16890 15 2020-4-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
m.hertenberger
Second Officer
Flight distance : 591650 ft
  • >>>
Singapore

Any help would be appreciated: I recently performed the v01.00.0400 upgrade on the Mavic Mini. There seemed to be no problem, and I placed it back in its case. Today, I wanted to upgrade to the latest firmware. Charged the batteries. All three batteries indicate a full charge, yet the drone won't power on with any one of them installed. I go through the standard power on procedure, see the four lights, but nothing happens. The Mini is dead.

Is there a way to reset the batteries, or anything else I can try to power the Mini on?

Thanks!
2020-4-27
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

Did you try connecting it to DJI Assistant? Maybe you can refresh the firmware. If the lights come on, that still may be enough to connect it to DJI Assistant.
2020-4-27
Use props
m.hertenberger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

I have tried, but it doesn't connect - I see two lights but the unit never shows up in the DJI Assistant. I assume it should connect without a battery?
2020-4-27
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

Are you pressing the power button twice? Short press, the press and hold.
2020-4-27
Use props
m.hertenberger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Traxx119 Posted at 4-27 18:21
Are you pressing the power button twice? Short press, the press and hold.

Absolutely ;-)

First DJI drone I've ever had an issue with...
2020-4-27
Use props
Traxx119
lvl.4
Canada

m.hertenberger Posted at 4-27 18:37
Absolutely ;-)

First DJI drone I've ever had an issue with...

Didn't notice your fleet of DJI drones when i responded to your question    Hope you get it sorted out.
2020-4-27
Use props
m.hertenberger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

Traxx119 Posted at 4-27 18:59
Didn't notice your fleet of DJI drones when i responded to your question    Hope you get it sorted out.

No worries ;-) I have logged a support call...
2020-4-27
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

m.hertenberger Posted at 4-27 18:20
I have tried, but it doesn't connect - I see two lights but the unit never shows up in the DJI Assistant. I assume it should connect without a battery?

What do you mean by without a battery? The mini needs battery power to operate at all. Make sure you follow the procedure in connecting to the pc. Start DJI Assistant 2, turn Mini power on, then connect cable to pc within 20 seconds. The cable will not power the Mini by itself even though there may be some lights on.
2020-4-27
Use props
m80116
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

I am wondering if you managed to update or not update one battery before it was activated. If I recall correctly MM IFB have be activated before use.
2020-4-27
Use props
m.hertenberger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

GaryDoug Posted at 4-27 19:03
What do you mean by without a battery? The mini needs battery power to operate at all. Make sure you follow the procedure in connecting to the pc. Start DJI Assistant 2, turn Mini power on, then connect cable to pc within 20 seconds. The cable will not power the Mini by itself even though there may be some lights on.

That's what I assumed. Unfortunately, the unit won't power on at all.
2020-4-27
Use props
m.hertenberger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

m80116 Posted at 4-27 19:19
I am wondering if you managed to update or not update one battery before it was activated. If I recall correctly MM IFB have be activated before use.

I have used and flown this drone a number of times. Never an issue...
2020-4-27
Use props
djiuser_o5XMcU5iwZ0v
New
Norway

To the OP: did you get the issue resolved?
I am a newbie, just got the Mavic mini as a (wonderful) gift. After two test flight and one day of use, the app asked me if I wanted to update the battery firmware. After okaying it, I got the message the uodate was succesful but the Mini is dead in the water. I turn on the RC but the drone doesn't budge, even though the charger tells me it's fully loaded. Tried with the other two batteries. No dice. I do occasionally get the four lights on the drone after the first button press, but only rarely. The second longer press doesn't have any effect.
2020-6-14
Use props
m.hertenberger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

That sounds exactly like the symptoms I experienced - I was unable to get this resolved by myself. I sent the drone in to DJI and it took about one week to get it back. I don't know what they did, but it was a no charge fix. It's my assumption that this is a standard issue that affects a large number of units. I suggest you contact them and organise to have the unit sent in.
2020-6-14
Use props
djiuser_o5XMcU5iwZ0v
New
Norway

m.hertenberger Posted at 6-14 19:17
That sounds exactly like the symptoms I experienced - I was unable to get this resolved by myself. I sent the drone in to DJI and it took about one week to get it back. I don't know what they did, but it was a no charge fix. It's my assumption that this is a standard issue that affects a large number of units. I suggest you contact them and organise to have the unit sent in.

Thanks for the reply, will do
2020-6-15
Use props
djiuser_o5XMcU5iwZ0v
New
Norway

Hey again. Just fyi. I took it to a buddy of mine who has the same model. He had not updated the battery firmware yet and suggested to put the battery on his drone. It worked there. Switched the battery to mine again, drone started up without a glitch. Same with the other two batteries
2020-6-21
Use props
m.hertenberger
Second Officer
  • >>>
Singapore

djiuser_o5XMcU5iwZ0v Posted at 6-21 01:49
Hey again. Just fyi. I took it to a buddy of mine who has the same model. He had not updated the battery firmware yet and suggested to put the battery on his drone. It worked there. Switched the battery to mine again, drone started up without a glitch. Same with the other two batteries

Good to get it sorted out without having to send it in!
2020-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules