Mavic Mini Battery
2959 24 2020-2-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mashregh
lvl.2
Germany

It is not strange that after such a long time, there is no mavic mini battery to buy?
2020-2-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Mashregh. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Mini's Intelligent Flight Battery is Out of stock for our official DJI online store and we don't have any time frame yet when will the said batteries will be available/in stock. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official DJI online store at https://store.dji.com/product/ma ... gent-flight-battery . In addition you may click the In Stock Reminder tab for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. You may also try to check our official DJI retail stores for the availability of the genuine DJI Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery at https://www.dji.com/gr/where-to- ... ite&from=footer . Thank you for your valued support.
2020-2-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

What is beyond my understanding is how a relatively simple component, sold by the millions for mobile devices of all kind, a battery with a bms chip can be so hard to deliver, up to the point of NOT even having an ETA for the in-stock product.

It's quite outrageous DJI.... we're waiting for months. Any compatible now ?
2020-2-29
Use props
Mashregh
lvl.2
Germany

DJI Stephen Posted at 2-29 07:52
Hello and good day Mashregh. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Mini's Intelligent Flight Battery is Out of stock for our official DJI online store and we don't have any time frame yet when will the said batteries will be available/in stock. If ever it will be available it will be posted on our official DJI online store at https://store.dji.com/product/mavic-mini-intelligent-flight-battery . In addition you may click the In Stock Reminder tab for us to be able to send you a notification as soon as we have the item in stock. You may also try to check our official DJI retail stores for the availability of the genuine DJI Mavic Mini Intelligent Flight Battery at https://www.dji.com/gr/where-to-buy/retail-stores?site=brandsite&from=footer . Thank you for your valued support.

You write what we know ourselves. we want an honest answer? why does it take so long to produce something so simple? that's all i want to know! thx
2020-2-29
Use props
Ingo Sundowner
Second Officer
Flight distance : 914012 ft
United Kingdom

They'll probably blame the corona virus etc. However, they didn't have any before neither. Add to that delivery time and your looking at months. I've got all the stuff I need, but hell, never again will I buy anything from DJI. They are totally useless
2020-2-29
Use props
lannes
First Officer
Flight distance : 4465 ft
  • >>>
Australia

There probably going through a redesign due to the not enough force/ESC Error when the battery gets below 50%
2020-2-29
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Mashregh Posted at 2-29 09:24
You write what we know ourselves. we want an honest answer? why does it take so long to produce something so simple? that's all i want to know! thx

My guess is that they have no idea themselves... but they try to support and be nice and cheerful. It kind of works.... sometimes they manage to provide very useful info and tips using DJI's own resources.
2020-2-29
Use props
Jake Phantom 3 S
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2639747 ft
United States

That is why I bought the Mavic Mini Fly More Combo. 3 batteries plus all the extras. Cheaper to get the combo than buying 2 more batteries later .
2020-2-29
Use props
Mashregh
lvl.2
Germany

Jake Phantom 3 S Posted at 2-29 16:32
That is why I bought the Mavic Mini Fly More Combo. 3 batteries plus all the extras. Cheaper to get the combo than buying 2 more batteries later .

Yes. you're right. I also wanted to buy Mavic mini combo but I didn't find one to buy in Germany. I paid far too much money for single parts and now I have this problem with Battery.
2020-2-29
Use props
MXss
lvl.3
Flight distance : 6790833 ft
  • >>>
Canada

lannes Posted at 2-29 10:16
There probably going through a redesign due to the not enough force/ESC Error when the battery gets below 50%

will they fix the issue of the old batteries if that is the case with the new ones or some sort of firmware update????

Honestly DJI, where are these batteries? They've been out of stock for a while and DJI Stephen gives us the lamest, most cut and paste reply to the battery out of stock issue with the mavic mini.
2020-3-1
Use props
djiuser_LpSPRqwvLBmp
lvl.1

Canada

i just had a long chat with DJI people about : why are there are hundreds of mini mavic batteries available on ebay and amazon at double to triple the normal price, but nothing for the end-users from our registered DJI Store account...
I asked if they ever intended to hold back some batteries to be sold to end-users on the DJI store or will they continue to sell all of them bulk to ebay and amazon pirates??
by the end of the chat the "supervisor" told me that if it's available from a third party seller , then i should buy it from them!!!
WTF... they just told me to buy THEIR product from a third party pirate... instead of fixing the pattern of screwing over the end-user.... that is shameful...
starting to think i should have looked longer at the Autel line-up
2020-3-3
Use props
Dr0ne_n00b
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8060348 ft
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_LpSPRqwvLBmp Posted at 3-3 16:42
i just had a long chat with DJI people about : why are there are hundreds of mini mavic batteries available on ebay and amazon at double to triple the normal price, but nothing for the end-users from our registered DJI Store account...
I asked if they ever intended to hold back some batteries to be sold to end-users on the DJI store or will they continue to sell all of them bulk to ebay and amazon pirates??
by the end of the chat the "supervisor" told me that if it's available from a third party seller , then i should buy it from them!!!

They probably mean if your desperate and need battery THAT badly then buy from them as last resort. Batteries will come in plentiful supply soon enough, they're nothing more than common Samsung 18650 25Rs which sell for about $5/each and have been out a while.
2020-3-4
Use props
djiuser_LpSPRqwvLBmp
lvl.1

Canada

Dr0ne_n00b Posted at 3-4 01:11
They probably mean if your desperate and need battery THAT badly then buy from them as last resort. Batteries will come in plentiful supply soon enough, they're nothing more than common Samsung 18650 25Rs which sell for about $5/each and have been out a while.

you may be right.. but there has never been a shortage of quality 18650's... so why would they maintain this deficiency?? seems so easy to fix... if they cant supply them, and don't seem to want my money,  then just release a case that you can put your own 18650s into.. (yeah not gonna happen, i know)
2020-3-4
Use props
Dr0ne_n00b
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

djiuser_LpSPRqwvLBmp Posted at 3-4 05:58
you may be right.. but there has never been a shortage of quality 18650's... so why would they maintain this deficiency?? seems so easy to fix... if they cant supply them, and don't seem to want my money,  then just release a case that you can put your own 18650s into.. (yeah not gonna happen, i know)

I'd say initially all extra batteries would have been produced to fulfill the Flymore combo shortage (3 batteries), add to that then Chinese new year and corona virus which bred the right conditions for scalpers to scoopup whatever stock remained and sell for high prices. Eventually batteries will become plentiful in supply and scalpers will need to move onto flipping something else for money. Heck I've even seen authorised DJI re-seller flip batteries for $30 above retail price, they're all doing it!
2020-3-4
Use props
RCnerd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18307 ft
United States

Does anyone know how intelligent these batteries really are?  Aside from the basic functions of a 'protected' Li-ion cell is there data logging and other more advanced things going on?  Does the battery have to give the Mini a health status report before it will power up and takeoff?
2020-3-4
Use props
Dr0ne_n00b
lvl.3
  • >>>
Australia

RCnerd Posted at 3-4 11:59
Does anyone know how intelligent these batteries really are?  Aside from the basic functions of a 'protected' Li-ion cell is there data logging and other more advanced things going on?  Does the battery have to give the Mini a health status report before it will power up and takeoff?

From what Ive seen in logs, provides voltage, current, capacity, over/undervoltage. It wont discharge like their other packs do, no status lights so you need to rely on the quad to check charge percentage.

Health of battery would be dependent on what parameters they set in the quad,e.g. cell imbalance beyond certain threshold etc
2020-3-4
Use props
RCnerd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 18307 ft
United States

Dr0ne_n00b Posted at 3-4 17:07
From what Ive seen in logs, provides voltage, current, capacity, over/undervoltage. It wont discharge like their other packs do, no status lights so you need to rely on the quad to check charge percentage.

Health of battery would be dependent on what parameters they set in the quad,e.g. cell imbalance beyond certain threshold etc

Good to know, thanks.
2020-3-5
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Earlier today Best Buy (US) had MM batteries in stock but as I was composing the post, I checked back and they are now out of stock.  But that was a few minutes ago so near the end, there are often adjustments in progress so they may be in and out for a few more minutes!
2020-3-7
Use props
lacibaci
Second Officer
Flight distance : 235682 ft
United States

I just got an email from DJI store. Looks like the MM batteries are in stock.
2020-3-10
Use props
Mashregh
lvl.2
Germany

lacibaci Posted at 3-10 06:12

yes! Thanks for your information. I ordered that.
2020-3-10
Use props
Failure
Second Officer
Flight distance : 135010 ft
Germany

Already sold out again.
I missed the email because it ended up in my spam folder.
I am quite upset.
2020-3-11
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

Failure Posted at 3-11 03:30
Already sold out again.
I missed the email because it ended up in my spam folder.
I am quite upset.

they probably only had a handful and since demand is so high and supply is so low, the battery is ideal for purchase simply for resale even if you only buy one.  maybe check on ebay, i'm sure some of these will end up there and hopefully the sellers are kind.
2020-3-11
Use props
Hawkeye Photography
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1216867 ft
United States

Jake Phantom 3 S Posted at 2-29 16:32

Exactly what I did. And that's probably why they're out too.
2020-3-11
Use props
BigBird-2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 883645 ft
  • >>>
United States

lacibaci Posted at 3-10 06:12

Good to hear. Heading there now.
2020-3-11
Use props
Drone Diver
lvl.1
Flight distance : 11982 ft
Japan

I have the Flymore Combo but no drone.....long story....but yes I have batteries
2020-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules