Is my Mavic Ok?
609 16 2020-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Flight distance : 219150 ft
Mexico

Hi, I just bought 2 weeks ago a new Mavic Pro Fly More Combo, but it came with the 3 batteries completely dead, I´m waiting for the response from tech support, meanwhile I´m using a friend´s battery for test my drone for one week.

Well my questions are not about batteries right now, it is about the camera and how the footage is recorded to the Micro SD:

• 1.-When I turned on the drone for the first time everything was fine, but before flying it, just playing with the configuration of the drone and camera, it suddenly disconnected from the phone (Iphone 7), just the phone, so I have to go back in the app and go into the drone again to recover the image or close the app and open it again, this is only happening when I´m not flying the drone, but always happening when it is not in the air and I´m playing with the configuration, specially with camera configuration, it is normal?

• 2.- Recording at 1080@60, the video looks really weird, I read that many people suggest to avoid recording at 60 or 96fps, so I´m not the only one.

• 3.- 2 days ago I recorded 3 different videos, that I couldn´t find in the Sd card, but they were in my phone cache, I had enough space in my sd when I was recording, then when I deleted everything in my SD, something was using around 2.5GB of space (Maybe the 3 videos that I recorded), but I used 3 different programs to make a deep search in my memory, but found nothing (This just happened once).

• 4.- The videos that I recorded are a little bit grainy and noisy, but when I tried using D-LOG, the noise and grain were insane, I read that recording using D-Log with Mavic Pro needs alot of post(I´m always using ISO 100) and the camera sensor is small, but a lot of noise is normal in this camera?

• 5.- In my videos sometimes a little shake appears for 1,2 or 3 frames, right now I´m just doing tests, so it doesn´t matter, but if that starts to get worse, I´m not going to be able to record videos, but maybe those shakes could be caused by doing aggressive moves, like stops or directions changes or maybe wind?

Hope you can help me and I also hope that everything that I just wrote, is normal or can be easily fixed.

Thank you!
2020-4-14
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Flight distance : 73209 ft
Netherlands

first, format your sd card using dji go4.
For best result set your camera manual, dlog, style 0,-1,-1, 2.7k ntsc 30fps. ISO 100
if you set style to +1,-1,-1 it's sharper but more noise into it.
If you shoot 4k, you get more noise also.
Then also when shooting Dlog you have to do some color correction afterwards. (try davinci and make an own lut).
If too much light, use a NDfilter like ND32 PL (depending on how much light), set shutter 2x framerate. so adjust to 60.
Look again take a video flying straight, set to tripod mode, take a turn and record video.Check your probs for damage. Look of the gimbal is not out of his bracket.
still not good, calibrate IMU. replace probs.

2020-4-14
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

For the disconnection issue, please try to reinstall the DJI GO 4 app (back up the files and sync the record first) and test again, make sure that the connection cable is not loosened, change the cable. If the issue persists, please check if there is an error message when it gets disconnected, or you can try a different mobile device if you have another one.
Could you please explain more about the video issue recording at 1080P 60FPS?
Please make sure that the firmware has been updated, and do more tests for the missing video issue. If it happens frequently, you may send the drone for diagnosis.
Regarding the last 2 issues you encountered, it would be nice to have the reference videos to check. Thank you.
2020-4-15
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Mexico

dji_MODDER Posted at 4-14 23:19
first, format your sd card using dji go4.
For best result set your camera manual, dlog, style 0,-1,-1, 2.7k ntsc 30fps. ISO 100
if you set style to +1,-1,-1 it's sharper but more noise into it.

Maybe I have something wrong with style, I was using +1,-1,-1, and I read that using sharpening +1 can cause noise, but I didn´t know that using 4k can cause it too, and yes I did a color correction and a used neat video for noise, but the video stills look pretty bad, right now I don´t have ND filters so I´ll see what I can do.

Only 7 days flying the drone, the probs are like new or atleast I don´t see any damage or somehing, the gimbal is on its bracket and everything is calibrated.

I´ll try your settings and see if there is an improvement, thank you!

PD: I wanted to post a video with the noise of what I´m talking about, but the HDD where I had those, is damage or something, I´ll try to recover those videos.
2020-4-15
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Mexico

DJI Thor Posted at 4-15 02:38
For the disconnection issue, please try to reinstall the DJI GO 4 app (back up the files and sync the record first) and test again, make sure that the connection cable is not loosened, change the cable. If the issue persists, please check if there is an error message when it gets disconnected, or you can try a different mobile device if you have another one.
Could you please explain more about the video issue recording at 1080P 60FPS?
Please make sure that the firmware has been updated, and do more tests for the missing video issue. If it happens frequently, you may send the drone for diagnosis.

Everytime when it gets disconnected, it only shows "Aircraft Disconnected" in the corner, if I reboot the app it connects again, I just have this issue when I´m not flying. but I´ll try what you said thank you!

Here is the 1080P 60FPS footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Ow5yRfIIQ
it has a light vibrations too, I don´t know if that is ok or no

About the missing video, it just happened once, with 3 videos, I hope it won´t happen again

With the point number 4, I couldn´t get the footage, the HDD where I saved the videos got damaged, but I´ll try to recover them

Here is a video showing the point number 5 (Looks like a frame drop?): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CKFmIrslOg

and one more showing something like light vibrations: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BucxxgBEkI8

The full hd video is only one video with one cut to hide some children that appear in the footage, I didn´t try that resolution at that fps again.

The next 2 videos are a mix of 8 short videos, where the issue appear.
The mixed videos only have a few cuts to show the exact part of the video where the issue occurs.
2020-4-15
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Mexico

Ceacutesar Mtz Posted at 4-15 15:21
Everytime when it gets disconnected, it only shows "Aircraft Disconnected" in the corner, if I reboot the app it connects again, I just have this issue when I´m not flying. but I´ll try what you said thank you!

Here is the 1080P 60FPS footage https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Ow5yRfIIQ

Full HD 60FPS  Shakes or Frame Drops
  Video Vibrations

2020-4-15
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Netherlands

I see what you mean, Is this the original footage or did you already edit it/render it?
Because it can also a render problem. (is your computer strong enough?)
Try to make a video into your home on the table and look if it jitter also. Try to make a video flying with above settings and look first to the original footage.Can you upload an original footage on google drive to share or by https://uploadfiles.io/

2020-4-15
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Mexico

dji_MODDER Posted at 4-15 21:31
I see what you mean, Is this the original footage or did you already edit it/render it?
Try to make a video into your home on the table and look if it jitter also. Try to make a video flying with above settings and look first to the original footage.Can you upload an original footage on google drive to share or by https://uploadfiles.io/

Those are the original footage, with a few cuts on them to show the exact time when the issue appears, those issues appear in my phone cache too and those can appear 1, 2, 3 or more times in a single record, but those shakes/frame drops are not in every video, but I´m concerned that it might get worse or something.

My computer has an i7 8th with 16GB of Ram, GTX 1060 and 240GB SSD.

I couldn´t test the setting that you mentioned above today, too much wind, but I´m gonna try them tomorrow, same with the video test keeping the drone in a solid surface, but as I said, it is not happening all the time.

By now I´m going to share the uploads of a couple of the original videos, without cuts:
https://ufile.io/go8aowsf Example video (Shake/frame drop)
https://ufile.io/go8aowsf Full HD 60P

I already uploaded these 2 videos to YT, but here they are without any kind of edition or cuts, directly from the micro sd. (I hadn´t noticed, but the Full HD video has a slight vibration too, it was recorded with everything in auto)

Thank you for your response, if tomorrow is not a windy day, I´m going to try the settings that you mentioned and upload the footage.

Thank you

2020-4-15
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Netherlands

Thanks for your files, looking tonight on my home computer, your computer is fast enough to handle 4k for rendering, I have the same videocard also
2020-4-16
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Netherlands

your second video has the same link
2020-4-16
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Mexico

dji_MODDER Posted at 4-16 00:08
your second video has the same link

Sorry hehe
https://ufile.io/ovnkyrr4

Thank you!
2020-4-16
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Mexico

dji_MODDER Posted at 4-15 21:31

Here is the footage at 2.7K 30FPS ISO 100 SP: 60 D-Log Style 0,-1,-1
https://ufile.io/015h0ybk

Thank you!
2020-4-16
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Netherlands

Oke. I will look up tonight on my UHD monitor and load it in Davinci,first sight picture is great only at 27 seconds I see a shake, are you stopping the drone? I suggest to make a few more test, while tilt the camera slowly up and down to see where the shake's are coming from
2020-4-20
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

2.- Recording at 1080@60, the video looks really weird, I read that many people suggest to avoid recording at 60 or 96fps, so I´m not the only one.

The aircraft should record perfectly well at 1060p 60fps, but if you think it is woerd, post a short section of original video, not edited in any way, and we can look at it.

3.- 2 days ago I recorded 3 different videos, that I couldn´t find in the Sd card, but they were in my phone cache, I had enough space in my sd when I was recording, then when I deleted everything in my SD, something was using around 2.5GB of space (Maybe the 3 videos that I recorded), but I used 3 different programs to make a deep search in my memory, but found nothing (This just happened once).

DJI create a lot of hidden files on the SD card, that would account for the 2.5GB of missing space. The only way to get rid of these is to periodically format the SD card, erasing all the files will not get rid of them.

5.- In my videos sometimes a little shake appears for 1,2 or 3 frames, right now I´m just doing tests, so it doesn´t matter, but if that starts to get worse, I´m not going to be able to record videos, but maybe those shakes could be caused by doing aggressive moves, like stops or directions changes or maybe wind?

I looked at your last video, and as dji_MODDER says, there is a jump at 27 seconds, that looks like a gimbal twitch to me. If it continues to happen, then I would return it for repair. Otherwise the video looked good for an un-processed log clip.

2020-4-20
Use props
dji_MODDER
First Officer
Netherlands

I agree with last point from Geebax, The last video shows good quality on Davinci , I think it's the best settings to make a video.

2020-4-21
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Mexico

Geebax Posted at 4-20 22:32
2.- Recording at 1080@60, the video looks really weird, I read that many people suggest to avoid recording at 60 or 96fps, so I´m not the only one.

The aircraft should record perfectly well at 1060p 60fps, but if you think it is woerd, post a short section of original video, not edited in any way, and we can look at it.

Yeah, I know it should record perfectly well at 1060p 60fps, but it looks weird, atleast to me, I already upload the orignal clip without anykind of edition or something, it was my second flight and my 1st video with the mavic pro, https://ufile.io/go8aowsf (here is the original fullHD clip), if I watch it in my phone, it looks ok, but if I watch it in my monitor it looks as I said "weird".

For the second thing, maybe those 2.5GB are hidden files from dji, but there should be my clips, those appeared in my phone cache.

With the video quality, sometimes it looks really really good and with a good post, the footage could be awesome, but there are those random jumps, skips and a very slight vibrations, in many of my recorded videos and that weird look that I mentioned with 1080p 60fps.

I already contacted with an Authorized DJI Technical support in my country and I sent them the footage were the issues appear, they told me that there is something abnormal and I should send them the drone to perform necessary tests and repairs

Thank you so much for your help, I bought the drone at Amazon3 weeks ago and I´m deciding if I should send it for repair or ask for a refund
2020-4-21
Use props
Ceacutesar Mtz
lvl.2
Mexico

dji_MODDER Posted at 4-20 21:28
Oke. I will look up tonight on my UHD monitor and load it in Davinci,first sight picture is great only at 27 seconds I see a shake, are you stopping the drone? I suggest to make a few more test, while tilt the camera slowly up and down to see where the shake's are coming from

Yes I stopped the drone right there, but it wasn´t an agressive stop, I was flying smoothly using the cinemode.

Btw I didn´t notice about that shake, until now.

I already did a few more tests using different modes incluiding sport mode, trying to cause those shakes, somekind of vibration or something, but they appear randomly.

I already send a few videos where the shakes, vibrations, appear to an Authorized Technical Support and they agreed that it is abnormal and they said that I should send them my drone for a good diagnosis and repair

I´m deciding if I should send them the drone or send it back to Amazon and get a refund or maybe a replacement

Thank you so much for your help
2020-4-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules