Navigation working now
588 6 2020-2-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4562008 ft
Canada

Well like most other Mini flyers my navigation in the bottom middle of the Fly app has not been accurate/working.
So i bought a longer cable and a tablet holder because eventually ill get a tablet.
Did a small test flight today with my Galaxy S7 in the tablet holder and the navigation worked fine.
Seen many vids and posts about the controller affecting the navigation.
In my case, it would seem that the controller itself was affecting the compass in my S7.
I would imagine that other testing will vary widely with all the different makes/models of phones and the materials used in making them.

I have the latest firmware on all batteries and controller/quad.
I have NOT had any drop/connection issues in my 33 KM of flight distance and successfully flown 2km out and 2 km back with %68 battery left.
Canada EH

Cheers

2020-2-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Trevor OV MM. Thank you for sharing these information and for sharing your valued experience with regards to this matter. This will be a very big help to all our DJI Mavic Mini co pilots. Again great work and thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-10
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

It makes sense, for me turning the phone 180 degrees, with USB connector at the right, fixed the problem too, I guess the controller affects the compass too.
2020-2-11
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Canada

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-11 04:39
It makes sense, for me turning the phone 180 degrees, with USB connector at the right, fixed the problem too, I guess the controller affects the compass too.

And if thats the case, there isnt an easy fix.
2020-2-11
Use props
draceq
lvl.1
Czechia

Today I tested the RC influence of the mobile phone copass and - what a surprise, Huawei Nova3 was ABSOLUTELY NOT affected by the RC of my Mini. Maybe some secret deal between DJI and Huawei ?
2020-2-11
Use props
Trevor OV MM
lvl.4
Canada

draceq Posted at 2-11 06:57
Today I tested the RC influence of the mobile phone copass and - what a surprise, Huawei Nova3 was ABSOLUTELY NOT affected by the RC of my Mini. Maybe some secret deal between DJI and Huawei ?

Haha funny  but maybe true. Im looking at probably a Huawei tablet soon.
2020-2-11
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Trevor OV MM Posted at 2-11 05:13
And if thats the case, there isnt an easy fix.

Nope, it seems hardware related.
2020-2-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules