anybody using the regular goggles with their mavic 2 zoom
6821 5 2020-2-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

Hi, iam thinking of purchasing the regular white goggles for my m2z, and am wondering if they work good, also if you can use your phone still with the remote while also using the goggles? I dont know if the goggles have to be tethered to the remote of if it is wifi? I ve heard several people using the iphone doing the goggles by wifi, and the phone tethered?
2020-2-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day. Thank you for reaching out and for the information you have shared with us. Yes the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom is compatible with the DJI Goggles. Please first activate DJI Goggles and update the firmware to version v01.04.0500 on your computer using the appropriate version of DJI Assistant 2. Power on the DJI Goggles, choose Linking in Settings, then choose DJI Mavic 2. Press the link button on the DJI Mavic 2 Zoom and wait for a few seconds to connect DJI Goggles to the said aircraft. In addition, I will be posting an official DJI tutorial video on how to connect the DJI Goggles to the DJI drone. Thank you.

2020-2-24
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes they will work with the zoom. But your range will be limited to about half mile. The goggles will connect wireless so no need to tether. You can still have the phone connected, do not and I repeat do not have your wifi on. Put your phone in airplane mode.
2020-2-24
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

do you know why it only has the 1/2 mile range? do the Re goggle have more range? from what I understand, the Re has the 2.4ghz and the 5.8 ghz, and the regular only has the 2.4, the 5.8 s cleaner, but does not have the range as the 2.4? so i would figure the 2.4 would go further?
2020-2-25
Use props
DennisMurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the white goggles and a Zoom....I dont have a range problem and consistently fly 2+ miles out. Saturday I was filming a waterfall, and I was 14,000 out with no issue. It will start getting a little choppy, depending on location, when you're pushing 3 miles. I'm in the Sierra mountains so I don't have much interference. I do know that the RE's have had short range issues.  You do not need to tether the goggles. Turn on the controller, the Mavic, enter the Go4 app, wait till you have your view from the Mav then turn on the goggles. I've had them since they came out and other than a couple of hic cups during an upgrade about a year ago they've been flawless.
2020-2-26
Use props
fans7e30011f
lvl.2
United States

Thanks for all the replies, I think I am going to order them today, I figured I should get more than a 1/2 mile, with the white ones, Tim
2020-2-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules