MM disconnects from RC and does not reconnect
639 8 2020-3-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Conor_mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121686 ft
Ireland

So today, my MM was within 35metre of my RC and within line of sight, a clear day and no wind. It randomly disconnected from the RC and would not reconnect. I could see the aircraft in the distance in the air and I walk over but no it still didn't reconnect. I closed the App and reopened it and still nothing. I then tried the move the drone and low and behold I was able to control it, even without screen visuals or the app telling me any info (other than cannot find aircraft or whatever).
I dropped the aircraft down within 1 metre of me thinking it would reconnect at some point, nope. I eventually landed and had to restart the RC and aircraft before it would reconnect.

I thought it was a one off but annoying it happened again 15 minute later when I went up again.

Any idea's what this could be? I do find my range is pretty poor and below my expectations since I bought this but this is also very concerning.

I can upload flight data if it helps.
2020-3-23
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Is it at all possible, you got hit with a double wammy?
Maybe wifi interference, and the device you were using just plain and simply crashed the app?
Logs would help..
2020-3-23
Use props
Conor_mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 121686 ft
Ireland

Hi Flycaster, the app didn't crash from what I can see. It never closed or stop responding, I could still click on any setting on the app also.

Here is flight data

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/T387PXGSOF1WOM0J9CPB
2020-3-23
Use props
Mashroomhut
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2760791 ft
Poland

Hi, Conor_mavic!
Could it be that the RC has lost the connection to your cellphone? Like lose cable connection or no contact in the USB socket in your Phone?
You wrote you Could still control the MM via RC.
2020-3-23
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

My App crashed today (first time), but I restarted it on the fly (control remained)
2020-3-23
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I am dealing with the same exact issue. I've lost my 1st Mini exactly for this reason.

I am still dealing with the issue... DJI is still investigating my logs from the beginning of March... they go on by very delayed answers and they always say "rest assured we're reviewing the logs"... I've already paid myself for a new Mini w/ battery, new Remote cable... they're still IGNORING MY REQUESTs.

What MD are you on? I have a Samsung S9+.
2020-3-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Conor_mavic Posted at 3-23 11:58
Hi Flycaster, the app didn't crash from what I can see. It never closed or stop responding, I could still click on any setting on the app also.

Here is flight data

Because it didn’t close doesn't  necessarily mean it wasn’t operating, I’m not sure what you were using on the app but nothing shows in your log but most likely it was working, it’s almost certain looking at your log and all stick movements and corresponding movements of the drone Shows that RC was always connected, if it wasn’t your craft would have gone to Rth mode, and equally with Mavic mini if you lost app it will also Rth .

If you want to check Rth is working correctly, just simply fly craft out past 20m and turn off RC your craft will go into Rth . This failsafe setting is in your drone not your remote and is auto .
2020-3-23
Use props
HedgeTrimmer
First Officer
United States

Possible a bad RC or drone.  

Seen something similar sometime back with Mavic Pro system.  Stopping and starting App, Rebooting SmartDevice didn't help.  Had to powercycle RC and Reboot SmartDevice.  

Think I sent both RC and Mavic Pro P in, and DJI repaired/replaced both for problem.

2020-3-23
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

In my case I can report the same happens with the replacement drone. Previously I've found an user on this forum w/ similar issue and was given a RC swap and he was still experiencing the same issue. Wonder if it's device related but I can manage to have the Device linked with PC no problem, data transfer going on... wiggling the cable and connectors in every way possible, no problem.

I simply don't know where to bang my head against.  DJI is absconding from me and my request... I'll ask again for an update but my confidence is at the lowest.
2020-3-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules