996 9 2020-3-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Durlano
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90453 ft
North Macedonia

Hello Pilots!

I just wanted to share my simple_basic_5minutes design for "sleeves" for the propellers on Mavic mini...

Intro:
From the moment of having the Mavic Mini Combo I didn't liked the way how propellers are moving everywhere when removing and especially when putting back the drone in the case.
In order to solve this I have ordered two designs of propeller holders, hard plastic ones, as well as rubbery ones. Well, it didn't work for me. The rubbery ones are two tight and I didn't want to put any stress to the fragile leg design. The hard plastic came with one loosed that fits without any strain - it is just as cap and I use it for the top propellers. The other one for the down facing propellers is two tight and also didn't fit completely in the case. For that I have created very simple paper sleeves for the propellers.

Design:

I just used simple thin paper (in my case gift wrap paper ) folded in the middle and ends connected and glued with simple paper glue tape.

The dimension is: 4 cm width (when folded in the middle gives 2 cm - roughly the width of folded propellers) and 5 cm long.

Cut the paper with the width of 4cm length of 11-12 cm, fold in the middle, connect the ends with paper glue tape, then cut the ends to get even cut, cut two pieces of 5cm each, and trim edges as in pictures...

Hope it helps...

Take care....

Papper_cut_fold

Papper_cut_fold

Final_cut

Final_cut

Install

Install

Install

Install
2020-3-15
Use props
Ralle
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11289 ft
Finland

2020-3-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello and good day Durlano. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this very innovative accessory you have created for the DJI Mavic Mini. Great work and fly safe always. .
2020-3-15
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I admire your genius... personally I am quite practical. Once I cross the folded props I tie them together with velcro like (flattened) cable ties. Works great for me.
2020-3-15
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

Nice and simple case friendly prop sleeves. Good idea and thanks for sharing!
2020-3-15
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Excellent idea!
2020-3-15
Use props
Cal Evans
lvl.4
Flight distance : 85673 ft
United States

Very cool!
2020-3-15
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

I had the exact same reaction when I saw how thin the MM props are, and purchased both hard-plastic and rubber "prop savers" off eBay. Didn't like either type, so at the end I modded my MM case (another eBay purchase, not the official DJI case included in the Fly More Combo) so that the AC would basically rest on its body, putting no weight on the (bottom) props.  For the top props, I did cut out some foam  so that  the case lid would not push down on them directly.
2020-3-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Very creative.
2020-3-16
Use props
Woe
Captain