MIcroSD card
675 13 2020-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Steve Woodmore
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I am really struggling to find a MicroSD card that will allow me to record in 4k.

Currently using Sandisk Extreme V30 3 A2 64gb cards and as soon as I shoot in any resolution above 2.7k 25fps I get terrible audio lag and shooting in 4k 25fps or higher I also get vdeo lag.

Any suggestions?

2020-4-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

What are you filming on? I use the Samsung Evo 128gb in my cameras.
2020-4-29
Use props
Steve Woodmore
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 4-29 07:03
What are you filming on? I use the Samsung Evo 128gb in my cameras.

Sandisk Extreme V30 3 A2 64gb

I did say in my OP.
2020-4-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Steve Woodmore Posted at 4-29 08:25
Sandisk Extreme V30 3 A2 64gb

I did say in my OP.

What are you using it in? OP OA MP2 MPZ ? You mention
the SD card but not what you are using it in.
2020-4-29
Use props
Steve Woodmore
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Woe Posted at 4-29 08:31
What are you using it in? OP OA MP2 MPZ ? You mention
the SD card but not what you are using it in.

I'm using it in an Osmo pocket, it's showing to me that I posted this in the Osmo Pocket Forum???
2020-4-29
Use props
Woe
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Steve Woodmore Posted at 4-29 08:44
I'm using it in an Osmo pocket, it's showing to me that I posted this in the Osmo Pocket Forum???

Have you updated the firmware? Also if you can post a video
that would help us give advice on whats going on and a possible fix.
2020-4-29
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Strange.
I only use those cards with no problems at any setting. Do make sure you format the card in the Osmo Pocket before using though. Never delete indiviual clips but once uploaded format in camera to clear the card.
2020-4-29
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Steve Woodmore Posted at 4-29 08:44

The reason this was asked is that so many can't seem to find the correct forum. There are many Mavic / Action and other device questions posted on the Osmo Pocket forum.
2020-4-29
Use props
Steve Woodmore
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 4-29 12:31
Strange.
I only use those cards with no problems at any setting. Do make sure you format the card in the Osmo Pocket before using though. Never delete indiviual clips but once uploaded format in camera to clear the card.

I have the latest firmware, I have formatted it in the camera.

Just tried it in my SJ5000x  action cam and I am getting super smooth 4K  on it, so I guess I have an issue with my Osmo then.
2020-4-29
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Steve Woodmore Posted at 4-29 14:09
I have the latest firmware, I have formatted it in the camera.

Just tried it in my SJ5000x  action cam and I am getting super smooth 4K  on it, so I guess I have an issue with my Osmo then.

The SJ5000x is a GoPro knock off. Is it truly 4K?

https://www.cnx-software.com/201 ... video-test-pattern/
2020-4-29
Use props
Steve Woodmore
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Curt1591 Posted at 4-29 14:37
The SJ5000x is a GoPro knock off. Is it truly 4K?

https://www.cnx-software.com/2014/09/26/test-your-4k-device-true-resolution-with-a-4k-uhd-2160p-video-test-pattern/

Yes it really is 4K and I also checked the card in Mm Galaxy S9, again 4k is perfect on that..
2020-4-29
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

The card you are using  is supposed to have around 90 MB/s write speed, Osmo Pocket only needs around 12.5 MB/s at it's highest (for 100 Mbps video). There is something else wrong here.

By the way  it is a very common mistake but technically speaking the video resolution has absolutely no bearing on the card speed required. The only thing that matters is the bitrate. As a rule of thumb the bitrate should increase along with the video resolution and/or frame rate (hence the misconception)  but this is not always the case. Mavic Pro records 4K at almost half the bitrate of Osmo Pocket for instance, so a much slower card would work on that.

If you want to clear the card, try it on something that records video at 100 Mbps (or more). If I am not mistaken S9 4K bitrate is much lower than that, and SJcam barely uses a fraction...
2020-4-29
Use props
Curt1591
First Officer
Thailand

Steve Woodmore Posted at 4-29 15:13
Yes it really is 4K and I also checked the card in Mm Galaxy S9, again 4k is perfect on that..

Because its specs say so?
2020-4-29
Use props
Steve Woodmore
lvl.1

United Kingdom

With absolutely no help at all from this forum or DJI tech support I have found the problem and the solution.

DJI tech support told me to return my camera for checking. No help there really.

The problem is indeed a DJI issue but it's not a fault withe the Osmo pocket and it's something that can be fixed in firmware if they want to bother.

Lets look firstly at the problem.

My mobile phone Galaxy S9 records in 4k, I can play those 4K files back on my PC

My action Cam SJ5000X records in 4K I can play those 4k files back on my PC

I recorded a 30 second clip on each and put all 3 in the same directory on my PC and it struck me, the problem was actually staring me right in the face.

The Osmo pocket 30 second 4K file was over 5x larger than the other 2 files  FFS it's the codcec they are using, for want of a better word it's bloated.
It identifies as H264 but I suspect it's a customised version that DJI are using with a much larger than needed bitrate

The solution was so simple, import it into Adobe Media encoder output it as a H.264 35 mb/s Bitrate, job done, it now plays in 4k quite happily on my PC
2020-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules