Manic Air
668 4 2020-4-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_JcYlhVo1kNl6
lvl.2
Flight distance : 75817 ft
United States

Hi guys, before you yell at me I know there are many things that affect flight distance, this is just a hoot I thought I share. I live in D zone, residential, cellular towers, railroad tracks houses on 3 acre lots. Yesterday I flew my new manic air 1.2 miles , normal mode, cloudy/sunny and 6 mile winds at 200 feet use a point on gps map, not a hiccup. . I flew manic pro platinum exact course and settings and made it only .8 miles. I had cheap reflector on each remote. Nice job for DJI Air. I know it’s no big deal just sharing.
2020-4-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would say try it again with the MPP without the reflector and you
will see that there is no comparison between the two as for as range.
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_JcYlhVo1kNl6
lvl.2
United States

What’s mpp I’m new
2020-4-21
Use props
djiuser_JcYlhVo1kNl6
lvl.2
United States

Ok I got it

Thanks
2020-4-21
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha djiuser_JcYlh,

The reflector type antennae range extenders have to be tuned to each antennae.  For a true range test, you may want to swap the reflectors between remote controls.  Different reflectors can give you very different performance.

I have two types for my Phantoms and one type for my Mavics.  The Mavic reflectors appear to be tuned and give good range and nice video, but of the Phantom reflectors, only one set works well.  

Back when we were first trying these reflectors, some Forum Members would report terrible performance and I always got real nice performance out of mine.  Later on, I bought another set of reflectors for my Phantoms and they were terrible.

At one point, I cleaned up the terrible reflectors and polished them with wax to make them shine.  They worked almost as good as the original ones.  However, they quickly lost the performance edge and I noticed they were damaged easily.  It may be that the foil used is just a thin (and cheaper) foil and therefore they do not provide a good reflection.  

Unfortunately, no one has done any definitive research on these reflectors but we do have some very talented Forum Contributors who are familiar with antennae design.  They usually tell you to just not bother and fly with the stock antennae which makes sense.  But personally, I use the reflectors, not for range, but for improved live video feed.  And the good ones work real well.

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2020-4-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules