14041 14 2020-3-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jrlebowitz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 90860 ft
United States

Hello,

How has anyone been able to successfully add Local Music to their videos WITHOUT Apple Music?  The App offers AirDrop or WeChat/QQ as the only other options, but I am not able to "Copy to DJI Fly" when receiving a music file/recording via AirDrop.  

I have also tried sharing the local file from "Files", the iOS file explorer, but the option is not displayed. As an Android/Windows user in the past that now uses iOS, I'm not surprised how difficult it is to share a file since I can't just copy/paste it into the DJI Fly directory.  

Is this an App issue or user error?

Thanks for any help!

2020-3-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You want to edit in the app?
2020-3-31
Use props
jrlebowitz
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-31 07:43
You want to edit in the app?

Yes. The DJI Fly App has a section to add your own Local Music, and I am trying to use it. I haven't tried other video editing software yet.
2020-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

jrlebowitz Posted at 3-31 07:45
Yes. The DJI Fly App has a section to add your own Local Music, and I am trying to use it. I haven't tried other video editing software yet.

I never used that.
But my bet is you can add files that are on your phone.
It might be a bit hard on ios to add other files, but it is possible.
2020-3-31
Use props
jrlebowitz
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-31 07:54
I never used that.
But my bet is you can add files that are on your phone.
It might be a bit hard on ios to add other files, but it is possible.

Thanks for responding. This is what I've been trying to do.

All of the existing forum posts, manuals and instructional videos online advertise that you can, because DJI says you can, but I need someone that can speak from experience.

I know how to use the app, "Add Music", select "Local" and select between the available options including receiving files with AirDrop, WeChat/QQ, and iTunes, but none allow me to "Copy to DJI Fly" in the iOS app with my own downloaded music mp3 file, audio recording (MPEG4), etc. I'm sure it would be easier in Android, but I have the iPhone/iPad app.
2020-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

jrlebowitz Posted at 3-31 07:58
Thanks for responding. This is what I've been trying to do.

All of the existing forum posts, manuals and instructional videos online advertise that you can, because DJI says you can, but I need someone that can speak from experience.

Do you have local music on your iPhone / iPad?
2020-3-31
Use props
jrlebowitz
lvl.1
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 3-31 08:33
Do you have local music on your iPhone / iPad?

Yes, I have local music saved on my devices.
2020-3-31
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

jrlebowitz Posted at 3-31 08:37
Yes, I have local music saved on my devices.

That is strange then. It should see it.
Are you using the Go4 app?
2020-3-31
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi there, you may try to import the mp3 music file, please first open the mp3 file > Open in Other App > More, you should be able to find DJI Fly in Suggestions. After that, the file will be imported to the DJI Fly app.
2020-4-1
Use props
jrlebowitz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 4-1 02:32
Hi there, you may try to import the mp3 music file, please first open the mp3 file > Open in Other App > More, you should be able to find DJI Fly in Suggestions. After that, the file will be imported to the DJI Fly app.

Thank you. This is the most helpful, instructional response I've received yet. I have figured out the issue. The DJI App, or Apple/iOS file association, only recognizes "*.mp3" files. It does not recognize MPEG4, MP4, or any other audio format. As such, I was only able to load a self-generated mp3 music file that I loaded onto my Google Drive or Dropbox before I could open it, or "Copy to" the DJI Fly App.

This was not indicated anywhere else I could find on the web, so now we have an answer. Hoping DJI considers updating the file association so other types of audio files can be recognized by the app.
2020-4-1
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

jrlebowitz Posted at 4-1 07:42
Thank you. This is the most helpful, instructional response I've received yet. I have figured out the issue. The DJI App, or Apple/iOS file association, only recognizes "*.mp3" files. It does not recognize MPEG4, MP4, or any other audio format. As such, I was only able to load a self-generated mp3 music file that I loaded onto my Google Drive or Dropbox before I could open it, or "Copy to" the DJI Fly App.

This was not indicated anywhere else I could find on the web, so now we have an answer. Hoping DJI considers updating the file association so other types of audio files can be recognized by the app.

Yes, I had forwarded the case that other types of music are unable to be recognized by DJI FLY app to our engineers to notice.
Good to hear that you had figured it out, currently, you may import the MP3 format file for editing. Thank you.
2020-4-2
Use props
djiuser_BvDYpPCeilLi
New

Belgium

And how it works with Apple Music? I have it on my device but cannot use it with DJI Fly...
2020-9-12
Use props
djiuser_3SfL3DzORy77
New

Germany

Hey, finnaly i did it! So I download music from this page,free-mp3-download.net. then you got your song in folder download in i cloud drive, you have to copy this file to my i pad/dji fly folder/inbox itunes/then hold this file and take open with dji fly and than you should have this song in import files in dji app
2021-8-2
Use props
mendo
lvl.3

United States

If you want to add Apple Music to your DJI video, then you can use the DRmare Apple Music Converter to convert your Apple Music files as local audio files first. Then you can move Apple Music to your video as BGM without any limit.
2021-12-15
Use props
djiuser_448PdvRGMVwB
New

Jamaica

jrlebowitz Posted at 2020-4-1 07:42
Thank you. This is the most helpful, instructional response I've received yet. I have figured out the issue. The DJI App, or Apple/iOS file association, only recognizes "*.mp3" files. It does not recognize MPEG4, MP4, or any other audio format. As such, I was only able to load a self-generated mp3 music file that I loaded onto my Google Drive or Dropbox before I could open it, or "Copy to" the DJI Fly App.

This was not indicated anywhere else I could find on the web, so now we have an answer. Hoping DJI considers updating the file association so other types of audio files can be recognized by the app.

Thanks so much for this!
Helped me too.
2023-2-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules