Im giving DJI Props. Even though they didn't give me mine!!
1029 3 2020-4-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
FiLiNuX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 364304 ft
United States

I recently had a mishap with my Mavic Pro just two weeks after taking it out of the box for the first time with less then a dozen flights on it.  I can honestly sit here and tell the world that in my opinion this was not entirely my fault but I do feel there were things I could have done better to correct the situation before the mishap.  The details of all this are not important as the main thing I wanted to share here, my experience with DJI support & DJI repair in California after the mishap.  

I have read countless horror stories on this forum, other popular drone forums, and all over the web in general in regards to DJI repair & after sales service.  Most posts said the same things describing a worthless system full of delays, blanket responses, uncaring employees, unfulfilled obligations, etc etc.  I was dreading the outcome of my repair before I even initiated my first chat with DJI.  

I found the exact opposite in EVERY step of the process.  Please do not think this is me saying that DJI did EVERY little thing correct as errors were made (by myself as well) but the overall process was handled very well.   

I did not interact with a single DJI employee that was anything less then kind, professional, and helpful. When I asked questions and debated the data analysis my questions and concerns were all addressed well.  This really impressed me because this employee probably hears "not my fault" on every order that crosses their desk.  Every step of the repair process was handled in a very timely manner.  The majority of the delays in getting my drone repaired were totally my fault.  Errors in the process that were my fault (could have given DJI the right to stop the repair process) were handled with a terrific attitude.  DJI took care of their end of the entire process faster then I could have ever imagined ALL DURING THE  CALIFORNIA / US COVID-19 SHUTDOWN even!!   The  other thing I dreaded hearing, the cost of the repair, was much more reasonable then I would have thought as well.

I had asked that if possible I would like to receive my original Mavic & remote back.  It was a gift/reward for reaching a 15 year personal milestone in my life and I also feared receiving someones repaired problem.  I did not receive the same Mavic back but did receive a brand new unit in its place.  This was stated & explained to me in advance as something that happens so I cant say I was not aware of the policy.  I was still impressed though as I did receive my original remote back, in the original box (people had written things on it to me for the milestone) and taped to the nose of the new Mavic was my micro-SD card I had left in the old unit in error.  The only thing I wish would have been returned was my complete set of DJI 8331 props.  Only after sending did I see the very clear instructions about what NOT to send so blame falls on both ends again.  

I am not debating or questioning anyone who did have a bad experience.  My experience had me in contact with a LOT of different people @ DJI and I am very pleased with the entire process.  

2020-4-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Hi FiLiNuX, thank you for your continued support for DJI. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account. As per check, your case was shipped and closed on 2020/4/7. We are sincerely sorry that your drone was replaced (according to DJI's after-sales policy, we will either repair the drone or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. ), we really appreciate your kind understanding.
At the same time, you mentioned that you wish your DJI 8331 props returned, we've checked the incoming records of your case, we didn't receive any props in your package, could you please provide more information so we can help to investigate it?  
Sorry again for all the inconvenience caused. Should there anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2020-4-17
Use props
FiLiNuX
lvl.2
Flight distance : 364304 ft
United States

DJI Natalia Posted at 4-17 01:10
Hi FiLiNuX, thank you for your continued support for DJI. I have managed to get your case number via your forum account. As per check, your case was shipped and closed on 2020/4/7. We are sincerely sorry that your drone was replaced (according to DJI's after-sales policy, we will either repair the drone or replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. ), we really appreciate your kind understanding.
At the same time, you mentioned that you wish your DJI 8331 props returned, we've checked the incoming records of your case, we didn't receive any props in your package, could you please provide more information so we can help to investigate it?  
Sorry again for all the inconvenience caused. Should there anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.

Thank you for your reply Natalia.  I appreciate the thought but no apology is needed in regards to the original Mavic being returned.  I was aware of the policy and fine with the outcome.  

My use of the props issue in the subject line was intended mostly as humor and a play on words.  I did send in a complete set of 8331 props with the order as I stated.  I guess my thought was they would be needed for testing. If you were to look at the pictures a small bubble wrap with tape on the outside of the box  with all four inside (but inside all other bubble wrapping) should be visible.  I do realize that sending them in (and my Micro-SD card) was in error on my part and I own the outcome.  

I hope my original post, or parts of it, was not misunderstood though.  I am not looking for any further action on anything.  My intent was only to share my positive experience with DJI and the repair process nothing else.  I have already taken the new drone up on a brief flight using the original 8330 props and all seems good.  Everything I have read to date says the 8331 are acceptable for use on the Mavic Pro and unless I hear otherwise I will be ordering another set when things get back to normal.  

Thanks again for your reply and thank you to all at DJI who had a hand in making it a great experience!!

2020-4-17
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

FiLiNuX Posted at 4-17 10:39
Thank you for your reply Natalia.  I appreciate the thought but no apology is needed in regards to the original Mavic being returned.  I was aware of the policy and fine with the outcome.  

My use of the props issue in the subject line was intended mostly as humor and a play on words.  I did send in a complete set of 8331 props with the order as I stated.  I guess my thought was they would be needed for testing. If you were to look at the pictures a small bubble wrap with tape on the outside of the box  with all four inside (but inside all other bubble wrapping) should be visible.  I do realize that sending them in (and my Micro-SD card) was in error on my part and I own the outcome.  

Hi FiLiNuX, we thank you for that clarification. On behalf of DJI Natalia, we wish to thank you for sharing your positive experience with DJI.

This is inspiring, and we will keep moving forward and provide a more professional and efficient service to you all. Should you have any assistance needed in the future, please feel free to contact us or any social media platforms at any time, we are glad to help.
2020-4-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules