'Hover & Spin Video Mode' ?
951 4 2020-4-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
eppidrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163422 ft
United States

So while this seems like an obvious feature to have, I'm at a loss for how to do it...aside from manually.

You have 'Point of Interest' mode...how about if you want to do the opposite? Instead of orbiting around a focal point, the drone stays in one spot (like a tripod mode) and slowly turns left or right in one spot to get a 360 video view around the drone. I can obviously do this manually, but it takes a lot of patience and typically ends in jumps and inconsistent speeds...not to mention a sore thumb!

Am I just missing a very obvious tool or way to do this?

See this quick video for what I'm trying to do...hover in one spot and pan around to get surroundings...in this case, a city skyline:

Skyline Pan Example

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
2020-4-22
Use props
eppidrone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 163422 ft
United States

I'm not sure what that link didn't work...but here it is:  https://vimeo.com/410872127/3c2cd5474f
2020-4-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This is something you have to do manually,  its really easy.  On Mavic 2 Pro you can adjust the sensitivity of the sticks to make it smoother and slower.
2020-4-24
Use props
AlansDronePics
First Officer
Flight distance : 814751 ft
Guernsey

Your drone can be facing any direction, even outwards while circling the POI. Go to your centre point, set the drone circling as you normally would and then turn the drone to face outwards. Points to remember, the speed at which the drone turns or pans must be very slow or the results will be jumpy. You will need the fastest FPS to reduce this. The closer or foreground will be the worst affected with jumps or stutter.
I would suggest, for best effect, have the drone lens facing the direction of rotation. This would be like flying forward in a curve and as you know, you end up with smoother shots flying forward.
Don't use ND filters, you don't want any motion blur or reduced light. A recording that needs something to smooth motion has been done wrong. Simple as that.

2020-5-4
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

Seems like you are asking for an ability to circle outward in place, with an automated roatate speed?
2020-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules