2787 10 2020-2-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Zhiran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1061115 ft
Iraq

Hey DJI,

I have a problem with my current fpv drone which I lose video signal all of the sudden even in close range and medium range. It is been a month I contacted DJI support and they are still asking me random questions. I connected the air unit to the 9v power source on the flight controller. the problem is the video feed just blackout.
Here a picture of my setup: "I did more cable management, don't judge me"

20200121_220239.jpg

Thank you for your recommendation and help.
2020-2-6
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

It says your location is Iraq.  There must be a lot of military-level jamming going on there so it is to be expected.
2020-2-6
Use props
Kreeze
lvl.4

United States

Could be your 9v power source isn't reliable enough. You could look into adding a capacitor. Here's a video about it: youtube.com/watch?v=6FQbWWaEHxU
2020-2-6
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Iraq

AntDX316 Posted at 2-6 18:45
It says your location is Iraq.  There must be a lot of military-level jamming going on there so it is to be expected.

I am sure there are more military level jamming in your whatever country is than my home town. I live in the north part of Iraq which is a totally different place we don't have any military activities.
2020-2-7
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Iraq

Kreeze Posted at 2-6 19:39
Could be your 9v power source isn't reliable enough. You could look into adding a capacitor. Here's a video about it: youtube.com/watch?v=6FQbWWaEHxU

I thought the capacitor is required for 6s batteries, while I use 4s battery I didn't install the capacitor but I will connect the air unit to the battery directly.
2020-2-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Zhiran Posted at 2-7 03:33
I am sure there are more military level jamming in your whatever country is than my home town. I live in the north part of Iraq which is a totally different place we don't have any military activities.

Well if you are in between military operations going on and the feed has to be solid, they will send like 50000W to keep the link as strong as possible stomping on all the signals within a certain band.
2020-2-7
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Iraq

AntDX316 Posted at 2-7 04:03
Well if you are in between military operations going on and the feed has to be solid, they will send like 50000W to keep the link as strong as possible stomping on all the signals within a certain band.
It been three years I am flying p4p without any range problem. This doesn't has anything with military. Thank you
2020-2-7
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Zhiran Posted at 2-7 04:12
It been three years I am flying p4p without any range problem. This doesn't has anything with military. Thank you

They just started operations in your area but probably left so it won't happen again.
2020-2-7
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Were you recording on the air unit?  Is your air unit SD card fast enough?   This can cause video shut offs.  Try flying without an SD card in the air unit.
2020-2-7
Use props
Zhiran
lvl.2
Iraq

mc54 Posted at 2-7 09:32
Were you recording on the air unit?  Is your air unit SD card fast enough?   This can cause video shut offs.  Try flying without an SD card in the air unit.

Yeah, I was recording on both the air unit and the goggle, next time I will not put an sd card to the air unit and see what happens!
2020-2-8
Use props
djiuser_FWIYR3Ljq4jj
New

United States

Zhiran Posted at 2020-2-7 03:34
I thought the capacitor is required for 6s batteries, while I use 4s battery I didn't install the capacitor but I will connect the air unit to the battery directly.

you can do this as long as you dont use a 6s battery, youll fry it.
2023-2-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules