First posted vid after a bit of practice
398 7 2020-4-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m0bius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85121 ft
United States

The mini is my first drone.  I've had it about a month, but haven't had much of a chance to use it due to work, weather, and now stay-at-home orders.  But this morning I took the drone out to a nearby park and put together a little video!  Hope you like it, I'm still trying to get a lighter touch with the controls so movement isn't so jerky.

2020-4-10
Use props
Akirasho
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1622238 ft
United States

Hope you like it, I'm still trying to get a lighter touch with the controls so movement isn't so jerky.

You are joking, right??  Good control and subject.  I will be Googling that park!!

https://www.visitaurora.com/directory/babi-yar-park/
2020-4-10
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nice work.
2020-4-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.  Glad you were able to get out and fly the MM.  Thanks so much for sharing.
2020-4-11
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Nice to see.
I personally would lower the EV compensation a bit.
That (usually) gives a more pleasing look if you ask me.
2020-4-12
Use props
m0bius
lvl.2
Flight distance : 85121 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 4-12 02:23
Nice to see.
I personally would lower the EV compensation a bit.
That (usually) gives a more pleasing look if you ask me.

Yes, you're right about lowering EV a bit.  I need to rely more on my histogram because the live feed always looks too dark on my phone, and I get scared that the shadows are going to turn to mush.  But I'm quickly discovering that overblown highlights are unforgiving and no amount of post production is going to bring back those details.  Thanks for your feedback!
2020-4-12
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

m0bius Posted at 4-12 05:40
Yes, you're right about lowering EV a bit.  I need to rely more on my histogram because the live feed always looks too dark on my phone, and I get scared that the shadows are going to turn to mush.  But I'm quickly discovering that overblown highlights are unforgiving and no amount of post production is going to bring back those details.  Thanks for your feedback!

You're welcome!
Never too old to learn
2020-4-12
Use props
Jym
lvl.2
Flight distance : 398927 ft
United States

Nice video! I'm also trying to get a hang of working with EV comp, trying to reconcile what I see on my phone screen with what makes it to the video as well. Very cool park and nice steady shots.
2020-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules