IS THIS SIGNIFICANT ?
1053 12 2020-4-28
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

Is the difference significant enough to generate errors on the left rear engine? (seen from the back) I let you draw your own conclusion.
Global.jpg
2020-4-28
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

You can't tell by looking at it. Assuming the you used DJI Assitant to check your firmware, if it says you need new props, you should put on new props. It is based on motor RPM, and if you want to test, then get DatCon and look at your RPM with the different props on.

https://datfile.net
2020-4-28
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

No, not an issue. Once the props have been loaded (in flight) that distance is nothing.
The esc's in conjuction with the IMU will keep the AC in control and level without input.
Don't fret about this discrepanscy...
2020-4-28
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

Flycaster Posted at 4-28 08:02
No, not an issue. Once the props have been loaded (in flight) that distance is nothing.
The esc's in conjuction with the IMU will keep the AC in control and level without input.

Super,

Thanks !
2020-4-28
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

In the air, propeller tips must run on one (same) level, otherwise there will be vibrations. Fly and check at eye level.
2020-4-28
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

DaMa Posted at 4-28 08:58
In the air, propeller tips must run on one (same) level, otherwise there will be vibrations. Fly and check at eye level.

Correct, what's important is how they track under load. Those of us with helis know you adjust the pitch of the individual blades to make them spin on the same plane, when hovering. A blade that has a bit more pitch than the other will generate more lift, causing it to track higher than the other. Not much you can do on a drone, other than changing props.
2020-4-28
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

DaMa Posted at 4-28 08:58
In the air, propeller tips must run on one (same) level, otherwise there will be vibrations. Fly and check at eye level.

Indeed, with helicopters, (I have assembled a few recently) the settings are very very important (the weight, the center of gravity, the pitch, etc. etc.) but the dynamics of 4 rotors on the same device, that must still play a little on the behavior of the device. the rowers must all row in sync. But hey, given the mass of the bird, it may not be as important. ??
2020-4-28
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

120ccpm Posted at 4-28 09:19
Correct, what's important is how they track under load. Those of us with helis know you adjust the pitch of the individual blades to make them spin on the same plane, when hovering. A blade that has a bit more pitch than the other will generate more lift, causing it to track higher than the other. Not much you can do on a drone, other than changing props.

Indeed !, I agree !
2020-4-28
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

Flycaster Posted at 4-28 08:02
No, not an issue. Once the props have been loaded (in flight) that distance is nothing.

I took a look at 2 other cheap drones (Holy Stone) that I have and the 4 motors on each of them are all perfectly horizontal with respect to the ground therefore, I am not completely convinced that these two rear engines are not responsible for error messages. If someone who knows about aerodynamics and mainly about drones then let him show up.

I have a lot of difficulty with the fact that these two motors pull in opposite directions without this having any influence on the different sensors. In addition, they are found to work differently than the two front engines.

Also, if you are one of those who have never had this problem then I would like to see a picture in rear view on a perfectly horizontal plane, of your two rear engines. If they are identical to the images in post # 1 then I will know that I am wrong.

Thanks!
2020-4-28
Use props
Deucalion
lvl.4
Flight distance : 103091 ft
United States

JGFly Posted at 4-28 18:31
I took a look at 2 other cheap drones (Holy Stone) that I have and the 4 motors on each of them are all perfectly horizontal with respect to the ground therefore, I am not completely convinced that these two rear engines are not responsible for error messages. If someone who knows about aerodynamics and mainly about drones then let him show up.

I have a lot of difficulty with the fact that these two motors pull in opposite directions without this having any influence on the different sensors. In addition, they are found to work differently than the two front engines.

All of our drones are like that. The canter provides these drones more stability. The front motors are also not horizontal, they lean towards the back. The canter is built into the leg castings.
2020-4-28
Use props
Vlas
First Officer
Flight distance : 1398100 ft
  • >>>
United States

I wouldn't think so.
2020-4-28
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

There is a bit of dihedral built into the AC. Look at the  "prop disks" at an eye level hover..
You'll see it..
2020-4-29
Use props
JGFly
lvl.3

Canada

continued on the other thead

IS THIS SIGNIFICANT PART 2
2020-4-29
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now