1305 6 2020-2-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
compunerd3
lvl.1
Flight distance : 73701 ft
Ireland

Hi all,
Anyone with a Mavic Pro Platinum get any bad noise and tiny flickers?
It's been happening in my videos for a while across multiple types of shots and I can't pinpoint it.

I only have 4hrs 16 mins of flying

I tried factory resetting everything, changed SD Card too along with software settings.

Here's the different settings I've tried:
DCinelike & DLOG + TRUECOLOR +1 Sharpness & 0 & -1 sharpness
DCinelike & DLOG + TRUECOLOR +1 Sharpness & 0 & -1 sharpness with NDFilters

4k 24fps + 4k 30fps
With NDFilter - ISO 50, shutter 1/50 + 1/60
Without NDFilter ISO 200 Shutter 1/200

Multiple Sample footage here:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1um8ID0cCYADXixhQ4wzfZp9mb_yhJ6xI
I'm seeing the noise on the middle left and middle right mostly.

It seems to be consistly in the same areas.

Can an admin check if I have warranty also? SN:08QCFA4P124F0N

2020-2-9
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

It looks like what one would expect given the time of year and the luminance flux  (how bright it is) for your location. Try and set shutter to 1/50, fps 25, ISO 100 - as the more exposure (signal) you can get on the camera capture chip the less granular noise. Also the Mavic Pro (1) / Platinum camera camera chip shows most noise in the greens - as is common with these types of capture chips - so for Ireland its a challenge! I tend to shoot a bit later in the year (April through to October in the UK)  to get as much light as possible.
2020-2-9
Use props
compunerd3
lvl.1
Ireland

Thanks for the advice, I mentioned in my post above that I did try the camera settings you suggested, lower ISO, higher ISO, also tried Auto, multiple shutter speeds and also ND filters. It's happening on any footage, green, sand, water, anything. It's been happening on footage I checked as far back as August also.
2020-2-9
Use props
Lamplighter55
Second Officer
Flight distance : 538596 ft
United Kingdom

compunerd3 Posted at 2-9 15:52
Thanks for the advice, I mentioned in my post above that I did try the camera settings you suggested, lower ISO, higher ISO, also tried Auto, multiple shutter speeds and also ND filters. It's happening on any footage, green, sand, water, anything. It's been happening on footage I checked as far back as August also.

Yup the camera has a bandwidth limit in order to encode the video at 4K. We hit that limit when the subject matter being filmed has a lot of high frequency (small high contrast detail) over large areas of the field of view. This added to the low light noise floor of the camera capture chip increases the bandwidth requirement of the amount of discrete data coming off the camera chip from frame to frame. There's some on (or near) camera processing that tries to reduce that data by buffering 8 frame segments and reducing the refresh/buffer flushes and resamples to every 8th frame for areas of the frame that are relatively low contrast. You can see this effect on panning shots with a lot of green/brown grass or with cloud structures in the upper portion of the frame. Setting the Sharpness to 1 and the frame rate to 25 helps mitigate that as it forces full frame resamples for every frame. I always have my settings at ISO 100 fps 25 and shutter 1/50 (using the standard 180 degree cinema camera rule - frame rate is half the shutter speed). I've not tried it but one way to reduce the spatial noise is to sample the footage down from 4K to 1080p in your edit - using an area averaging filter. I use Neat Video Denoise (https://www.neatvideo.com) for important footage - but costs money and is slow to process for long sections of aerial drone footage.
2020-2-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. May I know did the drone experienced any hard landing or crash prior from experiencing this issue? I would recommend to please try to fly the drone in a different location with less interference and different lighting. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-10
Use props
compunerd3
lvl.1
Ireland

Thanks all, I'll try some of the suggestions over the next few days and report back with any new footage I find issues with.
2020-2-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

compunerd3 Posted at 2-10 10:00
Thanks all, I'll try some of the suggestions over the next few days and report back with any new footage I find issues with.

You are more than welcome, please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-2-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules