Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
This drone is incredible. Until now...
1337 16 2020-4-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans01498141
lvl.1
Flight distance : 78510 ft
United States

I just purchased the Mavic 2 Pro. This drone is incredible. Until now I can’t use it.

I’ve been flying my Mavic Air for about a year (with no issues) and I’ve recently sold it about 3 days ago. This is where the problem began. I doubt it has anything to do with what I’m about to explain... but I dunno.

Today, I took my Mavic 2 Pro out for the 3rd time today. When I turned the aircraft on with the controller and my iPhone 11 plugged in - opened the DJI Go 4 app… I saw the fly now blue button. Once I clicked the fly now button I got an "Aircraft Disconnected" message.  I spent about 30 minutes in the car trying to see what was going on. I ended up going home and doing more research.

Aircraft disconnected screenshot:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/l9cjqt3aewhouf1/IMG_0106.PNG?dl=0

After hours of trying many different things (watching videos and reading forums) from people telling me to re-link the controller to the aircraft to doing a factory reset.

Factory reset with Mac:
I’ve installed the assistant software to see if I could do a factory reset. I tried it first on my Mac. I noticed every time I plugged in my Mavic to my Mac that it would kinda lag out my computer every 3 to 5 seconds. I tried plugging in the controller to see what would happen with the assistant software -  it had no issues with that showing up. It allowed me to downgrade the controller etc..

Factory reset with Windows 10:
So, I tried to see what my windows laptop would do. I installed the assistant software on my windows 10 laptop and plugged in the Mavic and it just kept making that windows devices install sound over and over and over again - it seemed like it couldn’t install the drivers. I tried plugging in the controller and it installed the controller with no issues. I was able to see the control and do a reset/downgrade if I wanted to.

So, that leaves me with something is wrong with the Mavic aircraft itself. ...…

Currently my Mavic 2 Pro lights are not lighting up anymore and it doesn’t make the beep sound effect when powering on as well. It did earlier. Here is the latest video of me powering the Mavic on Watch Video

I’ve tried multiple times turning off the aircraft and controller. I’ve tried trying a different cable as well with using the USB port on the bottom. I did get the app and controller to connect a few hours ago and saw the camera turn on but there was a “No Image Transmission Signal” and I think at times it also displayed a “IMU Calibration”. I ended up doing the IMU Calibration a few times. Nothing...

Here's a video of me powering on the remote. You'll see that it doesn’t connect to the Mavic.
Watch Video

Here was a screenshot earlier today from the DJI GO 4 app.
See screenshot

Here is the latest screenshot error from the DJI GO 4 app.
See screenshot

I'm stuck and I'm a little stressed since I just purchased this drone. The 45 minutes that I've used this drone was incredible. Has anyone else ever had this issue?

I purchased the Mavic at Best Buy. If I return this to Best Buy they will charge me a 20% restocking fee. I did sign up for the DJ refresh program the day I activated it. I’ve never crashed this drone. It has maybe 45 mins total of flight time.

I really appreciate any help.

- Timothy
2020-4-11
Use props
fans01498141
lvl.1
United States

The links got removed from original post. Sorry about that. Here they are below:

Powering on the Mavic 2 Pro (The latest video)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/vld5q768rttf3co/IMG_0103.MOV?dl=0

Here's a video of me powering on the controller. You'll see that it doesn’t connect to the Mavic.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/oa3w0fh8zh7nni5/IMG_0104.MOV?dl=0

Here was a screenshot earlier today from the DJI GO 4 app.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/1a0w1h1366meys5/IMG_0102.PNG?dl=0

Here is the latest screenshot error from the DJI GO 4 app.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/pspat1l4cw2gmt7/IMG_0107.PNG?dl=0
2020-4-11
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi Timothy, so sorry for that case happened, you are recommended to send it in for a diagnosis.
You may start an online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav or contact our support team at this link:
http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and then send it in.
Please be advised that due to COVID-19 prevention and traffic controls, product repairs and shipment times are expected to be delayed.
2020-4-12
Use props
FLYINHASS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21975 ft
Switzerland

So far so good - 28 hours flight, the most it went: 746 m away, loss video for one second at the beginning, some lag not that very often ^^ Happy flights to everyone ^^
2020-4-12
Use props
*DM*
lvl.4
Flight distance : 507087 ft
United Kingdom

FLYINHASS Posted at 4-12 02:01
So far so good - 28 hours flight, the most it went: 746 m away, loss video for one second at the beginning, some lag not that very often ^^ Happy flights to everyone ^^

Whats that got to do with the OP's issue??
2020-4-12
Use props
fans01498141
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-12 01:44
Hi Timothy, so sorry for that case happened, you are recommended to send it in for a diagnosis.
You may start an online repair request on our official web and then send it back. Here is the link: https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav or contact our support team at this link:
http://www.dji.com/support to open a case and then send it in.

Thank you for your reply! I will looking into the repair opinion I guess. I hope this doesn't cost me my DJI Care Refresh since this wasn't an issue on my end.
2020-4-12
Use props
DRONE-flies-YOU!
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1450594 ft
United States

*DM* Posted at 4-12 02:47

I finally watched the movie Heat with Val Kilmer.
2020-4-12
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans01498141 Posted at 4-12 04:20
Thank you for your reply! I will looking into the repair opinion I guess. I hope this doesn't cost me my DJI Care Refresh since this wasn't an issue on my end.

You're welcome. Please don't worry, our team will test it carefully after receiving your package. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let us know.
2020-4-13
Use props
fans01498141
lvl.1
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-13 00:31
You're welcome. Please don't worry, our team will test it carefully after receiving your package. Should there any further assistance needed, please feel free to let us know.

I actually have a quick question.

I purchased the drone from Best Buy and since it was faulty they should accept it for an exchange (according to their return policy)  If they do the exchange for me.... is there a way to move the Refresh insurance onto the new drone?

2020-4-13
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

*DM* Posted at 4-12 02:47

LOL, it's more like rubbing salt in the wound.  The DJI Care Refresh may seem like the best way to go, though it wouldn't hurt checking at Best Buy for any type of warranty or replacement.
2020-4-13
Use props
fans01498141
lvl.1
United States

Neo Supreme Posted at 4-13 03:45
LOL, it's more like rubbing salt in the wound.  The DJI Care Refresh may seem like the best way to go, though it wouldn't hurt checking at Best Buy for any type of warranty or replacement.

I just got back from Best Buy. They did the exchange with no questions! I told them it was a defective unit. Now I'm on the phone with DJI to try to get my Refresh insurance transfer over from my defective Mavic 2 to my new Mavic 2. I have the receipt from Best Buy showing it's an exchange. Hopefully it's not an issue

Thanks!
2020-4-13
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

fans01498141 Posted at 4-13 10:01
I just got back from Best Buy. They did the exchange with no questions! I told them it was a defective unit. Now I'm on the phone with DJI to try to get my Refresh insurance transfer over from my defective Mavic 2 to my new Mavic 2. I have the receipt from Best Buy showing it's an exchange. Hopefully it's not an issue

Thanks!

It’s not an issue, you could just email them it’s a lot simpler or even ask a moderator here for help, but it kinda sounds like maybe you’re looking for a scrap, ;+):::::
2020-4-13
Use props
fans01498141
lvl.1
United States

hallmark007 Posted at 4-13 10:19
It’s not an issue, you could just email them it’s a lot simpler or even ask a moderator here for help, but it kinda sounds like maybe you’re looking for a scrap, ;+):::::

Yup! I just emailed them. Thanks!
2020-4-13
Use props
Neo Supreme
lvl.4
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

fans01498141 Posted at 4-13 10:01
I just got back from Best Buy. They did the exchange with no questions! I told them it was a defective unit. Now I'm on the phone with DJI to try to get my Refresh insurance transfer over from my defective Mavic 2 to my new Mavic 2. I have the receipt from Best Buy showing it's an exchange. Hopefully it's not an issue

Thanks!

Great news.
2020-4-13
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

fans01498141 Posted at 4-13 00:41
I actually have a quick question.

I purchased the drone from Best Buy and since it was faulty they should accept it for an exchange (according to their return policy)  If they do the exchange for me.... is there a way to move the Refresh insurance onto the new drone?

Hi there, under this situation, please email to djicare@dji.com and provide the details information, our related team will do the best to help this out. Hope everything goes smoothly.
2020-4-14
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

The problem with newer phones is they have to have compatibility.  They add new things that can break older applications.  Coding methods can become obsolete and depreciated.  Companies such as Apple and Android could careless if certain apps don't work that they don't care about.  As long last they patch vulnerabilities and make devices safer, they don't get sued.  Basically, we can be on our own in an upgrade experiencing things people have never experienced before though it could be a problem only unique to your own device that you installed something that is making it not work (conflict) or something is defective with your device that generates anomalies that no one can explain such as if it got wet and things are bridging or it overheated from an app not being coded correctly frying something.

In a way, if nothing is wrong and other people could have the same issue, it's DJI who has the solution that if they do nothing you should just go to something that works like Android, Smart Controller, or just quite simply don't fly and have it as a very nice paperweight.
2020-4-14
Use props
izotop
lvl.4
Flight distance : 388763 ft

Slovenia

just as reminder (you probably know that already, but still): when using cable at the bottom plug, you should unplug side cable. if side cable is plugged in,  link is not active via back cable. i just have to remind myself about this recently..
2020-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules