MAVIC MINI SOFTWARE UPDATE TEST
2053 6 2020-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
Flight distance : 45459 ft
United Kingdom

Well i was very unsure about taking the mavic mini out for a flight but heres what i came up with!

After the new updates to the DJI FLY app i wanted to see exactly how the drone handled and what kind of picture quality i could get with changing the extra settings.

i pushed the white ballance up to 6000 if i recall corectly and wound back the EV to -0.7 as the sun was intense today!

i also used exposure lock for the first time today as i dont usually use it!

One thing i wasnt happy with was the distance i mannaged on a clear run with no inteference 790 metres and the mini disconected! clear line of site.

Maybe its time to start checking out manual frequency choosing in the settings instead of going for auto assign?

anyway guys just a test and authored the video for you to have a look at !

Be aware its quite a long video of approx 5 minutes if you like give the video a thumbs up on youtube.

Feel free to subscribe too.

2020-4-14
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

Nice video... if a bit stretched for the content.

You should definitely go MANUAL (frequency). Keeping an eye on CH and FREQ very usuful even when AUTO, 790 meters seems very good if it was 5.8 GHz but not so good if was 2.4 GHz, something that could be bettered with MANUAL tweaking of the CH.
2020-4-15
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

m80116 Posted at 4-15 05:32
Nice video... if a bit stretched for the content.

You should definitely go MANUAL (frequency). Keeping an eye on CH and FREQ very usuful even when AUTO, 790 meters seems very good if it was 5.8 GHz but not so good if was 2.4 GHz, something that could be bettered with MANUAL tweaking of the CH.

It was a test video so placed lots of the footage on the film! maybe im making up for all the members who never post anything buddy! Anyway thanks for the tips on the frequency choice next time out i will be having another go with the mini but use manual mode and have a play around!
2020-4-15
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Nice work, thanks for sharing the video and scenery.
For the range issue, please kindly note that for Model MR1SD25, the max distance in unobstructed, free of interference environment is 2.4 GHz: 2000 m (MIC/CE) and 5.8 GHz: 500 m (CE). Please try to fly in 2.4GHz and see if the range will be better. Thanks.
2020-4-19
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 4-19 22:20
Nice work, thanks for sharing the video and scenery.
For the range issue, please kindly note that for Model MR1SD25, the max distance in unobstructed, free of interference environment is 2.4 GHz: 2000 m (MIC/CE) and 5.8 GHz: 500 m (CE). Please try to fly in 2.4GHz and see if the range will be better. Thanks.

Cheers thor thanks for the time dropping by and adding the info ! I did notice that during the flight i flew very close to a cellular mast ? would this affect the overall distance performance? so i need to be ensuring that im flying in the 2.8 ghz band for better distance performance? will try the change when out next
2020-4-19
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

mockingbirdmedia Posted at 4-19 22:28
Cheers thor thanks for the time dropping by and adding the info ! I did notice that during the flight i flew very close to a cellular mast ? would this affect the overall distance performance? so i need to be ensuring that im flying in the 2.8 ghz band for better distance performance? will try the change when out next

Sorry for the delay. Power lines may cause interference. Please try different locations. interference.png
2020-4-27
Use props
mockingbirdmedia
Second Officer
United Kingdom

DJI Thor Posted at 4-27 01:44
Sorry for the delay. Power lines may cause interference. Please try different locations. [view_image][Image]

Cheers Thor much appreciated for that into !
2020-4-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules