4686 12 2020-2-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Flight distance : 60364 ft
Malaysia

Hi Guys,

I am attempting to export the flight data of the mini to to DJI Assistant 2, but keep getting an error. cant seem to export. Do i still have to have all the video files in the sd card while attempting to export the data ? Or do i have to have the phone connected to the mini whike exporting the date. Any advise would be appreciated.
Screen Shot 2020-02-20 at 10.09.27 PM.png
2020-2-20
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI assistant 2 to see if the problem persists. Also, may I know what mobile device you are currently using? You may refer to the information below on how to export logs using the mobile device. Should you have other further concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you!

Flight Record and Simplified Data Export
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, and then export the "flightrecord" folder.

iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "flightrecord" folder.

APP LOG EXPORT
Android device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, and then export the data in the "LOG" folder.

iOS device:
Connect the mobile device that has been connected to the aircraft to the PC, open iTunes, and then export all data under the "Logs" folder.

2020-2-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have never gotten DJI Assistant 2 to work properly for downloading files to my Dell pc either. I just use Windows Explorer to access the files from the phone or the Mini instead. I don't know what the equivalent program is to use on an Apple product though.
2020-2-20
Use props
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Malaysia

DJI Gamora Posted at 2-20 07:51
Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. Can you please try to uninstall and reinstall the DJI assistant 2 to see if the problem persists. Also, may I know what mobile device you are currently using? You may refer to the information below on how to export logs using the mobile device. Should you have other further concerns please don't hesitate to reach us. Thank you!

Flight Record and Simplified Data Export

Thank you for your prompt reply Gamora. Also for the screenshots.   I have reinstalled the DJI assistant 2, but there is no success. I am using an IOS device. However i tried with the iTunes, which did manage to export some files, both, for flight records and logs.  But the MCDatFlightRecords folder is empty, is that how it is supposed to be ?

Also, is using the iTunes is an alternative to export the log, or it has limited use and cannot export all the files, which the DJI assistant 2 could. Thanks again.
2020-2-20
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

SKyHigh05 Posted at 2-20 11:34
Thank you for your prompt reply Gamora. Also for the screenshots.   I have reinstalled the DJI assistant 2, but there is no success. I am using an IOS device. However i tried with the iTunes, which did manage to export some files, both, for flight records and logs.  But the MCDatFlightRecords folder is empty, is that how it is supposed to be ?

Also, is using the iTunes is an alternative to export the log, or it has limited use and cannot export all the files, which the DJI assistant 2 could. Thanks again.

I am not familiar with iTunes but if it works for you to export some files, it should work for all normal files. It will not export the large hidden "dat" file on the Mini that records all flights. But that file is not readable by the user anyway, so not to worry.
2020-2-20
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 300837 ft
  • >>>
United States

On the iOS device that you fly with use the Apple Files app.  On the files app go to /On My iPhone/DJI Fly/FlightRecords   Example name of .txt file = DJIFlightRecord_2020-02-13__[17-01031].txt

The .DAT file will be one more directory down /On My iPhone/DJI Fly/FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecordsExample name of .DAT = 2020-02-13_16-59-30_FLY016.DAT
2020-2-20
Use props
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Malaysia

BobWinNV Posted at 2-20 20:55
On the iOS device that you fly with use the Apple Files app.  On the files app go to /On My iPhone/DJI Fly/FlightRecords   Example name of .txt file = DJIFlightRecord_2020-02-13__[17-01031].txt

The .DAT file will be one more directory down /On My iPhone/DJI Fly/FlightRecords/MCDatFlightRecordsExample name of .DAT = 2020-02-13_16-59-30_FLY016.DAT

thanks for your reply.

when you mention apple files app.  , i assume that you talking about the iTunes. The below is what i see in iTunes. In the folder which i created, there appears a MCDatFlightRecord folder. but it is empty.  See image 1

But in my phone, there still exits the data, which i have not deleted yet. I don't know why that data and the details of the flights are not being detected in iTunes . see image 2

But even from iTunes, i can see that there are no large files present, hence i think that there is no contents present for the MCDatFlightRecord. See image 3

Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 8.21.46 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 3.25.21 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 8.29.39 PM.png
2020-2-21
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

No I am talking about the Apple iOS Files app.  It is used on your iOS device so there is no need to connect to the Mac or iTunes for this to work with DJI Fly.

If you pefer to use iTunes just drag the folder FlightRecords that you show in your photo to the desktop.  That will place a copy of the folder on your desktop that you can open and see/copy the files that you need.

Link to Apple Files App in App Store - Free
2020-2-21
Use props
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Malaysia

BobWinNV Posted at 2-21 11:59
No I am talking about the Apple iOS Files app.  It is used on your iOS device so there is no need to connect to the Mac or iTunes for this to work with DJI Fly.

If you pefer to use iTunes just drag the folder FlightRecords that you show in your photo to the desktop.  That will place a copy of the folder on your desktop that you can open and see/copy the files that you need.

Thanks again. Oh in my phone, yes the App exists, i was assuming that it was in my Mac.  I did check the Files app in my phone, still the same, there are no data for mcdatflightrecords, seems to have vanished.  Strange that considering the data and the video/map details of my flight is still viewable in my dpi fly app.

I
2020-2-22
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

SKyHigh05 Posted at 2-22 20:15
Thanks again. Oh in my phone, yes the App exists, i was assuming that it was in my Mac.  I did check the Files app in my phone, still the same, there are no data for mcdatflightrecords, seems to have vanished.  Strange that considering the data and the video/map details of my flight is still viewable in my dpi fly app.

I

When you sync with the DJI server the .DAT file gets erased.  All that you have left is one sub directory back up where you should find the .txt file for the flight.
/On My iPhone/DJI Fly/FlightRecords   Example name of .txt file = DJIFlightRecord_2020-02-13__[17-01031].txt

You might want to check out this thread about turning off sync until you save of your .DAT file after each flight.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=208775&extra=page%3D2%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D712%26typeid%3D712

2020-2-22
Use props
SKyHigh05
lvl.2
Malaysia

BobWinNV Posted at 2-22 21:16
When you sync with the DJI server the .DAT file gets erased.  All that you have left is one sub directory back up where you should find the .txt file for the flight.
/On My iPhone/DJI Fly/FlightRecords   Example name of .txt file = DJIFlightRecord_2020-02-13__[17-01031].txt

No wonder its not there. That is some valuable info you have given Bob. Really appreciate the input. Will check out the thread and off the sync before i try to obtain the dat files for future flights.
2020-2-23
Use props
BobWinNV
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

SKyHigh05 Posted at 2-23 02:47
No wonder its not there. That is some valuable info you have given Bob. Really appreciate the input. Will check out the thread and off the sync before i try to obtain the dat files for future flights.

You are welcome SkyHigh05.  I am glad that I could help.
2020-2-23
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for your response. Can you please clarify if you still experience the same issue? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-2-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules