Mavic 2 automatic NR
720 4 2020-3-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Francis
lvl.4
Flight distance : 774203 ft
Brazil

Hello i found lotos of  confusion information about automatic noise reduction on Mavic 2 series. As mavic 1 has an automatic noise reduction, many people think that  mavic 2 has the same feature. On mavic 1 you have to set picture sharpness to +1 to disable the onboard NR. But the mavic 2 serieis dont have NR. I wrote to DJI asking about it. So this is the replying.

“Hi Francis,

Thank you for contacting DJI Technical Support.

In regards to your inquiry, please kindly note that there is no automatic drone onboard noise reduction feature on Mavic 2 Series, so you do not have to always set the parameters.
As a experienced pilot, you must know that the careme parameters need to be set when shooting at different environment and times. So, to gruranteen the best effect of the photos/videos, you can try setting the parameters by yourself “
2020-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Just record in iso 100/400 and you should see very little noise, if you’re going to shoot in higher iso then noise will come into you’re footage.
2020-3-20
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 3-20 08:39
Just record in iso 100/400 and you should see very little noise, if you’re going to shoot in higher iso then noise will come into you’re footage.

Yes it is. Even analog film has the same behavior. But it calls grain not noise. My post is not about it. It is about a drone onboard feature calling automatic  noise reduction. Mavic 1 has such feature but Mavic 2 don t. It is a very good state to me. Many people complains about NR on mavic 1

Im from Brazil and my english is not the best. Sorry for the difficult  to understand what i mean. I ll try to do better.
2020-3-20
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Francis Posted at 3-20 08:55
Yes it is. Even analog film has the same behavior. But it calls grain not noise. My post is not about it. It is about a drone onboard feature calling automatic  noise reduction. Mavic 1 has such feature but Mavic 2 don t. It is a very good state to me. Many people complains about NR on mavic 1

Im from Brazil and my english is not the best. Sorry for the difficult  to understand what i mean. I ll try to do better.

Your right it doesn’t and in most cameras that do have it photographers will turn it off, because it’s useless and reducing noise by recording in lower iso will produce much better results , you can also reduce noise in post.
Using this NR only served to delay the buffer in your camera .
2020-3-20
Use props
Francis
lvl.4
Brazil

hallmark007 Posted at 3-20 09:03
Your right it doesn’t and in most cameras that do have it photographers will turn it off, because it’s useless and reducing noise by recording in lower iso will produce much better results , you can also reduce noise in post.
Using this NR only served to delay the buffer in your camera .

Yes. It is a good news that mavic 2 series don t have it. But if you search about M2 NR you won t find a trusted information. Many states M2 NR like M1 onboard feature. But it is not. So i got the right information from who really knows about it or should knows about: DJI.  Im happy they  cut off this feature on M2.
2020-3-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules