1775 5 2020-2-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Aberle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 509528 ft
France

Hello,

Having recently tried using a DJI Osmo Mobile 3 I am very pleased with the results but can't help but feel like some improvements are required, specifically with the timelapse shooting mode:
With the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 being a product that is set to target photographers and videomakers, the video bitrate is surprisingly very low in timelapse mode, and this could easily be improved too, by compiling a series of JPEG or even RAW photos into a H.265 video file instead of lazy video speeding-up: ideally, a 4K 100mbits/s video would be amazing to have, making the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 much more suitable for video shooting. Professional photography apps on iPhone already offer high-bitrate video, so why not the DJI Mimo app?

Also, exposure control is very finicky, and I would love to see an HDR shooting option, or at least better dynamic range, which can easily be achieved as we are talking about time-lapse shooting, not live video recording. Again, compiling multipl HDR shots would work nicely, or so would having an automatic and smooth exposure which varies slowly over time.

Finally, the DJI Mimo app doesn't seem to record any GPS location data, even though I have allowed it to in the app's settings and the iOS settings; this is the case for video shooting and photo shooting too. I have checked with the exiftool metadata reader. How is this the case? Am I doing something wrong?

Just to put it out there, a final piece of wishful thinking, just in case someone at DJI R&D is listening: I would absolutely love to be able to export .SRT files with GPS logging embedded in order to have consistent GPS tracking across whole videos. Since the DJI Osmo Mobile 3 is a product primarily meant for shooting videos while moving, this is a must-have in my opinion!
2020-2-19
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out. I will take note of these suggestions of yours and will forward it to our designated department for attention. Thank you for your continued support!
2020-2-19
Use props
Chili Bu
lvl.1
Canada

the problem I seem to have more often then not is that the motion time lapse, set correctly time after time fails to save the file,  
2020-2-24
Use props
Chili Bu
lvl.1
Canada

(oops, hit enter by mistake) I literally have set a short time lapse and sat there, watching it go through the set way points I've set, finish the allotted time set and return to home position and then nothing, no saving time lapse displayed, no saved file anywhere...like it never happened and that alone is very frustrating
2020-2-24
Use props
Aberle
lvl.1
Flight distance : 509528 ft
France

Chili Bu Posted at 2-24 07:54
(oops, hit enter by mistake) I literally have set a short time lapse and sat there, watching it go through the set way points I've set, finish the allotted time set and return to home position and then nothing, no saving time lapse displayed, no saved file anywhere...like it never happened and that alone is very frustrating

Hey, do you know where apps save files by default on your phone? It should be the camera roll for iPhones but you need to ensure that you give the app permission to save photos in the privacy settings.
I’ve had my fair share of timelapse-shooting issues too, but mine have to do with the shooting part itself: I have found that sometimes the gimbal fails to execute the requested motion and remains stuck in the starting position, resulting in a dull static timelapse. This is definitely a bug… or perhaps I set waypoints too close together, but I’ve tried to multiple times and sometimes it works, with equally close waypoints, so the behaviors just seems to be frustratingly inconsistent.
2020-2-24
Use props
Aurelian Irimia
First Officer
Flight distance : 903350 ft
  • >>>
Spain

I'm filming  wit both apps, FilmicPro and DJI Mimo. Filmic offers up to 130mbs bitrate and Mimo app up to 30mbs. But when you import the clips in the timeline for editing, you will not see any quality differences. Is good the have a good HDR for videos in Mimo app, a flat profile, but not like the FilmicPro have. Now, the new flat and the log profiles from Filmic are totally garbage, is introducing a lot off noise in the footage, even in daylight with iso set to low, 22.
2020-2-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules