DJI and Custom Issues Memphis
1940 22 2020-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Hunter13rh
lvl.1
United States

I placed my order on 2/27/2020 order said it would ship 1 business day after payment.  My shippment was split and the Play more combo came on Sunday. Everything else was backordred or whatever they want to call it. If I expect to believe it takes them 6 days to fullfill and ship an item that is instock is just insance. The order did not ship until  03/03/2020 and I was told it would be 3-4 business days for the shippment to arrive. As of yesterday the item was being held in Memphis and will not be released until DJI provides them the correct info. Because of the way DJI shipped this order and it is a LARGE shippment ( many orders in one) it requires a master airway bill which they did not provide hence why it is being held in customs.. from all of these posts this seems to be a common them for DJI> They obvious hold shippments until they get a large # then ship them in bulk using

IPD shipping is basically short for FedEx International Priority Direct Distribution. It is a contractual service that allows a reseller to ship many different pieces from a single location in the origin country to multiple recipients or addresses in another single destination country. It is essentially the term used for the electronic consolidation of multiple shipments from one shipper to many different recipients.

DJI is very misleading about shipping times  on their website.

2020-3-5
Use props
djiuser_brJso3bWsfkC
New

United States

I ordered 2/20 and it's stuck in Memphis for the second day. Extremely frustrating.
2020-3-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Hunter13rh, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have managed to get your order number via your forum account, it has been splited into two orders, one has been received and another one is in regular customs clearance process, normally it will take 1-3 business days. Please don't worry, I have forwarded your order to our logistics team, our team will keep an eye on your order. We hope you will receive it soon. Thank you for your kindly understanding.
2020-3-5
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

djiuser_brJso3bWsfkC Posted at 3-5 12:26
I ordered 2/20 and it's stuck in Memphis for the second day. Extremely frustrating.

Hi there, sorry for the inconvenience. I have managed to get your order number via your forum account, it is under the normal customs clearance process at present, normally it will take about 1-3 business days, please don't worry, we'll help you keep an eye on it. We hope you will receive it soon, thanks for your kind understanding.
2020-3-5
Use props
Hunter13rh
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 3-5 20:10
Hi Hunter13rh, sorry for the inconvenience caused. I have managed to get your order number via your forum account, it has been splited into two orders, one has been received and another one is in regular customs clearance process, normally it will take 1-3 business days. Please don't worry, I have forwarded your order to our logistics team, our team will keep an eye on your order. We hope you will receive it soon. Thank you for your kindly understanding.

Customs does not normally take 1-3 days. I have spoken at length with Fedex. The delay is solely due to the fact that DJI did not provide the " Master Airway Bill" that is needed with and IPD shippment. My point being your website needs to be updated with the correct shipping timelines as it is misleading. When I placed my order it stated  1 Business day after payment it would Ship. It did not. It shipped 3 Business days after payment.  Then I was told via DJI chat it would take and additional 3-5 days to arrive  once it shipped. Well that did not happened.  I shipped on 03/02/2020 and it is not here yet 5 BUSINESS  days later.  Which means it will not get here until on Monday at the earliest which would be 6 BUSINESS days later. It is still in Memphis because DJI has not sent the proper info to realise my shipment and 100's of others who are also part of the same lot stuck waiting on your " Master Airway Bill"  So no, it is not with in the " shipping window".  And after reviewing all of these posts this is a very common issue that you have with your shipping. I have never had this issue with any other items I have ordered from China.  You need to put ACCURATE real time shipping lead times on your orders instead of tricking people into thinking it will ship in one day..
2020-3-6
Use props
djiuser_7wpblvmtKAx7
lvl.1

United States

Hunter13rh Posted at 3-6 07:32
Customs does not normally take 1-3 days. I have spoken at length with Fedex. The delay is solely due to the fact that DJI did not provide the " Master Airway Bill" that is needed with and IPD shippment. My point being your website needs to be updated with the correct shipping timelines as it is misleading. When I placed my order it stated  1 Business day after payment it would Ship. It did not. It shipped 3 Business days after payment.  Then I was told via DJI chat it would take and additional 3-5 days to arrive  once it shipped. Well that did not happened.  I shipped on 03/02/2020 and it is not here yet 5 BUSINESS  days later.  Which means it will not get here until on Monday at the earliest which would be 6 BUSINESS days later. It is still in Memphis because DJI has not sent the proper info to realise my shipment and 100's of others who are also part of the same lot stuck waiting on your " Master Airway Bill"  So no, it is not with in the " shipping window".  And after reviewing all of these posts this is a very common issue that you have with your shipping. I have never had this issue with any other items I have ordered from China.  You need to put ACCURATE real time shipping lead times on your orders instead of tricking people into thinking it will ship in one day..

My mavic mini has been stuck in customs in Memphis since March 3rd.
2020-3-6
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hunter13rh Posted at 3-6 07:32
Customs does not normally take 1-3 days. I have spoken at length with Fedex. The delay is solely due to the fact that DJI did not provide the " Master Airway Bill" that is needed with and IPD shippment. My point being your website needs to be updated with the correct shipping timelines as it is misleading. When I placed my order it stated  1 Business day after payment it would Ship. It did not. It shipped 3 Business days after payment.  Then I was told via DJI chat it would take and additional 3-5 days to arrive  once it shipped. Well that did not happened.  I shipped on 03/02/2020 and it is not here yet 5 BUSINESS  days later.  Which means it will not get here until on Monday at the earliest which would be 6 BUSINESS days later. It is still in Memphis because DJI has not sent the proper info to realise my shipment and 100's of others who are also part of the same lot stuck waiting on your " Master Airway Bill"  So no, it is not with in the " shipping window".  And after reviewing all of these posts this is a very common issue that you have with your shipping. I have never had this issue with any other items I have ordered from China.  You need to put ACCURATE real time shipping lead times on your orders instead of tricking people into thinking it will ship in one day..

Hi Hunter13rh, we are terribly sorry for the inconvenience caused. I checked the status of your shipment, it seems still stucking in the custom, I will forward this situation to the related team again. If there is an update, we'll let you know.
2020-3-6
Use props
Hunter13rh
lvl.1
United States

This is the thing that just gets under my skin. They have not sent the right info with the shipment so customs is holding the whole shipment. They send over multiple shipments in a bulk shipment, once it arrives they are split up individually and dispersed  to each customer.  However, they did provide a " master air bill" think of it like a parent child relationship. Without that info if will not clear customs. Which it has been sitting at since Tuesday. There are literally hundreds of orders sitting with one  "bulk" shipment. And all DJI keeps telling me is that it is within there  normal shipping window.... which is crap and they keep changing the shipping time  frame.  When I placed my order it was 1  " business"  day to ship after payment, they changed that to 1-3  ' business" days to ship after payment.
At first it was 1-3  " business" for delivery from the day it shipped.  Then it was it takes 1-3 " business" days to clear customs. Now It went from 1-3   " business" days to 3-5  " business"days  for clearance from customs.
Above you can see they stated 1-3  " business" days for customs yet in chat posted below they are now saying 3-5 " business" days for customs.

And please be informed that the custom clearance usually takes 3-5 business days excluding Saturday and Sunday.
20:44
2020-3-7
Use props
Paget4444
New

United States

Looks like my order is part of this jumbled mess.... Came on here just looking for a contact of sorts to let know that there is an issue (now at a week since held up in customs), originally thinking it was just me, but wow.

Customs can be painful to deal with (trust me, my job makes me deal with them on a daily basis), but I've never had issues last longer than a couple days provided they are supplied with all of the necessary documentation, if not then it is solely on the supplier and the method of shipping that's used (bulk and distribute). Here's hoping some additional awareness can get some eyes to open up.
2020-3-9
Use props
mistrmatt266
New

United States

My Mavic Mini is stuck in Memphis as well. Really sucks I ordered it on the 26th of February and have a trip this Thursday (March 12th) going to las vegas to do Dune riding. I really wanted to use it but I guess I wont be able to if DJI doesn't do anything about this really soon.. Makes me think I should have ordered from Amazon with 1 day shipping.....
2020-3-9
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Paget4444 Posted at 3-9 09:58
Looks like my order is part of this jumbled mess.... Came on here just looking for a contact of sorts to let know that there is an issue (now at a week since held up in customs), originally thinking it was just me, but wow.

Customs can be painful to deal with (trust me, my job makes me deal with them on a daily basis), but I've never had issues last longer than a couple days provided they are supplied with all of the necessary documentation, if not then it is solely on the supplier and the method of shipping that's used (bulk and distribute). Here's hoping some additional awareness can get some eyes to open up.

We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused by the clearance delay, the required document has been provided and it shall be released very soon, appreciate your patience.
2020-3-9
Use props
Raine07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3185344 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-9 23:13
We are so sorry for the inconvenience caused by the clearance delay, the required document has been provided and it shall be released very soon, appreciate your patience.

My order has been stuck, sitting in Memphis customs for 8 days now. Ordered and paid on 2/26/20 Been sitting in Memphis since 3/3/20 Still waiting today 3/10/20
2020-3-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Raine07 Posted at 3-10 18:47
My order has been stuck, sitting in Memphis customs for 8 days now. Ordered and paid on 2/26/20 Been sitting in Memphis since 3/3/20 Still waiting today 3/10/20

Hi Raine07, sorry for the inconvenience. I have managed to get your order number via your forum account, your situation has been forwarded to our logistics team to follow up. If there is an update, we'll let you know. Thanks for your kind understanding.
2020-3-10
Use props
Raine07
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3185344 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 3-10 23:02
Hi Raine07, sorry for the inconvenience. I have managed to get your order number via your forum account, your situation has been forwarded to our logistics team to follow up. If there is an update, we'll let you know. Thanks for your kind understanding.

Thank you. It was released from customs this morning. 3/11/20
2020-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Raine07 Posted at 3-11 06:43
Thank you. It was released from customs this morning. 3/11/20

Yes, it is, hope you will receive the package soon.
2020-3-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

fans5d6364b0 Posted at 4-21 12:19
I placed my order the 16th thinking it would be here the 20th (according to dji) then it was updated to say 21st (that's fine) only now I realized, it has to do with dji not providing proper documents for customs clearance! Why is this still an issue! A company with 14k employees and over 2b dollars in revenue still has problems at customs? Very unprofessional.

Hi there, sorry to keep you waiting, your order was shipped timely per the estimated shipping time on DJI website and it usually takes 3-5 business days for the delivery, the whole time is expected to be delayed due to COVID-19 and traffic control. The weekend was included during the customs clearance which may extend the process, sorry for any inconvenience caused and appreciate your patience and understanding.
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_mLjxDESiGIkC
New

United States

Mine has been stuck in Memphis TN customs for 6 days now. Order number 0017985350755
2020-7-2
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_mLjxDESiGIkC Posted at 7-2 09:32
Mine has been stuck in Memphis TN customs for 6 days now. Order number 0017985350755

Affected by the COVID-19, the customs clearance time is expected to be delayed, sorry for the inconvenience caused. Upon checking your order, it has been released and departed FedEx location in MEMPHIS, TN, it shall be delivered soon, appreciate your understanding and patience. Hope you will receive it soon.
2020-7-3
Use props
djiuser_RewxBmm5QLhE
lvl.1
United States

Good Morning DJI... My Order Number:0013580402944 Is stuck in Customs.  I don't like the horror stories I have been reading in this FORUM.  Can you also make sure that my order has the proper paperwork. I need to get this in and was told that my order was going to be before Dec. 15th. I need this item for a job I was hired to do.  -Steve
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

djiuser_RewxBmm5QLhE Posted at 12-9 02:42
Good Morning DJI... My Order Number:0013580402944 Is stuck in Customs.  I don't like the horror stories I have been reading in this FORUM.  Can you also make sure that my order has the proper paperwork. I need to get this in and was told that my order was going to be before Dec. 15th. I need this item for a job I was hired to do.  -Steve

Hi Steve, rest assured, we will keep an eye on the shipping status of your package until you receive it.
2020-12-9
Use props
AppleChop
lvl.1
United States

DJI Susan Posted at 12-9 04:58
Hi Steve, rest assured, we will keep an eye on the shipping status of your package until you receive it.

I feel better,   it's moving again.  I hope Customs does not rip it apart and loose pieces.
2020-12-9
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

AppleChop Posted at 12-9 10:43
I feel better,   it's moving again.  I hope Customs does not rip it apart and loose pieces.

Yes, the customs clearance issue has been resolved and the tracking information has been updated. Hope you will receive it soon.
2020-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules