Software bug or some error on my side?
1044 7 2020-3-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Type444
lvl.1
Flight distance : 133848 ft
Russia

Yesterday, I was flying my Mavic Mini and up until the end everything seemed fine. I tried to land my drone in the end of the flight, but instead of this I got "Sensor Error" lost on my RC and Mavic uncontrollably went into a wall at full speed and crashed, resulting in a broken arm. I tried to pull sticks in other direction, but it just didnt listen to my controls. So, my question is, has anybody experienced anything simillar to the given situation, if so is this a software error or did I do something wrong?Also, has anybody tried gluing arms of the drone back together? Will it affect flight capabilities and drone geometry strongly, or is it ok as a quick solution?

Flight logs: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/EHEMBBM8AT8CA07ZVQVR/#
2020-3-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Type444. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your previous flight with your DJI Mavic Mini and thank you for reaching. This is not the experience we want you to have with your DJI Mavic Mini. Since there was a crash that happened to the said drone. Kindly please contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav. We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution would be provided. Again I am sorry for the incident and thank you for your support.
2020-3-10
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Looking at your log, it becomes clear that from your position on the ground gps was being blocked out, beginning of your flight was in atti mode for just over 3 minutes, although numbers of sats shown was 7/9 you actually had no lights shown on graph.
This tells me that where you launched from gps was being blocked, you can see as you gained altitude you gps was stronger and you could fly, at certain times you lost gps for very short periods, but when you reached near home and were landing your craft went back into atti mode at approx 18.57 this again was shown in log by the graph lights going to zero, and although you were still showing numbers 8/9 you really had no gps and craft was in atti mode, making craft very sensitive to stick movements which I think caused craft to shoot off into the wall.

I’m not sure if you were under the impression that you were in atti mode but it should have been showing in your telemetry.

It was lack of gps most likely caused by buildings blocking satellites that caused low to none gps and resulted in crash in atti mode .
2020-3-10
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

Look at where I draw the vertical yellow line. That is where GPS was fully lost to the point the mini switched to ATTI mode a bit later. Also, I reckon it is when the impact happened at the end of the graph occurred, the last 100% input in pitch and throttle were indicating you pulled back and down in an attempt to avoid the wall.
The green trace is VPS altitude and it was not always working shortly before you crashed. It means the VPS camera is looking at a bad surface below and cannot help with position locking, hence you are in atti mode. I think the most direct issue here for you is you did not have a reliable VPS signal which is what assists which hover precision when GPS is not at its best, especially true for indoor flight. Your drone drifted to the wall which you were not prepared for. The other issue is that your took a flight when GPS is not working.

Go have your drone checked. Replace the arm and anything else damaged. Try to follow standard procedures in the future. You can read about them in the manual.
Capture.JPG
2020-3-10
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Much of your flight was carried out with no GPS and so no horizontal position holding which would have meant the Mini had no brakes when GPS reception was bad.
Your Mini's GPS health was zero for a lot of the flight and from 19:08.7 until the end of the flight record.
The crash happened at 19:39.5.
Most of your joystick inputs in the time just before the crash were full-stick (on 3 axes) which is unwise when the drone is close to an obstacle and has no brakes and will continue sliding in the air when you go hands-off.
The flight data shows the drone's speed as only 3.9 metres/sec at the time of the crash.
Data from slightly after the crash impact is unreliable because of the impact on sensors, and should be ignored.

Your flight was low in an area close to tall buildings which would have blocked much of the sky and prevented the GPS receiver in the Mini from getting good GPS reception.
This shows the critical data at the time of the crash (19:39.5)
Note the full stick joystick inputs for Aileron, Elevator, Rudder and Throttle as well as GPS Health is zero

SP-1.jpg
2020-3-10
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would not try to glue it back although I have NO experience trying that. However, this video may help:

Or:  

2020-3-10
Use props
siowxsen
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1952359 ft
Malaysia

GaryDoug Posted at 3-10 18:06
I would not try to glue it back although I have NO experience trying that. This video may help: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UJWG67_tIrI

nice...............
2020-3-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12401030 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

If only 'pilots' checked the basics before starting a flight.....

43 Hihg warning, 84 Low warnings, 167 messages.....

ID         Warning High
25         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
47         GPS signal weak. Switched to Attitude mode. Aircraft unable to hover. Fly with caution
55         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
611         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
637         GPS signal weak. Switched to Attitude mode. Aircraft unable to hover. Fly with caution
641         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1079         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1090         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1204         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1229         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1234         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution | GPS signal weak. Switched to Attitude mode. Aircraft unable to hover. Fly with caution
1250         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1410         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1429         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1460         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1470         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1529         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1538         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1567         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1690         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
1700         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
2000         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution
2010         Aircraft in Attitude mode. Unable to hover. Fly with caution