Some guys are total douchebags
1161 8 2015-6-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gunjr
lvl.2

United States

Some people are total a-holes. Catastrophe avoided.

2015-6-14
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Two things I see here:
1. You were flying a bit close and appear to going over them.
2. That guy could have hurt someone with the object thrown.
3. Had he hit you it could have cost you dearly in equipment and also possibly crash into someone injuring them.
Best answer - keep away - there's always one out there.
2015-6-14
Use props
GrahamJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Just don't fly over people, mate.....  Damn...
2015-6-14
Use props
talk2t_c
lvl.4

France

Looks like mankind is going back to where they evolved from - the water.  It looks very boring down there.  Get out and find some peace and quiet and take some good footage.
2015-6-14
Use props
nilsblix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23047543 ft
  • >>>
Spain

This is scary - I had a similar experience when filming the beach one morning. I was flying over the water filming the waves and houses of the shore. This was early in the morning and a father and his son was on  the shore fishing. The young boy took a large stone and throw against my Phantom - he nearly hit me - missed maybe by 10 cm. I would like to talk with them but as I do not speak their language I just landed and went home. Scary scary.
2015-6-14
Use props
SAFAERIALS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 93146 ft
Dominican Republic

I wanted to see the video but they removed it!
2015-6-14
Use props
chris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 242247 ft
United States

Can you upload the video again, not there
2015-6-14
Use props
Atlas
lvl.3

United States

Perhaps he is angry because tonight is the Game of Thrones Season Finale?  
I mean, he's going to wait another 10 months ;)

2015-6-14
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Hey forum-

I'm pretty sure the video was taken down for a couple of reasons. If I may...

The video depicted an aerial platform (presumably a P series or Inspire) flying approximately 30-40ft above a long line of boats at a lake. Said boats and surrounding waters were occupied by lots of 'lake lizards'. During the course of the flight, someone hurled what looked like a beer bottle at the pilots bird, nearly missing it.

Now, if you ask me, I'd say the name calling originator of this post most likely realized his erroneous ways and the fact he had just posted himself committing an act that would not only put him on the hook for serious ridicule by fellow pilots, but could land him a hefty fine from the FAA. Perhaps he should accept the 'near miss' as sign from the Karma Fairy and take the time to read up on some basic safety literature.  

Nothing like posting yourself committing an offense. He was right about one thing though..."Some guys are total douche-bags."

Humbly,
-S.N.
2015-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules