621 7 2020-2-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
theinfinate79
lvl.2
Flight distance : 405344 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi guys, i was flying my air through trees to come over a fast moving water section probably around 4m higher than the water.  As soon as the drone was above the water, a red light came on and it started slowly descending, luckily i pulled it back in time.  It nearly hit a tree but all good i just cleared it.  I didnt see the red light at first, it just wanted to go down, i thumbed up to ascend but it didnt want to go up at all.  It was 80 percent battery so wasnt anything to do with RTH.  I didnt even have home point as i could connect to sattelites being under the tree canopy.  I would never fly with VPS off so i wasnt game to do that.  Any suggestions what i did wrong?
2020-2-7
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hiya,

if you want some help, a flightlog posted on here is needed, use this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

cheers
JJB
2020-2-8
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I hope that the silly person who downvoted post #2 feels good about it.
Guess helping others is against your good attitude...

cheers
JJB
2020-2-8
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We're glad to know that there is no incident happen to your DJI Mavic Air as you had managed to take it away from the possible incident. You should fly at low speed in your FOV (field of view) if you turn off the Vision Positioning System(VPS) also the height needs to be adjusted frequently since the aircraft could possibly drift downwards. We also highly recommend updating your Home point manually if you are flying over water or even inland. In addition to this, Many obstacles can endanger your journey over water, be sure to avoid trees, rocks, or any other natural structures nearby also These include large objects like lighthouses and container ships or any device that uses antennas, magnets, or Wi-Fi since it may cause disconnection on both RC and Aircraft. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!
2020-2-8
Use props
theinfinate79
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-8 14:32
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience caused. We're glad to know that there is no incident happen to your DJI Mavic Air as you had managed to take it away from the possible incident. You should fly at low speed in your FOV (field of view) if you turn off the Vision Positioning System(VPS) also the height needs to be adjusted frequently since the aircraft could possibly drift downwards. We also highly recommend updating your Home point manually if you are flying over water or even inland. In addition to this, Many obstacles can endanger your journey over water, be sure to avoid trees, rocks, or any other natural structures nearby also These include large objects like lighthouses and container ships or any device that uses antennas, magnets, or Wi-Fi since it may cause disconnection on both RC and Aircraft. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other inquiries or concerns. Thank you!

thanks for the response, I couldn't connect to satellites, I waited a few minutes but not one connected s I was under a thick tree canopy.  Therefore I couldn't manually adjust home point.  I was flying very low speed but got very concerned when the drone wouldnt ascend at all.  Why wouldnt my thumb overide any error?  I would never turn off VPS as i dont like flying with the drift.
2020-2-8
Use props
theinfinate79
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

JJB* Posted at 2-8 13:10

some people ey!
2020-2-8
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

JJB* Posted at 2-8 13:10

I gave you an upvote to compensate.
2020-2-8
Use props
theinfinate79
lvl.2
  • >>>
Australia

Geebax Posted at 2-8 15:41
I gave you an upvote to compensate.

haha thanks
2020-2-8