My P4 PRO stopped working and fell into a river!
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
André Costa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1786033 ft
Portugal

I was working with my Phantom 4 PRO Obsidian and the aircarft simply shuted down while flying with still 20% battery, it was 170m away from me and 50m height and just fell into a river and i couldn't get it back!
I've sent all the possible data and flight logs to DJI, and now they say they couldn't find the root cause for the incident! For me, if they couldn't find the the cause, they should assume the responsability of the incident. How about if i wasn't flying over a river and the drone fell over someone or a car for example?

I wasn't flying in a red area, there was no wind warnings and also no interferences during all the flight, i was flying in an open area and when i was coming back to the home point it just shuted down and fell into the Douro river. The aircraft is still under warranty and now DJI doesn't want to replace me with a new drone, instead, they want to give me a 30% discount for a new aircraft...what a joke!

Does anyone faced the same problem? What should i do? The aircraft is still under warranty and there was no malfunction until it stopped working on his way back to the homepoint controlled by me.

I look forward for some help and comments on this situation!

best regards,
André
2020-2-5
Use props
Mark The Droner
First Officer
Flight distance : 2917 ft
United States

I think you should take the discount, double-check your battery insertion before flight, and stay away from the river.  MHO

Good luck
2020-2-5
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

30% is better than nothing.  I would take it and not waste time fighting a losing battle.
2020-2-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Try uploading your log here - https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
2020-2-6
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

DAFlys Posted at 2-6 00:28
Try uploading your log here - https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

He already did in his other thread on the same topic.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... D559%26typeid%3D559
2020-2-6
Use props
André Costa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1786033 ft
Portugal

ALABAMA Posted at 2-5 15:13
30% is better than nothing.  I would take it and not waste time fighting a losing battle.

why do you say it is a losing battle?
2020-2-6
Use props
ALABAMA
First Officer
Flight distance : 10442687 ft
United States

I think Labroides explained it very well in your other thread.  It"is just a case of bad luck that that your drone fell into the river and can't be retrieved.  If you had been able to send it back to DJI showing  arcing marks, or any other mechanical failure, I'm sure DJI would have taken that into consideration.  I know these are very expensive pieces of equipment, and I feel bad for you that this happened.  At least you can get almost  a third of the cost back by accepting their offer.
2020-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules