasel.

Here idiot here’s a screenshot from my ops manual, it might explain something to your seriously lacking, for an engineer I’m appalled.

2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 07:35
My thread had nothing to do with where an IMU was, but that’s the angle you thought you’d come at it from, but for what what did you prove except your a di*k,
My thread was simply about the shielding of the sensors and badly shielded barometer causes involuntary up and down movements, just like badly shielded compass can cause compass to come into contact with interference.

Takes one to know one.

I totally agree with this video. What is the beef then?  But the video came out well after I stated the very same theory based on the detailed analysis of my "bad flying nothing more" flight. Your post came out even after that video. Who knew if you borrowed my ideas after reading my thread. We can never tell. If you did, your conscience should ask you to properly cite the sources you are borrowing from.
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 07:44
Here idiot here’s a screenshot from my ops manual, it might explain something to your seriously lacking, for an engineer I’m appalled.

[view_image][view_image]

Ooof. I just tiggered some old nugget who holds their yellowed manual like it is the law of the universe or somethings. Look. TLR. That thing you try to sell is not on the mini and I told you exactly what keeps the craft up when gps is lost. Not my issue when you are selectively blind.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 07:55
Ooof. I just tiggered some old nugget who holds their yellowed manual like it is the law of the universe or somethings. Look. TLR. That thing you try to sell is not on the mini and I told you exactly what keeps the craft up when gps is lost. Not my issue when you are selectively blind.

So think about why now you need a barometre, you haven’t a clue do you, just spend your time quoting wiki and telling all your an engineer, your a ridiculous excuse for a fool, incidentally that video was posted on my thread, but your rush to trash it you missed it.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 07:33
Because somewhere on the mini there is a barometer Scotty. The barometer tells the flight controller the altitude and the flight controller keeps the altitude unchanged by adjusting throttle on all motors via the 4-in-1 ESC board beneath the GPS module. Where ever it is, it is not on the imaginary IMU+barometer module you keep selling here. You cannot even locate the barometer on the board of Mini. Get good or get wrecked. Cheerio.

Crock of sh*t, so I see from what you wrote IMU not needed.

SO HERE WE HAVE THE IDIOT WHO TELLS US THAT YOUR CRAFT STAYS HOLDING ITS ATTITUDE AND ALTITUDE WITHOUT THE USE OF AN IMU, THE IDIOT IS RIDICULOUS.
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 08:02
Crock of sh*t, so I see from what you wrote IMU not needed.

SO HERE WE HAVE THE IDIOT WHO TELLS US THAT YOUR CRAFT STAYS HOLDING ITS ATTITUDE AND ALTITUDE WITHOUT THE USE OF AN IMU, THE IDIOT IS RIDICULOUS.

Actually it stays up because of the motors and the props too. Interesting. Give me that manual I wanna wipe my ass with it. Looks like it is written for simpletons like you.
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 08:06
Actually it stays up because of the motors and the props too. Interesting. Give me that manual I wanna wipe my ass with it. Looks like it is written for simpletons like you.

YEAH BUT THE FUNNIEST THING IS YOU CLAIM IT WILL STAY UP AND MAINTAIN ALTITUDE AND ATTITUDE WITHOUT IMU .
THATS NUTS, NO WONDER YOU HAVE HAD WAY MORE PROBLEMS WITH THESE LITTLE DRONES LMAO....
2020-2-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Guorium Posted at 2-5 08:06

You got found out badly, wiki copy and paste is great, but if you don’t know what it means, don’t post it, it just makes you look like your all mouth and no trousers, of course that is if your a bloke, if not your all fur coat and no knickers .....
2020-2-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

hallmark007 Posted at 2-5 08:10
YEAH BUT THE FUNNIEST THING IS YOU CLAIM IT WILL STAY UP AND MAINTAIN ALTITUDE AND ATTITUDE WITHOUT IMU .
THATS NUTS, NO WONDER YOU HAVE HAD WAY MORE PROBLEMS WITH THESE LITTLE DRONES LMAO....

Ok so If I am wrong. My mini still has IMU which keeps it afloat. So there should be no problem huh? Gosh, you slapping yourself in the face again... Quality comedy.
2020-2-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules