Mounting a Trackimo
4207 11 2015-6-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fisk33
lvl.2

United States

My Trackimo will be delivered tonight, and I'm still a little confused on how and where to mount it to my P3P.   I read in another thread were a couple of people said to mount it under the battery compartment, but im guessing they're talking about a P2 because mine has sensors under the battery.    It would be great to mount it on top and in the middle of the body, but I'm sure there are gps locators there.     What other options do I have?  

thanks,

Perry
2015-6-15
Use props
clkilljoy1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 15207 ft
United States

Mount it vertically on the inside corner of the landing gear. Some have just used duct tape. That's all I use. Leave a spot open for the charging port (cable). Test it to see what kind of reception you get. I am happy with mine in that position. If it crashes you can't guarantee what orientation it will be in anyway.
2015-6-15
Use props
BobbyB
lvl.1

United States

This is mine mounted on a carbon filber camera protector.

Trackimo

Trackimo
2015-6-15
Use props
greenbean
lvl.3
Flight distance : 84783 ft
United States

A QUESTION(S)…..   I was thinking of getting a Trackimo. Does it receive signal 360*? If not what difference does it matter where it is mounted? It's not like if it goes down it will land right side up. I don't use VPS so can I mount it with velcro over the VPS (strategically cutting velcro, there could be no lighter mount than that) and just remove it when if I do use VPS? My only thought with that is if there is a software hiccup and the bird , while in flight thinks the ground is right there….what would happen.
2015-7-14
Use props
Phantom Help
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

greenbean Posted at 2015-7-15 14:31
A QUESTION(S)…..   I was thinking of getting a Trackimo. Does it receive signal 360*? If not what d ...

Yes. You can mount it in any direction.

www.PhantomHelp.com
Find the latest must-haves, fixes, mods, how-tos, guides, and accessories for your Phantom.
Phantoms in stock and ready to ship worldwide! (see availability)

2015-7-15
Use props
asfodelo42
lvl.3

Italy

gps tracker p3
2015-7-15
Use props
tcoleyrn
lvl.2

United States

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1x-Track ... hash=item43df81a32b

ordered mine today...
2015-7-16
Use props
gustofusion
lvl.3
United States

Hi, we have a trackimo mounting platform for the P3 with a built in gimbal guard here
http://hypedphoto.com/q500mods/i ... imo-mount-platform/

2016-9-17
Use props
skipilot1
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1557398 ft

greenbean Posted at 2015-7-15 14:31
A QUESTION(S)…..   I was thinking of getting a Trackimo. Does it receive signal 360*? If not what d ...

I have had it attached to the gimbal guard and it works fine from there. Eventually I bought a mount that attaches to one of the leg mounting screws and the Trackimo slips into a basket. You can find them on Amazon or Ebay. Both cause the bird to lean a little in flight. With the VPS off, it might be best to velcro mount it over the VPS. I'll have to try it.
2016-9-17
Use props
TechReviews
lvl.3
Flight distance : 99852 ft
United Kingdom

BobbyB Posted at 2015-6-15 21:24
This is mine mounted on a carbon filber camera protector.

thats a good location/mounting technique,got me thinking also as i've got the same gimbal/camera protector on my p3 pro. Does that location not interfere with the antennas in the landing gear ?  how have you attached it to the gimbal protector ? with cable ties on the back ?  thanks
2016-9-17
Use props
TrackIT
lvl.1

Philippines

try using this method to attached your Trackimo device for your P3P, works very well on mine.
1.jpg
2017-5-2
Use props
Julia Baker
lvl.1

Philippines

Nice way to mount your tackimo dude! where did you get that?
2017-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules