Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
feature suggestion: live tilt angle display
773 5 2020-3-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
oldhasbeen
lvl.4
Australia

I propose to add the tilt angle of the aircraft to the displayed live flight data.
It could look like 23 - 186. First number is peak tilt and second number is at which compass angle.
Once we know which tilt angle is present at a given wind speed we can:
Hover at any height and know immediately how strong the wind is and from which direction.
When flying we can then always know if not I understandhow hard the drone works to maintain speed.

2020-3-18
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, I will forward your suggestion to our engineers to notice.
2020-3-19
Use props
virtual
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

Good point, I agree
2020-3-19
Use props
120ccpm
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

I think this is what the MM does already, to warn  the pilot about strong winds: if it detects it needs to tilt substantially to maintain position, it displays the warning. But I like your idea... actually they could easily translate tilt (which might not resonate with many MM owners) into wind strength... some simple indicator green/yellow/red. Not sure they can do it accurately when the AC is moving, but  even if you have to hover for a couple seconds to get a reading, it would be useful.
2020-3-19
Use props
oldhasbeen
lvl.4
Australia

120ccpm Posted at 3-19 10:20
I think this is what the MM does already, to warn  the pilot about strong winds: if it detects it needs to tilt substantially to maintain position, it displays the warning. But I like your idea... actually they could easily translate tilt (which might not resonate with many MM owners) into wind strength... some simple indicator green/yellow/red. Not sure they can do it accurately when the AC is moving, but  even if you have to hover for a couple seconds to get a reading, it would be useful.

my point is that we would have always an "anemometer" in the sky. we would also know how hard the AC works and could fly safer.
This feature could be in all drones (I would like this in my p4p too). The current "high wind warning" is not bad but does not help to monitor wind strength and direction and plan accordingly.
2020-3-19
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Interesting comment... I hope for future drones to have a 360° bottom camera or some other camera for panning and outward (backwards) moving shots.
2020-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules