5955 11 2020-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

SHAME ON YOU DJI !!

We don't have a way to replace our Mavic Mini batteries unless we pay 120+ EUR for the remaining few spares from shameless sellers that don't mind charging 3 times the price of the DJI store, which has them UNAVAILABLE from EVER and for EVER.

I signed up w/ email for availability but I have zero confidence they'll come available shortly. You make us pay 45 EUR for a 3$ cell battery pack.... with a COLOSSAL mark up price and you don't even keep them in stock !?

S H A M E  on YOU twice DJI for not opening up the battery protocol. I have a battery which is 100% functional only bricked because of contact with water. I am furious about this whole thing. I am thinking of buying my next drone from someone that doens't impinge their products with this kind of SAD trickery.
2020-2-13
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

I think they rushed the launch. But... calm down buddy. It is a drone, your mental health is worth more.
2020-2-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Major fail on DJI's part.  IMHO I feel that they severely underestimated how many MMs would be sold and also how many Fly More Combos would be sold that had 3 batteries included.  Very, very early on many savy new MM owners purchased additional batteries and soon the supply chain could not keep up.  I was lucky to purchase additional DJI brand batteries from Florida Drone Supply a week after I purchased the MM.  

Hopefully, we will see this supply and demand issue be fixed sooner rather than later.  I sent an e-mail to the VP for Marketing of DJI and of course received no reply.  DJI has to be aware of this issue based on all the threads about lack of batteries but one can only assume that wherever they source their batteries from has not been able to respond quickly enough.
2020-2-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

I´ve seen batteries between 85 and 100 euros... mental... Glad I got a combo and not only the mini.
DJI should offer the battery hub + 3 batteries for no more than 120euros... just the difference between mini and combo...
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, we're truly sorry about this. We suggest placing your email address via IN STOCK REMINDER and we will send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

2020-2-13
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

DowntownRDB Posted at 2-13 04:17
Hopefully, we will see this supply and demand issue be fixed sooner rather than later.

Yes I agree and I hope the one that fixes it will not be DJI ;)
2020-2-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-13 05:46
It's not uncommon for there to be battery shortages with a new release.   Factor in Chinese New Year & the Coronavirus issue & it's not difficult to see why batteries remain in short supply.  Also, the packs are not using $3 cells.  They appear to contain Samsung's premium Lithium-ion cells.  This is why it was a good idea to wait a few weeks for a Fly More kit rather than jumping on a base package.

"It's not uncommon for there to be battery shortages with a new release."  

Ahhh, so it's not uncommon then for DJI to miscalculate an appropriate supply of "in stock" batteries when they release new drones.  So this then becomes a pattern of not being able to meet the needs of their users.  Based on corporate structure knowledge I can tell you then that this is definitely a failure of senior management.  One time is a learning lesson, each time is a fail.  Just calling it what it is.  
2020-2-14
Use props
Nidge
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Im sure some enterprising soul will find a workaround. I believe the battery packs are just a pair of 18650 cells and a simple balance logic board.

Nidge.

2020-2-14
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-14 02:35
I sure wish I could "fail" like DJI!  (estimated net worth $15 billion in 2018)  

Again, batteries have always been in short supply when new models release. Orders for Fly More Combos get priority.  You have to wait for Fly More kits too but I imagine, in your extensive expertise, high demand is another management fail?

I'm not saying the company is a fail.  I'm saying that whoever is overseeing the supply chain is not atuned to the production numbers.  I get that DJI has been successful in the past but now that other up and coming companies such as Skydio, Autel and others are starting to chip away at DJI's market, DJI needs to be on top of their enitre game.  

Coronavirus came up way after the shortage of batteries was occurring as is NOT why they ran out of "in stock" supplies.  Just saying.

I read all your comments in all these threads and I always respect your well thought out and knowledgeable inputs so please don't misread this as I'm arguing with you about shortage of batteries.  Have a nice day.

2020-2-14
Use props
Sigmo
lvl.4
United States

Dirty Bird Posted at 2-14 02:35
I sure wish I could "fail" like DJI!  (estimated net worth $15 billion in 2018)  

Again, batteries have always been in short supply when new models release. Orders for Fly More Combos get priority.  You have to wait for Fly More kits too but I imagine, in your extensive expertise, high demand is another management fail?

Exactly.  Any problems I might have with my Mini are insignificant and trivial in comparison with what the people of China are going through now.

This isn't business as usual, and may not be for a very long time, if ever.  Be patient and thankful that the worst thing in your life at this moment is lack of batteries for a hobby item.
2020-2-14
Use props
fans4185bc3d
New

Ukraine

That's why I have my Mavic Air shelved. Crashed it last year, the core board died. Since then I tried multiple stores/services to replace it. No success. Mavic Air motherboards are out of stock once and for all. Now I bought MM and feel like it's gonna be the same... unfortunately.
2020-2-14
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Found a Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery IN STOCK at EU store and placed my order

Let's hope it will arrive at some point...
2020-4-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules