New feature: annoying/distracting people even more
2160 17 2020-4-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mizzu
Second Officer
Flight distance : 431873 ft
Germany

I'll keep it short: Is there an option to turn off the "new feature" that the Smartphone starts vibrating non stop as soon as there's a wind warning?
I'm already annoyed as hell from the loud beeping alert when the Batteries fall down to 20%. No need to annoy even more and sucking my Smartphones Batteries empty due to constant vibrating because of wind.

BtW: I watched my footage today the first time on a TV that can acutally handle the resolution (Since my own TV is more than 15 years old and my Monitor can only handle 1920x1080) and I have to say, now I'm really satisfied with the Quality!
Before I watched this today, I was thinking "yeah, well, it looks OK. Not bad", but now I'm really happy with it. No need for 4k for me personally.

Anyways, this was off-topic.
2020-4-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I haven't found an option to turn off the vibration either.  It is a good reminder, but it should only vibrate once and then cease.  
2020-4-5
Use props
Ice_2k
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1132575 ft
Romania

+1, it’s annoying AF. Someone said that tapping the alert disables the vibration for a while but I didn’t get a chance to test it. I took a timelapse a few days ago with the drone hovering 10m about my yard and it droge me crazy with vibration every 5 seconds... for 20 freakin’ minutes...
2020-4-5
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I kind of agree... vibration toggle switch should be very hard to find but possible to activate. I take Strong Wind Warnings very seriously already.
2020-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

They’re couple of ways of looking at this, I read many around here complaining that wind was to strong and they never realized this, so dji have added redundancy to their craft now not only now do you get a screen warning but now vibration through RC, you ask is there any way to turn this off, it’s a redundancy in aviation redundancy is what the industry lives and dies by, 1/ you can do as warning asks Land Immediately, 2/ just touch screen and vibration will stop, if it comes back on then you are again flying in wind above the capabilities of the craft you’re flying.

I read on this thread some who complained bitterly to try get dji to increase pitch of craft so it might fly faster and user wouldn’t lose to the wind, a request with no foundation that it would work and it has been proven that it won’t work, but the same people are now complaining about a warning that could most likely save many craft.
I am convinced these people are only here to whine and threads like this encourage this because they are not thought out properly.

So in answer to your question, yes you can stop vibration, by simply tapping on the screen warning and doing something to vacate the conditions you’re flying in.

IMHO this is a pretty good redundancy, particularly for new users and is more likely to save more drones than any of the other ridiculous suggestions I’ve heard.
2020-4-5
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1644009 ft
United States

Once, flying into Boston Logan, I sat directly behind the cockpit.  On final, I could hear the audible promps  from the plane's avionics... PULL UP!  PULL UP!!  along what I took as "stick shake".

TMI!!!  

I can take promps from my Mini!
2020-4-5
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-5 06:33
They’re couple of ways of looking at this, I read many around here complaining that wind was to strong and they never realized this, so dji have added redundancy to their craft now not only now do you get a screen warning but now vibration through RC, you ask is there any way to turn this off, it’s a redundancy in aviation redundancy is what the industry lives and dies by, 1/ you can do as warning asks Land Immediately, 2/ just touch screen and vibration will stop, if it comes back on then you are again flying in wind above the capabilities of the craft you’re flying.

I read on this thread some who complained bitterly to try get dji to increase pitch of craft so it might fly faster and user wouldn’t lose to the wind, a request with no foundation that it would work and it has been proven that it won’t work, but the same people are now complaining about a warning that could most likely save many craft.

Fortunately I've only experienced the vibration on one recent flight and tapping on the screen did NOT stop the vibration.  I did immediately land the MM after getting the simultaneous screen warning and vibration.  I guess I'm going to have to download the App and reinstall it again to see if that will let me enable screen tap should it happen again in the future.  I agree it is a needed redundant safety feature but it is still a bit annoying when you have acknowledged it and commenced immediate landing.  

Stay safe and healthy hallmark.
2020-4-5
Use props
Mizzu
Second Officer
Germany

Ok, i will try if it stops. It would be great anyways to disable it completely in the options Menu. This warning method is just pure Overkill. I would rather remove my Vibration Motor out of my Phone instead to have this crap enabled permanently.

I agree that it is useful for beginners but seriously, even me with just 50 flight sessions so far doesn't need it because i pay a lot of attention to whats happening.
And the warning started today when the Mini was hovering 10 meters above me without having any trouble fighting the Wind.
2020-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Mizzu Posted at 4-5 07:33
Ok, i will try if it stops. It would be great anyways to disable it completely in the options Menu. This warning method is just pure Overkill. I would rather remove my Vibration Motor out of my Phone instead to have this crap enabled permanently.

I agree that it is useful for beginners but seriously, even me with just 50 flight sessions so far doesn't need it because i pay a lot of attention to whats happening.

I think it’s trying to say the wind is to strong for the craft, you in your wisdom believe it’s not, you’re the pilot it may be overkill as you see it, I do believe the low battery beeping could be lowered but not turned off .
2020-4-5
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

DowntownRDB Posted at 4-5 07:00
Fortunately I've only experienced the vibration on one recent flight and tapping on the screen did NOT stop the vibration.  I did immediately land the MM after getting the simultaneous screen warning and vibration.  I guess I'm going to have to download the App and reinstall it again to see if that will let me enable screen tap should it happen again in the future.  I agree it is a needed redundant safety feature but it is still a bit annoying when you have acknowledged it and commenced immediate landing.  

Stay safe and healthy hallmark.

It works for me on iOS I’m not sure about android .
2020-4-5
Use props
Mizzu
Second Officer
Germany

hallmark007 Posted at 4-5 07:46
I think it’s trying to say the wind is to strong for the craft, you in your wisdom believe it’s not, you’re the pilot it may be overkill as you see it, I do believe the low battery beeping could be lowered but not turned off .

However, my point was not to discuss about if this is useful or not but if it's possible to disable it.
I will try out the tapping on the screen next time. Thanks for the hint.
2020-4-5
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1644009 ft
United States

Flying on instruments

2020-4-5
Use props
WebParrot
First Officer
Flight distance : 23625 ft
  • >>>
United States

I saw this complaint on another forum (not DJI's). Suggestion was to turn off "notifications" on your flat screen device.  No first hand experience for me, I kind of enjoy the soothing hummmmmmm ...... hmmmmmmmmm ..... (etc.) It reminds me, "hey stupid, pay attention" :-)
2020-4-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I will report your feedback about the wind warning feature to our engineers to notice. Anyway, we hope users keep cautious during flight. Happy and safe flying.
2020-4-11
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

I am made to understand that this feature/warning is not available to iPad Mini users, because the iPad Mini's do not have a vibrate system.

Personally, this is one feature I WOULD like to have!
2020-4-11
Use props
InspektorGadjet
Second Officer
Flight distance : 439915 ft
Spain

Hello Missu,
One question regarding the offtopic... since I saw some of your other posts talking about the "grainy" footage and overall quality of the Mini... I had this feeling that the "grain" we have seen is due to the Screen not allowing 2.7K and this creating weird artifacts in the pixels...
Do you feel that "grain" is less noticeable in the new display?
Thanks in advance!
2020-4-11
Use props
StubbornSwiss
Second Officer
Flight distance : 480771 ft
United States

AKA........... Instrument Flying!!!

Thanks for the morning chuckle   
2020-4-11
Use props
Mizzu
Second Officer
Germany

InspektorGadjet Posted at 4-11 03:45
Hello Missu,
One question regarding the offtopic... since I saw some of your other posts talking about the "grainy" footage and overall quality of the Mini... I had this feeling that the "grain" we have seen is due to the Screen not allowing 2.7K and this creating weird artifacts in the pixels...
Do you feel that "grain" is less noticeable in the new display?

Well I watched some of my videos on my girlfriends 4K Panasonic TV and it was the same in my opinion.

BTW: Thanks DJI Thor for forwarding this.
2020-4-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules