Estimated Delivery time???
4343 28 2015-6-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Hello everybody! I just purchased my first drone today and needless to say I went with the P3P. My question is how accurate or strict is DJI on their delivery estimations?  I purchased the kit that came with extra battery and new hard shell backpack. In addition I ordered a 3rd battery, props, prop gaurds(which I regret as I use to fly 3d helis so prob not necessary) and filter. Everything was purchased directly through DJI's store. Any idea if I may get it a bit earlier?  On the site now I believe it says something like the will ship it 15 day after payment confirmation. Also do you think everything will have the latest firmware?
2015-6-13
Use props
wiski23
lvl.2

New Zealand

Not sure but I think this companies customer service sucks. I also think if it states a shipping date then that should be the shipping date.

I ordered a hard shell back pack as it clearly stated "delivery 5-7 days from payment confirmation"....  Well that was 9 days ago and I still haven't heard anything & my order still States as PENDING. As I'm flying overseas in 2 weeks. I can only hope my order gets shipped
2015-6-13
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Yea. I'm not going to lie I have been reading all these post about not only their customer service but also how these things just seem to fall out of the sky on their own. I'm kinda worried now. How has it been flying for you?
2015-6-13
Use props
wiski23
lvl.2

New Zealand

wiski23 Posted at 2015-6-14 12:23
Not sure but I think this companies customer service sucks. I also think if it states a shipping dat ...

My p3 seems to be fine, In saying that, my inspire1 went from 40% battery to critical 5% over water. I managed to skid it on to a near by wharf by 1metre and less than 1% battery.

I'd rather drown a p3 then an i1
2015-6-13
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

wiski23 Posted at 2015-6-14 12:23
Not sure but I think this companies customer service sucks. I also think if it states a shipping dat ...

Yep - I did the same thing with batteries and props. Ordered early on 5/19 - money was obligated almost immediately. Still waiting to see something about shipping - it's now 6/14.
2015-6-14
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-6-14 12:32
Yea. I'm not going to lie I have been reading all these post about not only their customer service b ...

It is obviously difficult, if not impossible, to identify, investigate and solve any reported fly-away. However...

It's incredible how many stories of these incidents contain contradictions and/or statements that support something other than a fly-away. Like "...I was doing maneuvers..." and proceeds to describe wild stick movements. Or "...I was minding my own biz when my phantom disappeared behind a building....", etc., etc., etc.

I've also seen numerous posts where users run the battery power more or less down to the nub, hit the critical battery level warning (where the phantom immediately starts looking for a place to land) and then panic when the phantom starts either trying to RTH or to land.

When you hit the critical level, your bird may no longer have enough time to climb to the pre-set fail-safe altitude and fly to the correct position, then safely descend on the Home Point.

What else? People flying through steel bridges, around huge metal towers, hi-tension power lines, lose line-of-sight. A moderately common one I've seen several times already - user launches Phantom, climbs up about 100 feet, flies off to one side 20 - 30 feet, hits the RTH button and the phantom promptly descends immediately right where it is, slamming into a tree in the process. User is dumbfounded until arriving here and being informed "...if an RTH condition is encountered and the phantom is less than 65 feet (or is it meters?) away, instead of returning to the home point, it will land immediately."

The list goes on. and on. and on.

Have there really been some legitimate fly-aways? Probably. How many of the fly-aways took place in environments where the manual cautions use - neighborhoods loaded with WiFi signals - near radio/tv towers, near cell towers....blah, blah, blah.

I truly "feel" for those who have lost their Phantoms. Some reasonable caution can go a long way.
2015-6-14
Use props
joeglenn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 202156 ft
United States

I ordered 2 batteries on 5/16 and just got an email stating they shipped with tracking information.  Still waiting on my P3P to return from service but that is another story of wonderful customer service.  
2015-6-14
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

There seems to be no rhyme or reason on the shipping delays from DJI. Lots of people still waiting for their second battery as purchased in the extra battery package. The poster above ordered two batteries on 5/16 and received tracking info, while others still languish on.

I think you should give DJI two weeks from order and start hitting them up on the customer service chat and if you have the time, the phone.

The Chinese have an ability to be able to wait, since their history is based on dynasties not days, weeks, months or years. I think this carries thru to present day and commitment dates.

Caveat emptor.

I presently have a hard shell back pack on order, which has been in the Prepare status since Tuesday. As of this Tuesday, it will have been the 7th business day, so I'll see how well this sale works out.
2015-6-14
Use props
Hotwaterburns
lvl.1

United States

I'm just Appalled on how i came to order from the source itself and have to wait 20-25 days for shipping/Tracking number, plus another 3-5 days for actual delivery and none of this was ever stated when purchasing the my $1300 P3. if i would of known better i would of ordered mines through an authorized dealer or Ebay since i have friends that have ordered through those outlets and have already received there P3 and is enjoying there flight time, while i wait for 30 days for shipping on something i thought ordering through the company itself will ensure less headache!!! this is a joke. they cannot even tell me an estimate of delivery and i have somewhere to be in the next two weeks so i might not even be around to received the package.  Funny part is i would like to say F*#@ it and ask for a refund but if they are  this slow to deliver im scared it would take twice as long to get my $$ back so i can order from someone else. FML>>> ill probably get it in Mid-Winter probably just to say to myself " Early X-mas present" lol lmao.
2015-6-22
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Hotwaterburns Posted at 2015-6-23 02:40
I'm just Appalled on how i came to order from the source itself and have to wait 20-25 days for ship ...

They will refund you if you don't want to wait.  I told them that I may not be around during the pending shipping date and they immediately offered to refund me.  I told them that I would wait.
2015-6-22
Use props
Hotwaterburns
lvl.1

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-6-23 07:16
They will refund you if you don't want to wait.  I told them that I may not be around during the p ...

i paid through Paypal and usually when refunding through them it takes 9-10 business days to add the refunded funds to my account. the question is how long will it take DJI to send me the funds if its another 5-10 business days then i might as well take the chance on delivery per say
2015-6-22
Use props
Hotwaterburns
lvl.1

United States

does anyone have any idea if the 4k camera from a P3 professional  is a direct fit into a P3 Advance or do i need additional hardware or programing to be able to get it to work? friend of mines Puppy chewed through his P3 professional and only thing that survived was the 4K camera and i was thinking of asking him to give it to me.
2015-6-22
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Hotwaterburns Posted at 2015-6-23 13:24
does anyone have any idea if the 4k camera from a P3 professional  is a direct fit into a P3 Advance ...

The camera will bea direct fit. You'll need the gimbal with the camera. Don't know what's going to go on with the firmware though.

It quite possible that the gimbal/camera are the only differences and the the actual quad body is the same.

See if he wants to sell the transmitter. I'd be interested if so.

Has the puppy been sent to China for their annual festival of Eating of the Dogs yet?
2015-6-23
Use props
Hotwaterburns
lvl.1

United States

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-23 22:09
The camera will bea direct fit. You'll need the gimbal with the camera. Don't know what's going to ...

Thank you for the response , but as far as the puppy my friend rather loose a fifteen hundred investment then a 4k pup he paid for lol.lmao
2015-6-24
Use props
Michael M
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1984898 ft
Canada

gregg1r Posted at 2015-6-23 22:09
The camera will bea direct fit. You'll need the gimbal with the camera. Don't know what's going to ...

Whats with the racism bro?
2015-6-24
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

Michael M Posted at 2015-6-25 11:51

How is that racism?  They eat dog in China.  To them it is no different than us eating pig.  Now try watching an episode of Bizarre Foods and stop being a part of the P.C. plague.  People get offended (or at least act like it) so easily now that they don't even know when things are offensive.
2015-6-24
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

Michael M Posted at 2015-6-25 11:51

At the beginning of this week, The Daily Mail out of the UK has been reporting on the summer solice Yulin Dog Meat festival.

Look it up.
2015-6-25
Use props
royalcub
New

United States

I ordered the same package from dji website on June 12th and my order is still on pending. I saw on eBay a hobby shop selling the same package saying P3P ships today, extra battery and backpack ships July 9th. Tempted to cancel but will wait 15-20 working days. If a dji rep is monitoring this I would accept the p3p now and my other package items shipped at a later date.  
2015-6-25
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

royalcub Posted at 2015-6-25 23:24
I ordered the same package from dji website on June 12th and my order is still on pending. I saw on  ...

Let me know when your status changes and I'll let you know when mine does. That way we can see how accurate the 15-20 working day estimate plays out.
2015-6-25
Use props
vu.q.le
Banned

United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2015-6-25
Use props
mack_greene
lvl.1

United States

I have a battery and props on order for my P3A since May 29, still no word, even though DJI charged my PayPal account when I placed the order.
2015-6-25
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

I find it funny how many people on here whine about the delay. I'm sure DJI doesn't like the fact that they are not shipping these things out by crate full anymore than we like waiting. Now I know the retort to this is gonna be "ya but they have are money", but once again do you really think their plan is to sit on our money, ship slowly, and get bad press. Chinese or American they are out for Money, Great Product, and Reputation. I'm sure they are working hard. That is why everyone wants one, because they are the best. Just chill out and be patient.  Do you really want them to rush a drone worth over 1k?
2015-6-25
Use props
royalcub
New

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-6-26 01:15
Let me know when your status changes and I'll let you know when mine does. That way we can see how ...

OK...I'll let you know when my status changes. Soon I hope.
2015-6-25
Use props
royalcub
New

United States

Let me know when your status changes and I'll let you know when mine does. That way we can see how ...

I cancelled my order for the P3P bundle today. Had no problems waiting but looking at reviews I could see an advantage from buying locally (within the USA) for warranty and service work. Also I upgraded to an Inspire 1 bundle and talked to the dealer and he could ship it out today.
2015-6-29
Use props
jhall651
lvl.3

United States

royalcub Posted at 2015-6-30 04:35
I cancelled my order for the P3P bundle today. Had no problems waiting but looking at reviews I co ...

Oh wow! What all did you get, who did you get it from and what did it run you if you don't mind me asking?  Maybe I will do the same.
2015-6-29
Use props
royalcub
New

United States

I canceled my order for the P#P after ordering an Inspire 1 bundle from DronesEtc.com. I sent a dispute through PayPal as my attempts to contact DJI was not going well. They responded to my email which should be of some interest to you. DJI responded to my email and said my order would ship on or before July 11th. I ordered the P3P bundle on June 12th. I've included that email in this post.

Storeagent02 (DJI)
Jun 30, 13:22
Thank you for contacting DJI online store.
As the demand for the Phantom 3 combo is so high that our production capacity can hardly live up to, the turnover
time of this combo is quite long.
Please kindly see attached. On the website, it also states that it normally takes 15 to 20 business days
to ship the Phantom 3 combo.
It is estimated that your order will be shipped before July 11th.However, as you have filed PayPal dispute, the order has been held by the system and will not be shipped any more.
Can you please cancel the dispute? If not, we have no option but to cancel your order and process refund.
We will appreciate a lot if you can kindly understand that.

Best Regards
DJI Online Store
2015-6-30
Use props
royalcub
New

United States

jhall651 Posted at 2015-6-30 09:16
Oh wow! What all did you get, who did you get it from and what did it run you if you don't mind me ...

I paid $3699 for the dual remotes, extra battery, a gopro case, some additional items, and the case that came with the DJI package. The Inspire 1 with one remote was $2899. I got it at DronesEtc.com. They have Phantom 3's in stock. Their ad says IN STOCK READY TO SHIP SAME DAY IF ORDERED BY 2PM MST
**Case Ships End of July
http://dronesetc.com/collections ... -hardshell-backpack

I bought the DJI Inspire 1 Dual Remote - Bundle with Case. I ordered it yesterday and had a tracking number the same day and it will be here Friday by UPS Ground.
http://dronesetc.com/collections/inspire-2
2015-6-30
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

My 1st P3P took 13 days to be shipped….I ordered my second P3P 3 days ago and it has already been shipped. They must be finally catching up with the demand.
2015-6-30
Use props
DANISBET
New
United States

I finally canceled my order. To many complaints about delivery. Order from Amazon and get it the next day if you really want to do business with DJI
2017-11-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules