DJI MINI Connection issue
606 13 2020-3-31
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ganesh_g_hegde
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115755 ft
India

I have been using DJI mini from past 4 months - i live in Bengaluru India but recently i am facing the connection issue. As sson as the drone crosses 90feet it gives me error as the RC connection lost - i have to disconnect and reconnect it again this has happened several times and i have reinstalled the app both on android and the ios devices. anyone could help me do let me know.
2020-3-31
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

You mean the drone is still under your control and to regain Mobile Device feedback you have to disonnect/reconnect the cable ?

I begin to believe this kind of incident might be port related or cable related.
2020-3-31
Use props
ganesh_g_hegde
lvl.1
India

The drone looses connection it will be just hovering in mid air and I will have no access and after multiple times of disconnecting and reconnect the remote it automatically starts to return home after the drone comes back to 80 feet or below only then I will regain connection.
2020-3-31
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi there, sorry to hear the issue with your drone. Could you please record a video or provide us a screenshot of the error shows in your DJI FLY APP? We'd like to help you check it. At the same time, please try to refresh the firmware for the aircraft and the remote controller, change the flight environment to check if the issue persists or not. Thanks.
2020-4-1
Use props
ganesh_g_hegde
lvl.1
India

Thank you will do the smae
2020-4-28
Use props
ganesh_g_hegde
lvl.1
India

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-1 02:26
Hi there, sorry to hear the issue with your drone. Could you please record a video or provide us a screenshot of the error shows in your DJI FLY APP? We'd like to help you check it. At the same time, please try to refresh the firmware for the aircraft and the remote controller, change the flight environment to check if the issue persists or not. Thanks.

Hello Again,

I tried both i city and country side where there is less wifi interference- but i am still getting the same issue as soon as drone crosses 80ft height the signal starts getting delayed and soon it disconnects.
2020-5-19
Use props
ganesh_g_hegde
lvl.1
India

i have updated the firmware of both the mini, rc and the dji fly app - the blow is screenshot and video of the issue that i keep facing.
2020-5-19
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ganesh_g_hegde Posted at 5-19 02:16
i have updated the firmware of both the mini, rc and the dji fly app - the blow is screenshot and video of the issue that i keep facing.[view_image]

The transmission distance is significantly reduced in busy urban environments like the one in your image.

Make sure you have the antenna correctly pointed at the drone, also it's not advised to fly straight up as the antenna are in the legs of the drone so need an angle to get the best signal.

Edit - by the way your image shows 90m which is 300ft. The legal height limit in most parts of the world is 120m (400ft) so your not far off that
2020-5-19
Use props
ganesh_g_hegde
lvl.1
India

Agreed but I keep getting the same error when I fly outside city as well. And I don't fly staring up
I take it out atleast 15 to 20feet away horizontally and then try to take it up. Whatever I do it doesn't even cross 95feet. Please help
2020-5-19
Use props
itchyeyeballs
lvl.4
United Kingdom

ganesh_g_hegde Posted at 5-19 03:33
Agreed but I keep getting the same error when I fly outside city as well. And I don't fly staring up
I take it out atleast 15 to 20feet away horizontally and then try to take it up. Whatever I do it doesn't even cross 95feet. Please help

Are you correctly aligning your antenna?

https://www.letusdrone.com/best- ... for-your-dji-drone/

Also, can you confirm 95 feet or 95 meters? big difference.
2020-5-19
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

I think you must be very accurate troubleshooting this problem because if the drone stops mid air hovering without taking any action after 11 seconds have elapsed, it means it's still receiving the RC signal, but you're not getting any feedback and most probably the drone can be still controlled with user input. However I believe it's not your case.

If the drone stops mid air and doesn't do anything (unless set for hover if loss of signal) it could be a problem Aircraft related and it should indicate en error through the tail LED indicator. I still believe this isn't your problem.

When you say disconnecting the remote you mean disconnecting the cable that goes from the MD to your RC or do you mean you turn off your RC and turn it back on again ?

It might be an RC related problem, remote or cable ralated, wrongly announced by the Fly app, hence my demand if disconnecting the RC cable and plugging it back in brings everything back to a functioning state.

Still I can't rule out the AUTO channel selection at power-on picking an unsuitable frequency/channel. You may want to try MANUAL.
2020-5-19
Use props
ganesh_g_hegde
lvl.1
India

m80116 Posted at 5-19 04:43
I think you must be very accurate troubleshooting this problem because if the drone stops mid air hovering without taking any action after 11 seconds have elapsed, it means it's still receiving the RC signal, but you're not getting any feedback and most probably the drone can be still controlled with user input. However I believe it's not your case.

If the drone stops mid air and doesn't do anything (unless set for hover if loss of signal) it could be a problem Aircraft related and it should indicate en error through the tail LED indicator. I still believe this isn't your problem.

I checked the log it's in meters so as soon as I cross 85 meters I start getting the error as RC not connected. I have angled the antena correctly and I directly don't fly the drone up. As soon as the RC not connected message pops there is no way of me getting the drone back and after 10 seconds the drone starts to decend and if comes under 70meter the RC connects back.
I have tried removing the cable and putting back it only works in the drone is under 70 meters.
So how I can make sure that there is no connection loss.

FYI I have tried this both android and iphone and the issue is still the same.

2020-5-21
Use props
Bloodied_Mini
lvl.4
Flight distance : 145361 ft
Malaysia

90 m going up even with 10-15 ft forward distance will present very small antenna profile of your MM regardless of how you adjust the antenna on your remote control. Suggest you fly about 50-100m forward then increase your height. You should be able to fly higher.

Watch the video below and hope it helps:

https://youtu.be/P7M9JtfVwQE
2020-5-21
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Italy

Absolutely right @Bloodied_Mini, I think you should try that @ganesh_g_hegde, vary the AC altitude.

I suspect you live (or operate) in a highly interfered (very busy) frequency airspace, but with time and trial and errors I am sure you can find a suitable frequency and channel (use MANUAL) that gets you further away and  hopefully varying your flight altitude would yield even more range.
2020-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules