Night flight
1024 4 2020-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Holger Michler
lvl.1
Ecuador

Hello everybody. I´m new here at the forum.

I have a cuestion about night flights with Mavic 2 pro. I red a lot of  contradictory comments about the risks of flying a Mavic 2 pro at night.  Thats why I am a little bit worried. I want to fly over a small city.  What do you think?

Does the RTH function works at night?
Whats about stability?
Are their problems with interferences and the loss of signal?
What would be good settings in general (app dji go 4) and for the camara (I want to make a video)?
Should I turn of LED lights.

Excuse me for so many questions. Thanks a lot for your answers.

Greetings.

Holger
2020-4-14
Use props
Zubayer.Khan
Second Officer
Flight distance : 770272 ft
Bangladesh

every thing will work , with out obstacle sensor.
2020-4-14
Use props
Holger Michler
lvl.1
Ecuador

Thanks a lot  Zubayer for your answer. Do you see any risks flying at night over a town?
2020-4-15
Use props
HurleyBird Productions
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well your biggest challenge will be your flying altitude. You wont be able to see most things when flying at night.

First thing is yes you want to turn off the front LED's so they don't show up in the video.

Second thing is go to the city during the day and get an idea of your flight path that you want to film. Buildings or bridges, or whatever your focus is. Look for any high wires or power lines and make a good note of your altitude when your test flying. Once you have a safe altitude that doesn't have any obstacles you can be much more confident at night flying over the same area.
2020-4-15
Use props
Holger Michler
lvl.1
Ecuador

Thank you very much HurleyBird for your recomendations. It´s a small town (Tena, Ecuador) without big buildings. I want to make a video about the curfew ? at night. I walked around the streets and think about flying at 80 meters.
I am mostly worried about interferences, stability, errors during RTH and so on. Because there is written a lot about these kinds of inconvenients. What do you tink about these risks?
And do you have an idea about camara settings.

Thanks a lot. Stay well.
Holger
2020-4-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules