How can I check some other components when my compass connector f...
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_ZudvpapwYoey
lvl.2
Flight distance : 17530 ft
Canada

Hello folks,

I have recently crashed my P3P, and realized that the compass connector has fell off from the motherboard, and it peeled one pad from the motherboard.
I am thinking to find a solution for reconnecting compass to the board, but would like to know if there is any other potential damage like Gimbal/ESC/motor, so I can get some idea about if it's worth to spend time on it
However I can't start the aircraft, Dji go app keeps telling me to calibrate the compass

Anyone has the experience about skipping the compass checking process and let it fly or even run in a manual model?

I checked the forum and didn't find any solution on how to check other components.

Anyone's suggestion would be helpful

747FCE4B-43B0-4D72-8BDC-F40D81A0B78A_1_105_c.jpeg
2020-4-25
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The aircraft will not fly without the compass, and there is no way to force it to. The best thing you could do is look around for a used P3P to replace it with.
2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_ZudvpapwYoey
lvl.2
Canada

Geebax Posted at 4-25 14:45
The aircraft will not fly without the compass, and there is no way to force it to. The best thing you could do is look around for a used P3P to replace it with.

Thanks for the replying, that's something in my mind but just want to see if there's any less expensive ones first.

I crashed it very hard so I am afraid there are more damages to the camera or gimbal, IMO if so then it is not worth to spend time and money on it.
2020-4-25
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_ZudvpapwYoey Posted at 4-25 15:29
Thanks for the replying, that's something in my mind but just want to see if there's any less expensive ones first.

I crashed it very hard so I am afraid there are more damages to the camera or gimbal, IMO if so then it is not worth to spend time and money on it.

Aside from the camera and gimbal the only difference between the P3Adv and Pro is software. I had a 'body only' Pro and put an Adv camera and gimbal on it and it's fine. I probably had to update the software but I don't recollect it being any hassle. So and Adv main board and motors might work for you and perhaps be cheaper than a pro bd. Check motor compatibility.

Have you thought of trying to replace the pad with a piece of fine copper wire bridging between the gold circle at the top of ''D'' in ''SDA3'' and the track to the through hole below where the connector was? I realise it is really cramped ( I have just had a look at a dead board I have here) but you might be able to make up some sort of 'flying lead' to the bottom of the old connector block. Then test and see if anything else is broken.

2020-4-25
Use props
djiuser_ZudvpapwYoey
lvl.2
Canada

Sean-newbie Posted at 4-25 16:29
Aside from the camera and gimbal the only difference between the P3Adv and Pro is software. I had a 'body only' Pro and put an Adv camera and gimbal on it and it's fine. I probably had to update the software but I don't recollect it being any hassle. So and Adv main board and motors might work for you and perhaps be cheaper than a pro bd. Check motor compatibility.

Have you thought of trying to replace the pad with a piece of fine copper wire bridging between the gold circle at the top of ''D'' in ''SDA3'' and the track to the through hole below where the connector was? I realise it is really cramped ( I have just had a look at a dead board I have here) but you might be able to make up some sort of 'flying lead' to the bottom of the old connector block. Then test and see if anything else is broken.

Thanks! That is my first thought, I was thinking to use a wire soldering on to the through hole, maybe I can get back to the connection, however it is just too small, I don't have the equipments for this kind of micro soldering, and i check the price of the tools, they are likely to be the same price to buy a brand new motherboard.

That's why I was wondering if there's any other way that I can check other damages before investing a lot of money into it.

Just realized that the gimbal is not swiveling horizontally when I turn of the aircraft, I guess the yaw motor is also dead...
2020-4-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules