Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
vinni895gmail.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49045 ft
Germany

Hi everyone,

I have the following problem:

Despite calibration of compass, IMU, RC and even the VPS, I cannot figure out why my Mavic 2 Pro sometimes does not hover in place.
I tried different places where magnetic interference should not have been a problem and had 15+ satellites each time.

The most confusing part is that sometimes the M2P perfectly outbalances the wind and stays in place, whilst other times it simply drifts away with 1-4 kp/h, depending on the wind.
It may even be that in one second, the M2P stays in place perfectly and the next second, without me touching the RC, it drifts away.

I suppose this is not a GPS problem since the drone correctly reports the speed at which it drift away.

I am looking forward for your answers! Thanks in advance.

Vincent

2020-4-19
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Vincent, sorry for the difficulties with the drone, does it only happen in windy days? The max wind speed resistance of Mavic 2 Pro is 29–38 kph, what was the wind speed when you tested the drone?
2020-4-19
Use props
Vincent1418
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Mindy,

unfortunately this was not the case.
I flew in moderate winds of about 5-10 kph

The problem appeared near to the ground as well as 10-20 meters above ground level.

Is it possible that I messed up something somewhere in the settings?
2020-4-20
Use props
Vincent1418
lvl.1
Germany

The problem still persists. I recently found out that it is not even able to hold a circle in the point of interest mode.
Even steering in the opposite direction does not help when the Mavic 2 pro decides to hover into one direction.

But this should be covered by the warranty, right?

Best regards,

Vincent
2020-5-30
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Vincent1418 Posted at 5-30 03:06
The problem still persists. I recently found out that it is not even able to hold a circle in the point of interest mode.
Even steering in the opposite direction does not help when the Mavic 2 pro decides to hover into one direction.

Hi Vincent, sorry to know the issue persists, when flying near the ground, please ensure there is enough light and the texture and pattern of the ground are clear. But if it happens frequently in different places, it is recommended to send back for a flight test and evaluation.
2020-6-1
Use props
Vincent1418
lvl.1
Germany

Where can I send it in?
This should be covered by guarantee, right?
The problem persists no matter what the light situation is, no matter what the ground pattern looks like. I tried more than 20 different locations and days, with little to no wind at all.
2020-6-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules