Max current of charging
3387 5 2020-4-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
owiecPL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 112805 ft
Singapore

What is the maximum current taking by equipped charging system in tello? What happened if I provide 5V/10A? Will it consume a more current than recommended in manual 2A?
Or is it any chip inside of a tello which is a 'guard' to not exceed for example 2A during charging battery?
I'm asking because I would like to charge 5 tello EDU drones by one power supply and I would like to know the answer if it will not damage battery if I give strong power supply to tello.
2020-4-15
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

Dear, The maximum charging voltage  will be limited to 4.35V and the maximum current will be limited to 1.5A, if the current exceeds 2A, the internal electronic chip in Tello will transfer the current to an adequate value to protect battery. In order to protect better and prolong the lifehood of battery, it is recommended to use charger of 5V2A or of 5V1A.
Hope my answer could help you!

2020-4-16
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Singapore

Dear RYZE,
Thank You for Your answer. Is that electronic chip is built in both versions I mean Tello and Tello EDU also?
If I understood good, providing strong power supply with 5V/15A to charging 10 Tello EDU at the same time will be adequate to charging current 1.5A per device. On the other hand if only one tello will be connected to the same power supply it will consume current max 1.5A because this electronic chip will limit charging current and will not explode or damage baterry due to consume more current, am I right?

Regards
2020-4-17
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

owiecPL Posted at 4-17 08:55
Dear RYZE,
Thank You for Your answer. Is that electronic chip is built in both versions I mean Tello and Tello EDU also?
If I understood good, providing strong power supply with 5V/15A to charging 10 Tello EDU at the same time will be adequate to charging current 1.5A per device. On the other hand if only one tello will be connected to the same power supply it will consume current max 1.5A because this electronic chip will limit charging current and will not explode or damage baterry due to consume more current, am I right?

Dear,
About your questions, please see answers below.
1. Electronic chip is installed in both versions, tello and tello edu.
2. If you charge batteries on official battery charging hub, three batteries are charged one by one,  if the adapter is of 15A, the current will be transferred from 15A  into 1.5A. However, to protect the charging hug and battery, it is recommended to use adapter of 5V1A or 5V2A.
3. In respect of the accessory you mentioned that could charge 10 batteries at the same time, cause it is a third-party product, please forgive me don't know its character, you can decide based on the information aforementioned.
Hope my answer could help you!
2020-4-17
Use props
owiecPL
lvl.4
Singapore

Dear RYZE,

Thank You again!
I dont need charging hub which charging battery one by one. For my system, imagine device which has 10 USB ports and I connect to them Tello EDU through micro usb cable. Total current of this device is 5V/10A power. In this method the drones will be charging at the same time, because they are connected to USB like normal charging. My question is about what happened if I connect one Tello EDU to that huge power supply through USB. I suppose the electronic chip will limited current to correct value to protect battery, im I right?
2020-4-18
Use props
RYZE
Super Moderator

Hong Kong

owiecPL Posted at 4-18 00:54
Dear RYZE,

Thank You again!

Dear,
We're sorry that we didn't test the charging method you put up with, so we cannot ensure the safety and it is also not suggested to do that. As what has been recommended, please use adapter of 5V2A or 5V1A.
2020-4-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules