Cliff Flight
1137 19 2020-2-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Hi everyone. Despite my experience with drones, I have never made a flight by the sea or high cliff areas. This weekend, I make a family getaway, and just go to an area where there is a sea lighthouse, cliff, coast, etc ... I would like to ask your wise advice, based on experience in this type of flights, could my Phantom take me, but I want to do it with the Mini, so if someone has experience in this type of flights with the mini, I would appreciate your comments. I take this opportunity to send greetings to everyone and thank you in advance.

2020-2-13
Use props
Renato61
Second Officer
Flight distance : 168163 ft
Italy

I used the drone by the sea, both on the beach and from a cliff, I find no difference compared to land use.
If you take off from above, the height indicated does not correspond to the real one, you may have a negative value, I recommend you to fly on sight so as not to risk taking a bath with the drone
2020-2-13
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

It is all good. The issue is if it does crash beyond the cliff, retrieval is a misery.
2020-2-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Usually follow your normal preflight, flying in such places are free from a lot of interference , one thing always make sure flying near cliffs make sure homepoint is recorded above take off and try keeping VLOS wind at the coast will always be a bit tricky so just pay attention to the drone.

Enjoy and good luck .
2020-2-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

The only thing I can advise you is be aware of wind gusts coming up from the cliff, the wind there normally rises and may affect the mini stability.

For sure keep it VLOS at all times.

Greetings!
2020-2-13
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

Very well, I am taking note, watch out for the wind and always in sight, I hope the weather accompanies me this weekend.
2020-2-13
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Como se indicó anteriormente, tenga en cuenta los cambios en las condiciones de vuelo, es decir, los vientos tienden a soplar hacia arriba cerca de los acantilados. Realice su vuelo previo y tenga confianza en su capacidad de vuelo, pero no se arriesgue, ya que esta será su primera aventura en este nuevo entorno. Saco mi MM en mi bote todo el tiempo y mi principal preocupación es un descenso inesperado y chapotear en el agua. Hasta el momento no hay problemas. Definitivamente desea mantenerlo en su línea de visión.

En una ubicación como la que describiste, tienes la oportunidad de capturar algunas imágenes increíbles. Mucha suerte y esperamos su próximo video.

As previously stated please be particularly aware of changing flight conditions, i.e. winds tend to gust upwards near cliffs.  Do your pre-flight and be confident in your flying ability but don't take any risks as this will be your first adventure in this new environment.  I take my MM out on my boat all the time and my main worry is an unanticipated descent and splashing down in the water.  So far no issues.  Definitely you want to keep it in your line of sight.

In a location such as what you described you have the opportunity to capture some awesome footage.  Best of luck and looking forward to your upcoming video.

2020-2-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

Why I can´t see any comment from hallmark007?
In every response I see from him, even in the old posts I see a lock icon and this text "Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield".
Was he banned??
2020-2-13
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-13 08:26
Why I can´t see any comment from hallmark007?
In every response I see from him, even in the old posts I see a lock icon and this text "Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield".
Was he banned??

Cierto, yo me pregunto lo mismo ¿ Le han bloqueado? Es raro, además de que siempre participa de muy buena manera, no lo entiendo. No quiero pensar que se a ido del foro...
-----------
True, I wonder the same thing. Have you been blocked? It's weird, besides always participating in a very good way, I don't understand. I don't want to think he left the forum ...
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestion from our fellow DJI members here in Forum. They already mentioned all the best recommendations above. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you for your support!
2020-2-13
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

JM.REYES Posted at 2-13 08:46
Cierto, yo me pregunto lo mismo ¿ Le han bloqueado? Es raro, además de que siempre participa de muy buena manera, no lo entiendo. No quiero pensar que se a ido del foro...
-----------
True, I wonder the same thing. Have you been blocked? It's weird, besides always participating in a very good way, I don't understand. I don't want to think he left the forum ...

Well it says "Banned" or "deleted", makes me think it wasn't him, seeing his amount of participation, level and points accumulated...

But the shocking thing is, why would somebody suffer this? Even if insulting (which is not nice) I would think you delete the comment or "alert" the person, but to wipe their whole history/past within the forum?... seems a bit much to be honest.
2020-2-13
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

InspektorGadjet Posted at 2-13 08:55
Well it says "Banned" or "deleted", makes me think it wasn't him, seeing his amount of participation, level and points accumulated...

But the shocking thing is, why would somebody suffer this? Even if insulting (which is not nice) I would think you delete the comment or "alert" the person, but to wipe their whole history/past within the forum?... seems a bit much to be honest.

A request to a DJI moderator in the forum, can you tell us if this user has breached or missed a rule and has been expelled? Is he gone?
2020-2-13
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-13 08:48
Hi, thank you for reaching out. Hope that you could get the best recommendation and suggestion from our fellow DJI members here in Forum. They already mentioned all the best recommendations above. Please don't hesitate to reach us if you have other concerns. Thank you for your support!

Once again, thank you very much DJIgamora, to you and of course to ALL this great forum, all the advice given here are very well received and highly esteemed. We are a healthy community.
2020-2-13
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

" But the shocking thing is, why would somebody suffer this? Even if insulting (which is not nice) I would think you delete the comment or "alert" the person, but to wipe their whole history/past within the forum?... seems a bit much to be honest. "

The answer is,   they've been told more than once, and been banned more than once......when they just keep going back and forth for PAGES of forum on multiple threads and multiple aircraft platforms it gets to be irritating to the 98% of us that are here to ask and answer questions related to the thread we are in.

Randy
Aerial Traffic
2020-2-13
Use props
1Eagle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 290348 ft
United States

At least Hallmark007 still has his Captain rank.
Check out Ant, his rank has been reduced to banned.....
2020-2-13
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

JM.REYES Posted at 2-13 09:02
Once again, thank you very much DJIgamora, to you and of course to ALL this great forum, all the advice given here are very well received and highly esteemed. We are a healthy community.

You are very much welcome and we do appreciate your kind words, JM. Happy staying here in DJI Forum Cheers!
2020-2-13
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

1Eagle Posted at 2-13 16:08
[view_image]

I do not know what AntD did this time around but I think he and Hallmark bad blood in the past. By the looks of it, I guess AntD got permanently banned while Hallmark received a temp ban. I told Hallmark in PM that if he keeps his bad behavior going no one will wanna deal with him no matter how much help he can provide (not much from my experience). Sadly he insisted that he was at no fault and I should stay out of his way. I noticed him trying hard to play nice on this forum in the days leading up to his ban but that ended well for him.
2020-2-13
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

My advice is don't ever go around objects, if you really have to keep a slightly higher elevation, set your RTH accordingly (if you lose contact, auto-RTH should be higher than your subject) and maintain LoS.

For high cliffs don't go in a tight gully or a ravine, if you do keep in mind: VPS has a very limited range, is fooled by water and weak GPS is worse then ATTI. Since ATTI mode in the MM is implemented only after complete GPS loss  you may find your MM roaming a lot by itself... it is completely normal under those circumstances. It's up to you to have a wide safety margin and renounce the flight should the control become too challenging.
2020-2-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

rwynant V1 Posted at 2-13 15:53
" But the shocking thing is, why would somebody suffer this? Even if insulting (which is not nice) I would think you delete the comment or "alert" the person, but to wipe their whole history/past within the forum?... seems a bit much to be honest. "

The answer is,   they've been told more than once, and been banned more than once......when they just keep going back and forth for PAGES of forum on multiple threads and multiple aircraft platforms it gets to be irritating to the 98% of us that are here to ask and answer questions related to the thread we are in.

I understand this 100%, I've said several times "guys chill out" when suddenly it was fights between two individuals making the thread useless...

I even started to "suffer" this myself the other day in my latest "drop + climb" Thread, when the thing started to go in circles, and hallmark was, saying the same thing than me but twisting in a weird way... not sure if looking for confrontation or just because other users (which apparently he hates) were helping me and basically agreeing with my reported flight log.

For me gets annoying too, but deleting every comment makes some posts useless and meaningless, not just for info or reference but also indexed search results from browsers.
2020-2-14
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Spain

1Eagle Posted at 2-13 16:08
[view_image]

Oh wow, so there are more...
People that have been banned before should have some tiny icon in their avatar to "alert" users who are not aware, so they do not pay too much attention or get hooked in silly arguments.
2020-2-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules