DJI Fly lack of functionality in Android?
3014 19 2020-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Heinzguderian
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I was just editing some video on the DJI Fly app, but when I add music, I don't ge the option to set a rhythm like you do in the iOS version! Why do this? It looked really useful and easy!!!!!

Disappointing
2020-3-2
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

Hi, thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the inconvenience. May I please ask what mobile device are you currently using? Also, can you please first sync your flight records and try to uninstall and reinstall the application to see if the issue will still persist? Please keep us posted. Thank you!
2020-3-2
Use props
Heinzguderian
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I'm using Samsung Galaxy S10+ on Android 10. It's the first time I have used the app, I haven't got the Mini yet, but was just trying out the video capabilities of the app, but I was editing a video from my Osmo Pocket.

I also couldn't find the app on the Play Store, I downloaded it directly from the DJI website
2020-3-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

What rhythm in iOS ?
2020-3-2
Use props
IainF
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I have the same problem. The music menu with Replace / Trim / Volume  / Rythm / Delete doesn't appear. I'm using a Galaxy S7 with Android 8.0.0 (Oreo).
I've just bought the Mini which is excellent but this makes the editing app a bit useless.
2020-3-2
Use props
emptyhen
lvl.2
United Kingdom

I have the same problem too. (on a Galaxy S10+ running App version 1.0.6)

As example of the sort of thing I'd like to be able to do in this video. (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmSWsFIsZ_Y)

On Android you can select a song and adjust where in the song the video starts but that's all. In the video above you can set markers in the music and see a visualisation of the music against the video timeline so that you can move your video cuts/transitions to match the music easily. None of this seems to be possible on Android.
2020-3-3
Use props
Heinzguderian
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Yep, that's the same video I watched! I'll see if I can download the IOS version onto one of my family members iPhone, just to check it's not an app version thing
2020-3-3
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

Heinzguderian Posted at 3-3 03:25
Yep, that's the same video I watched! I'll see if I can download the IOS version onto one of my family members iPhone, just to check it's not an app version thing

I'm using the latest version of the iOS app and I can confirm the rhythm option is there.
2020-3-3
Use props
emptyhen
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Out of interest, I've just had a look at the DJI MIMO app and that seems to have the missing functionality! Seems you can import other videos etc (I don't own an OSMO but it still seems to work fine).

I know it's not the answer but might be ok as a stop gap until DJI add the functionality to the Fly app?
2020-3-3
Use props
Heinzguderian
lvl.1
United Kingdom

So it does, how odd!

The mystery deepens
2020-3-3
Use props
Heinzguderian
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I can edit non Osmo video OK, add music, get all the rhythm etc in Mimo, so imagine until DJI fix it, just download the Mimo app and edit your Mini video in there
2020-3-3
Use props
thE29
lvl.3
Flight distance : 14094 ft
Austria

Its not you, but here some others have also the problem (look comments): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZmSWsFIsZ_Y

And the next funny thing is, that apparently the  DJI-Mimo-app has this feature on Android..

So I really dont get it, that the DJI fly app is missing this feature..
2020-3-5
Use props
djiuser_TSaxGu9hwOlJ
lvl.1

Philippines

I have the same concern with my Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus. Will DJI update the Android app soon?
2020-3-20
Use props
mavicminime
New

Sweden

I have the same issue on Xiaomi mi9t, and it is very anoyying, is there a fix in the works?
2020-3-24
Use props
djiuser_CbO9AyrKK3Wj
New
Philippines

Does DJI have a fix for this? Im using android too. Drumbeat doesnt show in the main editing window.
2020-12-23
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Flight distance : 250541 ft
Canada

Must be your device....I am using a  Moto G7 Power Android 10.

It's all there...... Always had it since day 1.
Screenshot_20201224-133702.png
2020-12-24
Use props
K6CCC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 651683 ft
United States

@Flaming  Nice to see someone else using a Moto G7 power.  I have never even attempted to edit flight video on the phone app  - nor can I possibly imagine why I would EVER want to.
2020-12-24
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Canada

I'm just trying to find out why the others reports some missing options in the editor ...I have loaded the app on my old Lenovo TAB4 8 with Android 8 and everything is there too,  so it must be a display issue on their phones.  Like the other day someone complained about overlapping informations on the screen ...it was because the display was in zoom mode ....
2020-12-24
Use props
djiuser_CbO9AyrKK3Wj
New
Philippines

Flaming Posted at 12-24 10:39
Must be your device....I am using a  Moto G7 Power Android 10.

It's all there...... Always had it since day 1.[Image]

Can you show us the dots where you marked the beats in the main editing screen?
2020-12-25
Use props
Flaming
lvl.4
Canada

djiuser_CbO9AyrKK3Wj Posted at 12-25 06:19
Can you show us the dots where you marked the beats in the main editing screen?

Of course , there you go ;
Screenshot_20201225-121110.png
2020-12-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules